Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 224481 times)

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [3.0] - Dark arts
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2013, 06:10:47 pm »

I may have found something in the item_fooccubus file. The chess set appears to be missing a tag if you want them to be made from stone, wood, ect.

Currently:
[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_CHESS_SET]
[NAME:card set:chess sets]

Did you mean to add [HARD_MAT] to it to allow them to be worked from stone, wood, bone, ect?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2013, 02:45:44 am »

What if, instead of immigration, you could get new population by capturing hostile ambusher or sieging forces, and then transforming them into succubae? Using a soul wisp, maybe, at a summoning workshop. I know that siegers have their own profession and skills, put I have no idea if this idea can be done. The genders can be assigned in the current percentage too, so you'd have many more females than males, and thus this kind of population expansion would be the main way to advance, rather than breeding and immigration as with dwarves.

That would be an option for the deep succubi. The game expect you to export goods and not having any trade will reward you with little to no immigrants. An alternative source of citizens could be both a way around trade and a decent change in gameplay.

What is difficult is that I need to move the units from hostile to friendly. There is a command that do that but I couldn't tie it in a job. Perhaps it is time for me to start writing dfhack scripts, I know I have to learn its api at some point.

The succubi are already not alcohol dependent (no 'Need alcohol to get through the working day'), they still drink because they like the wine. I still have to decide on the matter but I will not use alcohol on pets however as the game does not handle their food and drinking right.

I may have found something in the item_fooccubus file. The chess set appears to be missing a tag if you want them to be made from stone, wood, ect.

Currently:
[ITEM_TOY:ITEM_TOY_CHESS_SET]
[NAME:card set:chess sets]

Did you mean to add [HARD_MAT] to it to allow them to be worked from stone, wood, bone, ect?

Oops, that will be fixed asap.

Btw, when multi attacks are released, there will be the cerberus. Succubi can hold a long sword in each hand too, with their speed advantage the amount of attacks you can pull should be really good.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:48:10 am by Boltgun »

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2013, 10:53:16 am »

Something is wrong with Vampire Succubus.

During a siege, when I put a lockdown in place, I found one of my Fortress inhabitants dead, drained of blood. Dwarf Therapist shows me 17 units, the unit screen in-game shows me 16. I know that DT has a fondness for reporting ghosts as living, but every dead person has at least a slab engraved.

I cannot find the 17-th succubus, even if I scoured the fortress z-level by z-level manually. It does not appear in any in-game list, like burrow, military, noble. DT reports her as having one single bad thought, being injured (I assume in the scuffle with the drained victim), but not a single other thought, which is weird since my fortress has enough engraving to give happy thoughts.

I can only assume that it is invisible somewhere, and will plague my fortress. :(

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2013, 12:08:18 pm »

During a siege, when I put a lockdown in place, I found one of my Fortress inhabitants dead, drained of blood. Dwarf Therapist shows me 17 units, the unit screen in-game shows me 16. I know that DT has a fondness for reporting ghosts as living, but every dead person has at least a slab engraved.

I cannot find the 17-th succubus, even if I scoured the fortress z-level by z-level manually. It does not appear in any in-game list, like burrow, military, noble. DT reports her as having one single bad thought, being injured (I assume in the scuffle with the drained victim), but not a single other thought, which is weird since my fortress has enough engraving to give happy thoughts.

I can only assume that it is invisible somewhere, and will plague my fortress. :(

I forgot if it was DT or another program, but it would be an error where it counts a kidnapped child. You have 16, but the knapper ran off with 17 and some bug is allowing DT to pick up on the victum (cause knapped kids arn't killed they just vanish at the edge of the map with the kidnapper)

EDIT:

Also if you are using the idea of an invader being converted or sacrificed you can just have a workshop give a worker and really short interaction that targerts sentient hostiles, the hostile gets and interaction to transform a soul wisp to a member of your civ (caste that never shows up, succubi slave?) if soul wisps naturally have the [PET] tag that will cause an issue, but if you can embark with say a creature (wisp mother, and father) these two are buy able pets  but they are very rare, where as the children (soul wisp) is a very common non pet caste.

Just in case you can't figure out a DF hack script
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 12:13:16 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2013, 01:37:06 pm »

I forgot if it was DT or another program, but it would be an error where it counts a kidnapped child. You have 16, but the knapper ran off with 17 and some bug is allowing DT to pick up on the victum (cause knapped kids arn't killed they just vanish at the edge of the map with the kidnapper)

EDIT:

Also if you are using the idea of an invader being converted or sacrificed you can just have a workshop give a worker and really short interaction that targerts sentient hostiles, the hostile gets and interaction to transform a soul wisp to a member of your civ (caste that never shows up, succubi slave?) if soul wisps naturally have the [PET] tag that will cause an issue, but if you can embark with say a creature (wisp mother, and father) these two are buy able pets  but they are very rare, where as the children (soul wisp) is a very common non pet caste.

Just in case you can't figure out a DF hack script

You may be right. I think I found the vampire based on her suspiciously long list of former associations. She is now built in a room, and we'll keep an eye on it, see if it dies.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [3.1] - Dark arts
« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2013, 12:47:46 am »

Update 3.1

You can update your saves by dropping the raws in your data/save/<save folder>/raw folder.
More info about updating your saves or generating a new world here.

