Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 224490 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 3.3 - Dark arts
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2013, 03:03:05 am »

wrong thread meph?  ???

I talked about writing script in another thread, I guess it is the best way to reach me.  :)

I tested makeown on caravans so far, I caged a minotaur and test it too. (Edit: Minotaur gets hostile)

I only have to port the clothing fix and make it accept an unit ID. Afterwards all that is left is to use autosyndrome/syndromeTrigger to execute it on prisonners.

About
Also succubi are creatures driven to depravity by their nature, so how about adding some drawbacks caused by this nature? i.e. Giving them some combat interactions that do nothing except appear in combat log. ("A succubus licks her lips teasingly" or "A succubus makes a kissy face at foe" etc.)

I did not knew about blunt attacks not using venom, I assumed it works but it must have been the licking. I'll give it a try, as long as it does not several body parts that should be okay.

More interactions will come down the road, be it for flavor text or powers.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 01:14:30 pm by Boltgun »

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2013, 12:41:36 pm »

I am ridiculously excited about this mod, for some reason!

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2013, 05:46:18 pm »

Another little bit of passionate weirdness.
Code: [Select]
The Warlord licks The Troglodyte in the left lower leg, chipping the bone!
Lust demon saliva is injected into the The Troglodyte's troglodyte blood!
-snip-
The Warlord licks The Troglodyte in the left hand, chipping the bone!
The Warlord kisses The Troglodyte in the right foot, fracturing the bone!
Now that's something lusty demon would do.  :P

Edit: Also, I don't see there any chainmail bikinis.
Nevermind, found corsets.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:37:11 pm by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2013, 02:18:10 am »

I spoke with Kurik Amudnil (oh god I hope the nick is written correctly) about the topic. But correct, I somehow read a post by you while reading the dfhack topic, while having the succubus mod thread open as well... thought it was all here. Sorry for the derail then. ;)

Btw, I really like this mod, it reminds me of Dungeon Keeper a bit. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2013, 08:05:22 am »

Edit: Also, I don't see there any chainmail bikinis.
Nevermind, found corsets.

corsets > bikinis
Btw credit where it is due, lick and kiss attacks were in the lust demon mod this one was derivated from.

I spoke with Kurik Amudnil (oh god I hope the nick is written correctly) about the topic. But correct, I somehow read a post by you while reading the dfhack topic, while having the succubus mod thread open as well... thought it was all here. Sorry for the derail then. ;)

Btw, I really like this mod, it reminds me of Dungeon Keeper a bit. :)

Thank you, I loved this game and did not realize at first how close I was getting to it.

Anyway, the deep succubi civ is written and is working. I have to complete a few details, like their relationship with the regular ones, and a way around their lack of migrants.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 08:07:26 am by Boltgun »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2013, 11:42:15 am »

Did you know your succubis don't have tongues? Their [BODY:stuff] lacks either FORKED_TONGUE or TONGUE.

Also I've been fiddling with their kissings after my fort died to some crash I couldn't figure out.
So I humbly suggest these values:
Spoiler: code (click to show/hide)
They still tend to lick adversary's brain into parts from time to time, but mostly they pass from exhaustion while liking if it's the only attack available.
Also, that SECRETION bit on the top does the trick for poisoning. Not 100% guaranteed but still extremely likely to affect.
And lastly, I think syndrome like this better qualifies as paralysing kiss.
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:200:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:1:END:200]
[CE_DROWSINESS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:1:END:200]
It makes human partially paralysed and, unlike the current one, kicks in before the target is already dead.
As for [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:75:START:0:END:300], I'm not sure I've noticed any effect in arena.

edit: Okay, secretion may be not the best solution to the problem. When you play fortress mode you'll get fortress slobbered since they tend to drool into every pool of water, the rain also doesn't make things better. Guess it must be done with interactions.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 03:49:44 pm by Di »
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2013, 02:33:11 pm »

Did you know your succubis don't have tongues? Their [BODY:stuff] lacks either FORKED_TONGUE or TONGUE.

Also I've been fiddling with their kissings after my fort died to some crash I couldn't figure out.
So I humbly suggest these values:
Spoiler: code (click to show/hide)
They still tend to lick adversary's brain into parts from time to time, but mostly they pass from exhaustion while liking if it's the only attack available.
Also, that SECRETION bit on the top does the trick for poisoning. Not 100% guaranteed but still extremely likely to affect.
And lastly, I think syndrome like this better qualifies as paralysing kiss.
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:200:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:1:END:200]
[CE_DROWSINESS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:1:END:200]
It makes human partially paralysed and, unlike the current one, kicks in before the target is already dead.
As for [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:75:START:0:END:300], I'm not sure I've noticed any effect in arena.

edit: Okay, secretion may be not the best solution to the problem. When you play fortress mode you'll get fortress slobbered since they tend to drool into every pool of water, the rain also doesn't make things better. Guess it must be done with interactions.

No tongue? This must be fixed asap! And to top that, they will have long tongues.

I wanted to review venoms down the road, I made those when I had little grasp on syndromes and timing. Now those act quickly and should be effective. I did the same to the other creatures with syndromes. Now I have to arena test it all.

In my first tests, with paralysis proved it to be overpowered. One lick was enough to put an enemy to the ground and the next move was a bash to the head. I'll try it again but as a localized effect: A kiss on the arm should cause the enemy to drop his weapon. I kept the attack power however, for now. I'll change that when there will be more power to play with.

