Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 225884 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 5.6 - strange bedfellows
« Reply #300 on: April 01, 2014, 01:18:48 pm »

<weird double post>
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:20:19 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #301 on: April 01, 2014, 04:35:03 pm »

Does this mean that you found a final solution to the issue, or is it something that requires manual user input and/or reloading the save?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 02, 2014, 02:22:15 am »

Does this mean that you found a final solution to the issue, or is it something that requires manual user input and/or reloading the save?

This is the complete solution for any fort. Converted prisoner should behave from now on.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 02, 2014, 11:12:30 am »

When's the next update going to be released with the fixes? :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 02, 2014, 01:08:39 pm »

When's the next update going to be released with the fixes? :)

Soon. I have debugged special ammo and new weapons. I also fixed a few bad building choices. Now I have to build each new workshop and test the reactions.

I have do deal a bug with the soul system however. I wanted the succubi to get soul from corpses but instead they will use any butchered part: cartilage, bone, hooves... That's not what I had in mind.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 04, 2014, 08:34:23 am »

I finished debugging the reactions for the deep succubi and fixed a lot of bugs for them. Now all that remain are the regular succubi's reactions before I start packaging the update.

Iazo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2014, 08:52:23 am »

Yay for succubi!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2014, 09:26:57 am »

Whats unclear about the souls? I thought you wanted to copy the ebo item idea that Roses and me use.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2014, 12:18:27 pm »

At first I did not want to update the vanilla DF raws, so the mod can be used along other mods. But the real issue is that non deep succubi do not butcher sentient creatures and so to get soul from their corpse I have to add another way.

I made reaction that create a soul from a corpse. It does work, but it will also pick any inedible bodypart from the refuse stockpile, like bones, nervous tissue... playing with this will be too much micro management. Plan B involves dfhack and an interaction.

Ie : Build the workshop in the middle of the refuse. Reaction provides an interaction that targets corpses 'fit for resurection'. Interaction uses syndrometrigger to run a script that delete the item at the position and add a soul, non-sentient butchers get their souls.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:21:47 pm by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2014, 12:31:04 pm »

Interesting. I couldnt find a solution with modding. Ebo items means you need to butcher sentients, while corpse targetting in reactions is broken. It never occured to me to use dfhack.

Maybe I can use this for my dwarves, use your system, mostly to stop them from butchering sentients...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2014, 01:25:15 am »

I finished debugging the next version. I still need to add a way to make glass blocks quickly (because the gem crafter shop did not work) and to work on a new way to get the souls from bodies.

Update : I got mass production of glass blocks and windows in. For souls it is getting complicated. I don't want to search through the item list because that will hurt the fps badly, so I am going to resurrect the corpse and transform it into a dummy creature. Then, through dfhack, I have to create and place a soul on its feet before killing it. There is many ways this can fail but I hope to keep the whole process into one tick.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:27:59 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2014, 03:46:14 pm »

The dummy creature could just use the soul as itemcorpse.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 12, 2014, 02:18:31 am »

The dummy creature could just use the soul as itemcorpse.
Why didn't I think of this first? Now I only have to add the killswitch.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 13, 2014, 08:47:53 am »

Huge success using itemcorpse. The game instantly resurrect bodies and transform them into summoned soul, then I simply flip the scuttle flag to turn it into items.

But one old problem remains. Interaction based actions does not seem to fire properly unless I immobilize the worker with a transformation. Since transformations heal the unit and the soul conversion is free, I do not want to use this solution. That would be too easy to abuse.

So far, queuing the job twice seem to work. I'll leave it like this for now.

And that completes the development of 6.0. I need to prepare the packaged version (which is longer that it should be) and make sure it works in masterwork.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #314 on: April 13, 2014, 08:55:44 am »

Thw worker runs away to quickly. He doesnt target the corpses before he is out of range. Queuing it up twice only makes him stay longer, thats why it works.

Try setting the workers speed to 1 or similar tricks to keep him around for 100 ticks or so.

Edit: An afterthought: Might i use this for mdf dwarves? while my soul system does work, it results in dwarves butchering sentients... not intended. ;) The important part would be race specific souls... dead goblins have to give a goblin soul. Otherwise some features dont work.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:58:01 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 42