Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 224440 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [1.3] - Less moral, more deadly
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 02:38:22 pm »

It broke again!  >:( Fixed, thanks GIT! Here are the raws.

I have 2 creatures : SOUL_WISP and TENTACLE_MONSTER, their tokens does not matter much.

reaction :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

inorganic :

interaction :
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:23:26 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 03:46:31 am »

I updated the inorganic in the previous post, the speed drop made the process unreliable.

Now all the interactions works and I have 6 creatures to summon.  ;)
Next step is to make the summon randomly produce male or female creatures, then add the reagents.

Edit : Summons now produce random gender when needed, that was easier then I thought. The previous post is updated.
I am getting there, all it lacks now is reagents and a sprite sheet.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:25:29 am by Boltgun »

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 12:57:13 pm »

Awesome work, keep it up! I remember you talking about summoning tentacle monsters and using the wisp-like entity as summoning fodder... may I ask what are the other beasts you plan on providing?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 08:26:47 am »

I won't spoil the surprise this near to the next release. ;)
I'll add a list once everything is ready, I got most reagent in. I only need to figure a couple of extracts.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Succubus civ [2.0] - Beasts from below
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2013, 01:26:12 am »

Update 2.0 !

New stuff

You will need to generate a new world for this update, dfhack r3 is now a requirement from now on.

Summoning
A new workshop will let you call pets for your fort's defense.
- In order to work, you need to place a soul wisp in proximity.
- Soul wisp can be embarked with, make sure you bring both gender to let them reproduce.
- The summoning ritual will transform the wisp into the wanted creature.
- You can place several wisps to summon multiple creatures at once.
- It will use the alchemy skill.
- WARNING : It is preferable to put the wisp between the workshop and its exit, lines of sight may cause the worker to turn back and ignore the wisp otherwise.

6 creatures to summon :
- Nahash : Vermin hunting snake, can be bred for its eggs.
- Tentacle monster : Excellent wrestler, will also clean nearby succubi, leaving them with a speed buff.
- Hellhound :  An aggressive cousin of the dog, can be trained to serve as a bodyguard.
- Nightmare : A tireless grazer, can be milked or trained for war. Beware of its powerful kick.
- Fire imp : The fire imp you loved to hate, on your side. Hurl fireballs at your enemies.
- Pain elemental : A weak creature that will explode in an orgy of fire when attacked.

Those are the "easy" tier of creatures, more will be added in future update.
The reagent may be modified if those are too hard to get.

Other stuff
- Succubi and tentacle monster venoms will not paralyze anymore, those will instead reduce the enemy's speed. Tentacle demons receive a similar venom with a full paralysis effect.
- Poison class has been added to the creatures, the succubi are now vulnerable to snake bites.
- Modified descriptors a bit with more details.

Download
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 02:24:18 am by Boltgun »

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [2.0] - Beasts from below
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2013, 02:34:55 pm »

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:29:59 pm by Spirit of Power »

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 02:53:20 pm »

Great to see an update and I love the description for the Tentacle Monster and its ability: tip of my sock to you.

Do these creatures also have sprites for those a penchant for tilesets?

Vorsh99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2013, 09:18:56 pm »

Ah, how do the whips work?

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2013, 09:40:53 pm »

Well, you see, when two people love each other very much and have certain tastes, they...

Wait, did you mean wisps? Oh, that's just a transformation interaction helped along by DFHack. See Boltgun's posts for details.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2013, 05:41:07 am »

- They can be brought during embark, otherwise caravans and migrants will bring more.
- Everything done to then use the alchemy skill, you need to enable one or more succubi with that labor. It is next to the architecture labor.
- Then, you need a summoning circle (b, w, shift+c). You need a totem for that, butchering your starting pack animal will get you a skull.
- Add some space next to the circle then add a pasture.
- Pasture one or more soul wisp in this new area.
- Order the summon to be completed at the circle, the succubus will tranform the soul wisp into to the targeted creature.

I had the issue again where the worker leave the summoning circle without transforming the wisps, I added an additional transformation that will keep the succubus immobile until everything is complete. I will release this later today along with a few tweaks.

Great to see an update and I love the description for the Tentacle Monster and its ability: tip of my sock to you.

Do these creatures also have sprites for those a penchant for tilesets?

There is sprites for all of them. The fire imp is a copy from the phoebus set but I will add a custom one later on.

That's pretty much what will happen when multi attacks will be introduced, lots and lots of broken joint by tick 2. (There will be nothing dirty however, DF behave very badly to that.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:28:34 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2013, 08:39:20 am »

Update 2.1
You can update your saves by dropping the raws in your data/save/<save folder>/raw folder.
More info about updating your saves or generating a new world here.

- Added an immobile transformation to the summoning jobs. This should fix the issue with the worker leaving without completing the process.
- Soul wisps will now use their child sprites
- Male and female tags has been added to the soul wisps to make pasturing easier.
- Butchering a soul wisp now return nothing instead of an unknown substance.
- Natural skills has been added to the tentacle monsters.
- The wrestling skill has been removed from the nahash.
- Sprite update : Added Nightmare foal, Summoned creature, and undead versions of nahash, tentacle monster, nightmare and hellhound.
- Sprite update : Gave peasants something to wear. (yeah, really)

Download
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:47:29 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Succubus civ [2.1] - Beasts from below
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2013, 06:27:35 pm »

Even if I dont post here much, I am following this with interest.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2013, 10:04:16 pm »

-OP snip-
Even if I dont post here much, I am following this with interest.

OT: in reply to Boltgun's update 2.1 post:
Update 2.1
You can update your saves by dropping the raws in your data/save/<save folder>/raw folder.
-snip-
You may want to provide a link to Common Question: When do I need to generate a new world?
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2013, 01:51:23 am »

Well, masterwork is on the roadmap... at the end at least. I'll add the related tokens when the other contents are in, that will be faster that way.

I added the link about generating new worlds in the previous posts.

There is quite a few bugs there and there I have fixed, in addition it seems that sometimes the summoning does not work... again !
It seems to boil down to who does the summon, some can complete the job and some will not transform the soul wisps. I have a fort with 2 individuals marked, I'll post more if I find out where is the issue.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2013, 05:31:40 pm »

It looks very interesting so far especially if you get those summons working to how you want them. It leaves the Succubi with a nice mechanic that make them play a bit differently than dwarves.

You could also try giving them a special summon, with no ability to create children, with tough armor-level leather/materials that can be butchered. To balance this out it may need more expensive materials than what you need for an existing summon. It would help for metal-poor or scarce embarks... or if you just want a bunch of succubi prancing about in *demon leather skirts* with hell-forged iron swords and the like.

-- Edit: Found a very minor display issue on the world map/world-gen: 'Dark Lust demon' instead of 'Dark Lust Demon'. I'll let you know if I find anything else wrong with it. Having some !!fun!! so far.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:41:20 pm by Black_Legion »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 42