Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 224431 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Succubus Dungeon 15.0 - Whips of fire
« Reply #495 on: December 14, 2017, 04:55:47 pm »

Did some more work to get the mod into 0.44.

I can confirm that the new animal tokens are working as intended. While this does nothing that the dfhack script does not already, it means less commands that run when the game launch and that's always mean less crashes. I still use dfhack to insert the hfs pets into the mix.

I also removed a bunch of stuff in the name of clarity. So the gemforge, graveforge and gem furniture stuff are gone. I never felt that they really contributed to the game, twisting resources away from their purpose and producing crap items of little value.

I also removed the two special metals as it felt confusing to have them in the caravans and no way to produce some themselves. They'll come back with a new the soul forge.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Succubus Dungeon 15.1 - Whips of fire
« Reply #496 on: January 02, 2018, 04:10:01 am »

44.03 story time.

I sent my lady of pain and her party to a ruined forest retreat, looking for rumored books. Instead of the books, they found an elf mercenary trapped there. The succubi brought him back home and applied for sanctuary, going as far as translating his name in the demonic language. He also claims to be a slave to my home civ.

Unfortunately, he cannot join my military as a refugee. I am tempted to build a den of iniquity and corrupt him. After all, he fought a forgotten beast that wiped half my population with his bare hands, with the help of an axe wielding frog demon, and he should be a worthy addition.

The raiding system kick ass. The game crashed next raid and I lost hours of gameplay.

On the other hand, there is still a blocking bugs for interaction magic. Pyromancy work properly in arena mode, but when added to a worker through a reaction, interactions do not work. This dfhack bug was fixed in the past and came back.
Summoning does not work either but we must wait until dfhack is out of beta before starting to fix scripts.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 03:38:42 am by Boltgun »

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 03, 2018, 10:01:03 am »

When you're working on this, could you check something for me? In the previous version, I embarked with my succubi on a evil biome where it was SNOWING succubi blood. Problem was, that this was a temperate biome with a temperature above 0°C - it turned out to be impossible to find an evil biome where it was RAINING succubi blood. This must have something to do with the way succubi temperature is defined in the raws. My attempt to figure out where exactly the problem is was unsuccessful. If you want, I can open my old game and make some screenshots. 

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 03, 2018, 12:27:39 pm »

When you're working on this, could you check something for me? In the previous version, I embarked with my succubi on a evil biome where it was SNOWING succubi blood. Problem was, that this was a temperate biome with a temperature above 0°C - it turned out to be impossible to find an evil biome where it was RAINING succubi blood. This must have something to do with the way succubi temperature is defined in the raws. My attempt to figure out where exactly the problem is was unsuccessful. If you want, I can open my old game and make some screenshots.

Hello, because succubi are immune to magma their fluids get all kind of weird. The game set them are one temperature and never move. In fact, you're in luck because in other cases the result would be a constant rain of napalm.

I'll make another try at enforcing one nice temperature but there is no promise that the game will behave.

tranquilham

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANSLATION:OWO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 11, 2018, 03:47:40 pm »

I actually embarked in a Haunted biome, and it was raining liquid succubus blood. Not succubus blood snow, or boiling hot magma napalm. I'm pretty sure it was in the 43.05 64 bit version?

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 24, 2018, 09:04:08 am »

I actually embarked in a Haunted biome, and it was raining liquid succubus blood. Not succubus blood snow, or boiling hot magma napalm. I'm pretty sure it was in the 43.05 64 bit version?

What temperature was that biome? Scorching? :D

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 25, 2018, 03:54:22 am »

What temperature was that biome? Scorching? :D

What I am curious is if items get damaged in contact of fallen snow/blood. If the game decided to make it super frozen, it will damage stuff.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [44.05] Succubus Dungeon 16.0 - Altar of sin
« Reply #502 on: March 03, 2018, 03:03:38 pm »

Update 16.0

Finally, an update! This bring the mod to DF 44.05 so you can properly burninate your neighbors. Speaking of burninate, the Altar of Sin is back! It only offer 2 major and 2 minor powers but more will be added soon. Each succubi can only acquire one of each power so you will have to figure out the best combos.

The major powers are:
- Hellfire: throw fireballs everywhere. A pyromaniac can also breath dragonfire if she stand in magma.
- Lust: distract enemies, paralyze them or push them into hitting each other. In gameplay terms it's a crowd controlling power.