* Soul wisps have no head anymore, and will die quicker when attacked. The same applies to pain elementals.
* Soul wisps will only have one child at a time.
* Capitalized professions and positions names to match the default ones. ¹
* Nahash and basilisk eggs are now edible when cooked. ²

¹ Only applies to new forts.
² Only eggs laid after updating will be edible, you'll have to get rid of eggs you already have in stock.

Download
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:49:30 am by Boltgun »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2013, 09:17:05 am »

You may want to make succubi be their full size when born due to a newly discovered bug. it means fortress creatures (including your inhabitants) never grow. Loving it so far boltgun :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2013, 01:02:40 am »

I just read the thread about it, this is a pretty bad bug. I'll use the chance to check that summons appear at their intended size.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [3.2] - Dark arts
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2013, 12:41:57 pm »

Update 3.2

You can update your saves by dropping the raws in your data/save/<save folder>/raw folder.

This is mostly a sprite update and a couple of tweaks. I did NOT fix the body sizes because it was found to be easily fixed on the dfhack thread, expect a fix in the form of a script soon.

- Sprite update : Darkened the outlines on succubi to make them easier to read.
- Sprite update : Added farmers jobs and basilisk child.
- Soul wisps no longer report as being blind in the health screen.
- The summoning circle has a more explicit middle tile.
- Made a few names shorter.¹

¹ Only take effect on new worlds and perhaps generated units.

Download

In nother news I ported the first half of tweak makeown into ruby. I can already take control of goblin merchants already, even if they currently drop their clothes.
Once I completed, reactions that convert caged invaders to your fort will be possible, but I need to test this against loyalty cascades.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:26:51 pm by Boltgun »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2013, 03:16:39 pm »

Hahaha look at my civilization name;
;D
Also a quick note from the error log;
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature SUMMONING_RITUAL
SUMMONING_RITUAL:GENERIC:eye: No tissue thickness
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature SUMMONED_SOUL
SUMMONED_SOUL:GENERIC:eye: No tissue thickness
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature SOUL_WISP
SOUL_WISP:MALE:eye: No tissue thickness
SOUL_WISP:FEMALE:eye: No tissue thickness
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature PAIN_ELEMENTAL
PAIN_ELEMENTAL:GENERIC:eye: No tissue thickness
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:55:47 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2013, 02:51:50 pm »

Hahaha look at my civilization name;
;D

Dwarf fortress, aka "I see what you did there!". Among the names I had, the Immorality of Bees (my god) and the Seducers of Generals, the last ones took babysnatching to a new level.

I also fixed the bugs from the error log :

Update 3.3

That should be the last update before 4.0.

Changes :
- Added the missing eye tissues to the creatures (herp derp, forgot to check errorlog.txt).
- Enhanced the weaponry stats of stygian bronze, those are now equivalent to normal bronze despite their low weight.
- Boosted the pitchforks damage from a nerf toy to a lighter pike.
- Increased the alchemy skill gains.

Enjoy !

Download
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:22:46 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 3.3 - Dark arts
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2013, 02:21:25 am »

Orichalcum is broken !

It seem that the job at the smelter will take any items made of this metal, including metal bars. And for each metal bar you end up with 150 more bars. I left the job on repeat and I ended with enough metal to outfit the world.

In addition, summoning basilisks require 4 of each bar but DF does not show any number on screen.

I am working on a fix asap.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2013, 05:03:10 pm »

Code: [Select]
The Warlord kicks The Pangolin in the upper body with her left hoof, bruising the muscle!
The Warlord kisses The Pangolin in the upper body, bruising the muscle!
The Pangolin is propelled away by the force of the blow!
The Pangolin's upper body skids along the ground, bruising the muscle!
The Pangolin slams in to an obstacle!
Oh the power of love :P.

Any attack needs to pierce skin to apply special effects, so venom never gets injected with those licks and kisses. So while those act as manifestation of demonic perversion they have far less effect than the were intended to.
You'd need to use interactions to get that working. Or maybe you could make their lips covered with saliva (SECRETION token on wiki) that will come in contact with target upon attack. I've never done anything like that myself though and I believe kissing through the pants still won't do the trick.

Also succubi are creatures driven to depravity by their nature, so how about adding some drawbacks caused by this nature? i.e. Giving them some combat interactions that do nothing except appear in combat log. ("A succubus licks her lips teasingly" or "A succubus makes a kissy face at foe" etc.)
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2013, 10:57:34 pm »

In nother news I ported the first half of tweak makeown into ruby. I can already take control of goblin merchants already, even if they currently drop their clothes.
Once I completed, reactions that convert caged invaders to your fort will be possible, but I need to test this against loyalty cascades.

This looks really, really interesting. I just wrote a PM the Kurik about this, to "bribe" caravan guards into your fortress, but using caged invaders gives it a new spin.

Isnt it a problem taking control over merchants, because they leave all their items? You know, free tradegoods and all that?

I would be very interested to see your work on this matter, because I believe both the goblins and the drow might have a use for this technology, and dwarves/orcs for buying the service of the caravans guards of their home-civ. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2013, 02:27:28 am »

wrong thread meph?  ???
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42