I am pretty sure that kisses inject venom in the target blood, I have the message in my logs as long as the kiss do some damage, like chipping a bone. I'd rather avoid putting secretions on citizens. While it is funny on a creature, on citizens it will generate too much spatter and I have to mind the FPS. Besides, drooling succubi... But that could be an idea to a disease.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 03:09:21 pm by Boltgun »

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succubus civ [3.0] - Dark arts
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2013, 05:58:38 pm »

What if, instead of immigration, you could get new population by capturing hostile ambusher or sieging forces, and then transforming them into succubae? Using a soul wisp, maybe, at a summoning workshop. I know that siegers have their own profession and skills, put I have no idea if this idea can be done. The genders can be assigned in the current percentage too, so you'd have many more females than males, and thus this kind of population expansion would be the main way to advance, rather than breeding and immigration as with dwarves.

That would be an option for the deep succubi. The game expect you to export goods and not having any trade will reward you with little to no immigrants. An alternative source of citizens could be both a way around trade and a decent change in gameplay.

What is difficult is that I need to move the units from hostile to friendly. There is a command that do that but I couldn't tie it in a job. Perhaps it is time for me to start writing dfhack scripts, I know I have to learn its api at some point.

Hire Guard could be modified to find a unit in a constructed or stockpiled cage (built adjacent to the building or linked via stockpile link or within a visible range of the worker) and then change their race to match the succubus fort race (either by were creature transform or true transform) before running the make_own function (makeown.lua included with hire guard, require 'makeown').

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2013, 02:52:12 am »

Wouldnt that mean that you need a succbi-caste for them? Taking a goblin and making a fort-member-succubi is different from taking a goblin and making a fort-member-goblin.

The main problem would be the natural occurence (pop_ratio:0 doesnt work and defaults to average pop_ratio), and the creature graphics. You cant have caste-specific sprites, so your goblin-caste would still look like a succubi. So its not really taming/converting captives, its succubi-fying them.

It makes sense for a magical race.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2013, 04:00:17 am »

I read "transforming them into succubae" as changing their race, the goblin wouldn't be a goblin anymore.  without mutating their race into the same as the fort, they would be pretty useless.  Yes, that would mean using the same creature graphics as the fort race.  The deep succubi race could have a caste for mutated captures but the same issues of children being born of that caste and inter breeding apply.  Those issues might not be applicable here as I think it would make sense for a succubified mutated capture caste to interbreed and who is to say a new born mutated capture caste baby didn't have an ancestor who was converted?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2013, 04:20:41 am »

So an alien race makes sense, "implant egg into caged invader", to spawn a new alien. Maybe makes kind-a sense for an incubi and a female invader, but that would be breaking the limits of good taste.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2013, 04:52:15 am »

Wouldnt that mean that you need a succbi-caste for them? Taking a goblin and making a fort-member-succubi is different from taking a goblin and making a fort-member-goblin.

The main problem would be the natural occurence (pop_ratio:0 doesnt work and defaults to average pop_ratio), and the creature graphics. You cant have caste-specific sprites, so your goblin-caste would still look like a succubi. So its not really taming/converting captives, its succubi-fying them.

It makes sense for a magical race.

That exactly what will happen.

Deep succubi are bound to have little migrants (no trade nor diplomats). Prisoners will become an alternative sources of citizens as they are turned into half breed castes.

I plan to extend this to other targets too, like transforming a Minotaur into a balrog like monster.

Civilized succubi will only convert prisoners into 'pet citizens'. That will be a much less powerful variant as they have other perks to play with. Afaik labors may be given to such citizens (I have not tested it yet) and they will defend the meeting areas. I'll add no_sleep to them to avoid bed issues.

The bigger challenge is to have sieges while playing the deep succubi in the first place. I will probably use a workshop dedicated to that.

PS: It will be magical, like summoning, I'll leave the details of the process out for your imagination.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2013, 04:07:45 pm »

Unfortunately, CE_PARALYSIS cannot be localized. It's always total body paralysis. I'm really liking how this is developing though!
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 4.0 - Milith fhtagn!
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2013, 01:39:21 am »

Update 4.0

You need to generate a new world to use this update.

Not all the succubi gave up on their origins and many cults are gathering in the underground. According to those cults, the world must be prepared for the return of their masters who will devour every mundane race in the world. When that will happen, the succubi will be at their side as their concubines.

Ironically, the greatest opposition to them are the succubi kingdoms, who rather not return into servitude.

The civ is currently in an alpha state, there is no additions besides the difficulty. I needed to release the bug fixes and test the civ itself before moving into special effects.

The sprites are also temporary, you can distinguish the deep succubi by their blue background. They will receive their own sprite later on.

The plan is to
a) Finish the regular succubus sprite sheet and summons so I can start the deep succubus sheet.
b) Test the dfhack effects I need for the future workshops.

Changelog :
+ New civ ! Deep succubi.
- The deep succubi have no access to trading.
- The deep succubi are at war with everyone.
- From the other races perspective, they act as a skulking civ.

+ Other fixes
- Halved the growth rate of basilisk horns.
- Summoning basilisks only require one bar of each type instead of four.
- Orichalcum making will properly select a basilisk horn.
- Gave missing tongues to the creatures.
- The incubi have now the same attacks as the succubi.
- Various venoms now act faster and are more effective.
- Gave the civilization more names to choose from.

Download
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:28:24 am by Boltgun »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 4.0 - Milith fhtagn!
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2013, 10:27:45 am »

So, ugh, do they still kiss skulls through the brain?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42