The minor powers are:
- Group phasing: Teleport yourself and allies towards an enemies, allow movement through windows or fortifications.
- Facemelter: what it says on the tin with added terror and bleeding.

Now for the less fun stuff... A few workshops has been removed because their products are either buggy or did not contribute much. So I removed the gemforge, glassforge, boneforge, bonecarver and gemcutter. Obsidian armor is also gone as well as liquid fire weapons (turns out it was not on fire at all because I forgot to add temperature). The two special metals are gone too because it's weird to have it pop up in trade with no way to produce it at home.

The fire weapons has been replaced by a reaction that cover a weapon of your choice with fire, this is much more effective. As for stygium and afelsteel, those will be back once I get some new resources sorted out.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Windows build
Standalone patch

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 03, 2018, 07:32:57 pm »

Thanks for the work, Boltgun I love this mod!
I don't do much modding, but when I do you can use anything I did for Dwarf Fortress in any non-commercial project. Let me know if you did, you'll make me happy!

Rhenaya's Drow mod forum page

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 05, 2018, 03:54:55 am »

You're welcome, enjoy!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [44.09] Succubus Dungeon 16.1 - Altar of sin
« Reply #505 on: April 14, 2018, 02:41:25 pm »

Update 16.1

A minor update to bring the mod towards the version 0.44.09. The tiles are a little more explicit in ASCII mode and two new powers were added to the Altar of Sin.

The secrets of depravity (major): a support oriented power that empower allies at the cost of the user's own abilities. The user becomes a debauchee and lose 20% of its attributes permanently in exchange of paralysis, pain, nausea and fever immunity plus the following:
  • Release pheromones: Emit a cloud of pheromones that render nearby succubi immune to pain while stunning and paralyzing enemies (same as the secrets of lust).
  • Loving Caress: Touch the target and increase their attributes. The buff is contagious, meaning that the target can spread the buff to someone else for a short time and is indicated by a blinking question mark.
  • Healing Kiss: Touch the target to heal it entirely. This interaction is also contagious, meaning that the target can in turn kiss other succubi to heal them.
  • Resurrect a succubus: Target a succubus corpse to bring it back to life and fully healed.

At the same time, I converted the readme into html, that should be more convenient to use now.

Abyssal Gravity (minor): Slam the target to the ground, causing wounds, stuns and sometimes death.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Windows build
Standalone patch
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 02:43:37 pm by Boltgun »

Jed De Lagged

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 22, 2018, 07:34:25 am »

Hey Boltgun, thanks for making this mod!

I like to play with Meph 32x tileset, but your How To readme was blank in 16.0! I think I figured it out for 16.0, but for 16.1, it broke magma wells. I've noticed the readme is gone in 16.1...

Are you able let me know how to play with Meph 32x tileset?

Garfink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 22, 2018, 09:14:00 am »

I am smelling a new masterwork DF version coming soon with all these race updates... <drools>

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 22, 2018, 09:26:34 am »

Hey Boltgun, thanks for making this mod!

I like to play with Meph 32x tileset, but your How To readme was blank in 16.0! I think I figured it out for 16.0, but for 16.1, it broke magma wells. I've noticed the readme is gone in 16.1...

Are you able let me know how to play with Meph 32x tileset?

There should be a readme in html format now. How did the magma wells broke? It generated no magma or something weird happened?

The best way to play it with meph tileset:
  • Get the patch version
  • Unzip it and remove the data folder.
  • Move the other folders into the MDF's Dwarf Fortress folder, the one with Dwarf Fortress.exe. Say yes if it ask to overwrite files.
  • (if you want new graphics) In the extra/Graphic Sets folder, check the mdf subfolder. Move its content into the raw/graphics folder, overwrite the text file.

I am smelling a new masterwork DF version coming soon with all these race updates... <drools>

It depends on Meph. His tileset bundles with a few mods so it's almost masterwork.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:29:01 am by Boltgun »

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 09, 2018, 06:13:56 am »

My LNP came with 44.10. Should I expect everything to melt down horribly if I dropped the latest succubus mod on it?

edit: Nevermind, I just picked the pre-installed 44.09 version.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:33:52 am by rex mortis »
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42