Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 226165 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 4.2 - Milith fhtagn!
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2013, 11:42:28 pm »

Yes, but only works on professions. Professions are toggled by nobles, military and skill-labor. Even if I... lets say put Animal Caretaking apart, call it "goblin", make all dwarves not learn animal caretaking, add a goblin-dwarf caste that has natural caretaking skills... then I get goblin caretakers which turn (at least in graphical sense) into dwarf-ranger when they learn more of the hunting skills, and which turn into dwarf nobles when assigned a noble postition, and into dwarf military if I assign them a military position.

I can do real goblin fort-members, but the bastards stay tame. So close. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2013, 01:06:46 am »

Ah, what I planned is to provide skills in all labor to captured enemies so maybe they participate in the fort's life.

But first things first, the cage mystery is pretty difficult. When caged, you cannot get an unit's position and so I need to find out the cage's position. I found out how to do that for a constructed cage but not for stockpiled ones. This is important because if I cannot reliably integrate new members into the fort, they can cause a loyalty cascade.

Edit edit : Nevermind, the solution is one line long. Reading docs before reinventing the wheel is a good idea. :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:04:03 am by Boltgun »

Covenant Ringthane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2013, 05:43:50 am »

Firstly, I'm posting to watch, so I can be sure to never miss an update :D
Secondly, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! HAVE MY BABIES! :-* Seriously, though, I love the mod. The time and effort you've put into it shows.
Lastly, are you still accepting suggestions?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2013, 02:19:13 am »

Firstly, I'm posting to watch, so I can be sure to never miss an update :D
Secondly, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! HAVE MY BABIES! :-* Seriously, though, I love the mod. The time and effort you've put into it shows.
Lastly, are you still accepting suggestions?

You're welcome. :)

I am still accepting suggestions, more ideas are always a good thing.

By the way, I fixed a few bugs with the prisoner conversion scripts. Now I am working on an addition for the deep succubi and adding placeholders so I can release a few features without requiring a world regen.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2013, 10:19:10 am »

Suggestions:
 - Rendermax-linked workshops, because I cant believe that not a single mod uses this yet.
 - A workshop that controls "force siege/caravan/migrant", because I think most of not all mods could use something like that.
 - A pre-packed, pre-installed version. Just download, unpack, play. Gets you more players, eases use for the players...
 - A replaced WTF (weird text format) file for embark, so it doesnt say: Strike the Earth, Dwarven Outpost, etc.

I got many more, but I think thats enough already. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2013, 02:34:49 am »

Suggestions:
 - Rendermax-linked workshops, because I cant believe that not a single mod uses this yet.
 - A workshop that controls "force siege/caravan/migrant", because I think most of not all mods could use something like that.
 - A pre-packed, pre-installed version. Just download, unpack, play. Gets you more players, eases use for the players...
 - A replaced WTF (weird text format) file for embark, so it doesnt say: Strike the Earth, Dwarven Outpost, etc.

I got many more, but I think thats enough already. ;)

Good suggestions :
- I installed rendermax, it takes a big hit on my FPS, but I plan to make use of it. There is a lot of potental for it.

- Provoking sieges will be in the next version, this will be critical for the deep succubi. :)

- I did not think of that, at first I wanted to make a small mod to drop in your df install but I guess we are beyond this now. I'll make prepackaged versions after the next release.

- I did not dare to touch those binary texts but in the prepackaged version I guess this should be worth it.

Oh and I found out that deep succubi butcher and eat sentient invaders. I thought it was impossible.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:21:50 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2013, 10:00:17 am »

Not impossible, its in the entity ethics. BUTCHER_SENTIENT:ACCEPTABLE.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2013, 10:54:15 am »

Not impossible, its in the entity ethics. BUTCHER_SENTIENT:ACCEPTABLE.

