Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 224432 times)

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [2.2] - Beasts from below
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2013, 07:24:38 am »

What would the deep version do?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2013, 02:42:58 am »

What would the deep version do?

Mainly build forts with less resources and no trade. All the other races would attack, even the 'civilized' succubi. They would get stronger summons however, but that will remain optional. I am also thinking about removing mechanics, but that is pretty restrictive.

Deep succubi would be cults planning to bring HFS to the surface, regular succubi civs would rather prevent that as it would end their kingdoms. This is  a duel between devils and Cthulu here.

However after trying to add the civ quickly, I had to move back on expectations. I ran into several bugs plus the ones I had already. So I will add the deep succubi next time.

Among the bugs, the succubi stopped picking evil names and started using good ones. A civ named 'The enjoyable surprises' does not really sound demonic. I would not figure what token caused but rolling back a few changes will do the trick.

Also I can not get a sheared horn to melt, perhaps I must add a reaction for this.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2013, 03:49:53 pm »

A civ named 'The enjoyable surprises' does not really sound demonic.

That, however, definitely sounds succubi-like.
._.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2013, 02:52:54 am »

A civ named 'The enjoyable surprises' does not really sound demonic.

That, however, definitely sounds succubi-like.

Too bad, I revert the entity and they are now "The witches of horribad", for now at least. I need to further look into how names are generated to have them stand out in world gen.

Still no luck bringing a sheared horn to the forges. Those are stocked in the refuse stockpile and disappear pretty quickly there. Tokens in the wiki mentioned that metallic tissues "can be used in forges" but perhaps the shearing job is not producing an usable item. I'll patch it with a reaction for release.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [3.0] - Dark arts
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2013, 03:09:34 pm »

Ta da !

Update 3.0 !

You will need to generate a new world for this update.

This update added a batch of new items for your succubi to use as well as two light metals that will allow even a recruit to move quickly while wearing a full armor.

Highlights :

Stygian Bronze
The succubi could new figure the secret of steel. But their attempts allowed them to discover the benefits of flux stone. By melting bronze bars and welding it back in a delicate pattern, the succubi managed to created a light metal well suited for armor making. The dwarves believe the metal to be haunted as it is impossible for bronze to be this light.

Orichalcum
With the success of summoning livestock from the underworld, the succubi witches turned into bigger creatures. The basilisks are large creatures with an appetite for minerals. They grow an horn on their head that can be cut and melted. Weapons and swords made of orichalcum are prized possessions for a succubus warrior.

Slime soap
The idea was simple... If the tentacle monsters were compulsively cleaning everything, why not milk them of their slime to make soap? The result was successful. Not only it is possible to substitute oil with tentacle slime, but it is also nutritious once boiled.

Other stuff
* Fixed compatibility issues with accelerated DF
* New items including clothes, toys, instruments and pitchforks.
* Speeches as been added for NPCs boasting about a succubus kill.
* Shapes has been added for engraving plus one for gem cutting.
* 'Liquid' reagents have been removed.

Download
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:17:19 pm by Boltgun »

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2013, 05:01:19 pm »

Mr. Tentacle's Deep Cleaning Slime Soap - Not Spot Left Untouched!
**Product not rated for gnomes and dwarves. If feelings of ecstasy last more than 3 weeks please seek the nearest surgeon immediately.

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2013, 12:53:19 am »

There's still some issues with dying wisps.

Under certain circumstances, they can drop "Grim Smoke", "Lost Thoughts", and... "Stray Immature Soul Wisp head unknown frozen creature substance". Um.

Lost Thoughts is a type of stone, since it gets hauled off to the Stone stockpile, and I can use it to build workshops, though it is not possible to make blocks and furniture out of it.

What's more, wisps who are pets get their 'remains' hauled off to coffins, which is pretty weird, but ok.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2013, 01:15:58 am »

for your issue of having trouble melting the horn, make a custom reaction for the smelter? That takes a body component of the horns material and produces a bar (or chance to)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2013, 04:40:03 am »

for your issue of having trouble melting the horn, make a custom reaction for the smelter? That takes a body component of the horns material and produces a bar (or chance to)

That is what I did. A sheared horn is a 'body part', and I added a reaction class to the material so the reaction pick it properly. I was hoping the game could consider that as a metallic item and that you could melt it directly.

There's still some issues with dying wisps.

Under certain circumstances, they can drop "Grim Smoke", "Lost Thoughts", and... "Stray Immature Soul Wisp head unknown frozen creature substance". Um.

Lost Thoughts is a type of stone, since it gets hauled off to the Stone stockpile, and I can use it to build workshops, though it is not possible to make blocks and furniture out of it.

What's more, wisps who are pets get their 'remains' hauled off to coffins, which is pretty weird, but ok.

Do you have temperature off by any chance? Grim smoke is produced along stygian bronze and like lost thoughts they are supposed to boil immediately.
Upon dying the wisps turn into a kind of smoke, with no side effect but that prevent weird situations like you had.

I need to edit the creature body to get rid of the head. The unknown substance appeared because the wisp got its head chopped off, while the body turned into smoke. With no body parts and hopefully the remains having boiled off, there should be nothing left to bury.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:41:50 am by Boltgun »

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2013, 05:53:37 am »

Nope. Again, using Accelerated DF. I embarked on a very hot and dry volcano, and mucked around with magma forges. A dwarf siege shot some wisps and lust demons that were caught outside before lockdown, so I think that is when they died.

Also, who keeps kidnapping my wisps? I get the notification but never caught anyone. Oh. Also wisps can multiply..got a bunch of strays running around the fortress and generally being annoying.