This made quite a cluttered kitchen screen, elf steaks everywhere.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 5.0 - strange bedfellows
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2013, 04:12:51 am »

Update 5.0 - Enthralling

This update requires a new world gen and will provide the deep succubi with much needed features.

It introduces new purposes for caged prisoners. Both civs have access to a specific building that allow them to turn nearby prisoners to their side.
In order to turn prisoners, you need to build a den of iniquity or a torture chamber and install their cage within line of sight. This behavior is similar to summoning, except using the caged invaders instead of soul wisps.

The deep succubi variant is more powerful as it will also transform them into succubi half breeds! This is critical for them as they do not get migrants after the initial two waves.
* Humans and elf become cambions : They are more enduring and have a better animal training skill.
* Dwarves become devils : They can enter martial trances and have good mechanics skill, but the are shorter.
* Goblins become hellions : They are more enduring and do not need to eat or drink.
* Kobolds become imps : They are unfortunately small but are great at dodging and using knives.
* Transformed enemies act like fort members and are ready to perform the usual jobs.
* Be warned that they are likely to complain about duty, and you will need clothing for them. Make sure you do not transform more prisoners that you can handle.

The deep succubi have also access to a new building : The Altar of nightmares. They will use it to affect their cult's environment, and its first job is to provoke random sieges. This can be useful to increase your numbers from the first year. The civilization that will attack you is random, allowing access to good metals with luck.

Other changes :
* A new summon for the deep succubi : Sothoth spawns. They can turn themselves invisible and their slime will turn their enemies crazy. They provide nothing when butchered.
* 2 new plants for evil biomes, block roses (surface) and blood worms (underground). Those plants have no specific purpose yet but can be brewed
* Regular succubi (I will call them royalists from now on) now exclusively use nightmares for pulling and mounting, goblin may also use those if they find them during world gen.
* Added slave, prisoner, whipper and thief sprites.
* Gave the deep succubi a blue background to distinguish them from royalists, this is temporary until they get their own graphics.
* Enhanced descriptions with hair styles, incubi will also grow beards if they want to.
* Cleaned up some raw, removed the duped fire imp as the summoning now use the vanilla creature.

Download

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2013, 05:23:45 am »

Congratulations on you success. Enslaving and converting prisoners, a completely new game mechanic. Well done.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2013, 05:35:43 am »

Congratulations on you success. Enslaving and converting prisoners, a completely new game mechanic. Well done.

Thank you, I am going to experiment on citizens from other races. I am sure there is a way to make them an active part of the fort.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2013, 05:43:36 am »

Warmist only told me about job-order, which replaced active jobs and puts these non-civ creatures to work, but I couldnt find a good way to impliment that. But your transmutation fits well for succubi... I just have no idea how to do this for dwarves to any sensible extend. Dwarves capturing goblins, mutating them into dwarves? wtf. The only thing I can come up with is: Transmute soul into new body... but then again you need some artifical dwarf-body to inhabit.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2013, 06:45:24 am »

I am using custom caste for the transformed units, you could make a 'goblin' caste but then you will have again the issue with graphics not matching. I don't know how to fix that yet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2013, 10:36:46 am »

I can already tell you that ALT_TILE doesnt work, FLASH_TILE does work but flickers between dwarf and goblin then, PROFESSION specific sprites do work very badly, but then you need to set apart a profession for each migrant (pointless, like "no dwarf can learn poison" and "goblins can only learn poison", this way no dwarf arrives being a poisonist, and all goblins are poisonists... but as soon as you assign the goblin/dwarf poisonist to the military or any noble position, the sprite is of course the dwarven one)

In short, I havent found a way yet. I can use castes all day, but cant add grahics to them. I can also spawn new foreign migrants with correct graphics, but they dont do labor. Its one or the other.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2013, 12:45:28 pm »

As suggested, I compiled a premade version of DF with the mode installed along with dfhack, obsidian tileset, Phoebus creatures and various bugfixed and plugins :
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8000

The linux and mac builds will follow.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42