What would happen if I butchered them?

Also, is it possible to make the deep variant of the succubus to start in a cavern instead of the surface? I think that would fit quite a lot.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:59:52 am by Iazo »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2013, 06:58:02 am »

Accelerated is probably disabling boiling, I'll test that further. I am pretty sure a dwarf beheaded a wisp, it make no sense for wisps to have heads anyway.

I noticed about the wispsplosion, I am looking around to limit their number of births, so that cannot have triplets and so on.

You can butcher them and you get nothing, no meat or frozen substance, but that is very effective to keep their numbers down. Otherwise you can cage em all.

Kidnapping messages are caused by traders leaving with their caged pets. It is a side effect of playing a civ with babysnatcher on. It does not affect your fort as they it is not your wisps getting kidnapped but the ones in the caravan. I have found no way to suppress that message.

Deep succubi will start underground as much as it is possible.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2013, 12:42:56 pm »

actually if you wish to keep the large litters but have a way to prevent birthing create a caste or another creature that targets only wisps with an interaction that add STERILE for a short time with a flashing tile so you know it's not going to breed for another 6 1/2 months.

This way you can pasture all your wisps into a room with said critter until you need more then you move the critter out so the wisp can produce again.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2013, 01:04:37 pm »

Nope. Again, using Accelerated DF. I embarked on a very hot and dry volcano, and mucked around with magma forges. A dwarf siege shot some wisps and lust demons that were caught outside before lockdown, so I think that is when they died.

Also, who keeps kidnapping my wisps? I get the notification but never caught anyone. Oh. Also wisps can multiply..got a bunch of strays running around the fortress and generally being annoying.

What would happen if I butchered them?

Also, is it possible to make the deep variant of the succubus to start in a cavern instead of the surface? I think that would fit quite a lot.

Magma and such can be used as fuel even without temperature values. It essentially has a hidden [FUEL] tag along with the material definition for it. I quickly downloaded and opened Accelerated DF and it does have its temperature set to "off". This will mean that the reasons you're finding the materials are that they didn't boil off due to a lack of temperature. In order to get the reactions working correctly you need to have temperature settings on:

To Fix:
-- Open d_init.txt in your DF folder.
-- Find the following segment of code:

[TEMPERATURE:NO]
[WEATHER:NO]
[ECONOMY:YES]
[INVADERS:YES]
[CAVEINS:YES]
[ARTIFACTS:YES]
[ZERO_RENT:NO]
[TESTING_ARENA:YES]
[WALKING_SPREADS_SPATTER_DWF:NO]
[WALKING_SPREADS_SPATTER_ADV:YES]

-- Change it to this:

[TEMPERATURE:YES]
[WEATHER:NO]
[ECONOMY:YES]
[INVADERS:YES]
[CAVEINS:YES]
[ARTIFACTS:YES]
[ZERO_RENT:NO]
[TESTING_ARENA:YES]
[WALKING_SPREADS_SPATTER_DWF:NO]
[WALKING_SPREADS_SPATTER_ADV:YES]

Due to the current way the raws work we can modify or apply syndromes and tags to creatures, but mostly through boiling stones (having the vapor they create apply the template/syndrome/ect). The only other way is a complex process of having a limb "cut off" and then a temporary necromantic interaction animate the limb... and from there various other crazy things can be done like summoning golems, duplicating creatures, ect. Without the [TEMPERATURE:YES] tab, none of the convential boiling stone reactions will work as they should, hence the weirdness with the materials.

You won't have to make a new save or anything, just go into that file and make that change. The reactions should start working as they should after you make the change and reopen DF.

** Edited for bad tags and spelling.

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2013, 01:21:20 pm »

Had another idea.

What if, instead of immigration, you could get new population by capturing hostile ambusher or sieging forces, and then transforming them into succubae? Using a soul wisp, maybe, at a summoning workshop. I know that siegers have their own profession and skills, put I have no idea if this idea can be done. The genders can be assigned in the current percentage too, so you'd have many more females than males, and thus this kind of population expansion would be the main way to advance, rather than breeding and immigration as with dwarves.

(Of course, this is a tame mod, so "poof, you're now a succubus, enjoy your new boobs." magic works fine, but if you wanted to make it more in-line to its spiritual predecessors, you could require that the transformation take place in a room with a bed and chains, while the transforming succubus uses a whip as a weapon. Potentially taking less time/ be more efficient by it having high points in social skills like Persuader/Negotiator. Sort of 'selling their soul', kind of deal, if you wish.)

I know that something like this is planned for the patch after the next one, but I think that the twist I gave it is way more interesting to someone who wants to play the game differently.

Also, I am not sure whether this happens or not, but maybe make the lust demons not require alcohol at all, and be abe to live and work on water only.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 01:35:10 pm by Iazo »

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2013, 02:34:31 pm »

The hedonistic lust demons requiring regular offerings of wine/spirits seems to fit the character type, at least for me. Plus having some of the summons require food/alcohol makes up for their powers and abilities being beyond an armored succubi in some respects. It allows an interesting dynamic having to balance the needs of your troops and the needs of your summons.

The muti-attack summons will definitely in handy given Toady's statement that sieges will be MUCH harder to deal with when your forces are outnumbered, the barrels of booze and and foot taken up by your relatively expendable but hardy summons. Unlike dwarves and their reliance on traps and walls of armored soldiers the summons do help these play differently. I'm still trying to get the hang of just how many wisps and materials I should take at the start to deal with the more challenging biomes though. Food and drink seem to be the least of my problems but zombifying/husking biomes are always a bit tough to deal with until you manage how to deal with the corpse factories.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 42