Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 224437 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04-50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 18.0-alpha - Road to anniversary
« Reply #600 on: January 25, 2023, 04:48:38 pm »

Got started on the graphics. The workshops are quite a hill, but it's a good place to experiment what ambiance we want.

Here's the magma well. The succubi work on the pentagram at the bottom. I'm not totally satisfied with the pipes but it's a miracle I managed to coerce Gimp into doing what I wanted. At lease it should make it obvious where you need to channel before using it.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 04:50:34 pm by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04-50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 18.0-alpha2 - Road to anniversary
« Reply #601 on: January 29, 2023, 04:45:49 pm »

New alpha with the first succubus/incubus sprites ! -> https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16387

If you have installed the previous alpha, delete the mods/succubus_dungeon and the data/installed_mods/succubus_dungeon (1800) before installing. You'll have to create a new world as well.

The sprite has been made with Jacko's Creatures Graphic Extended as a base, which you can get here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2903486617
Jacko's set is not only a direct upgrade, but set a good standard to what race graphics should be. Plus using 1x2 sprites for heads is a good idea. The sprite is still incomplete, and the wings are fugly, but the hardest part is done. I should have variations in face and skin color soonish.

Oh and content warning, there is nudity. I'm on the fence about censoring two pixels out of the sprites before sending to Steam.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 29, 2023, 07:32:30 pm »

Glorious!  I mostly know Succubus Dungeon as invaders from the old Masterwork, but I'm looking forward to making a proper Fortress with these ladies.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 01, 2023, 03:30:32 am »

If you have installed the previous alpha, delete the mods/succubus_dungeon and the data/installed_mods/succubus_dungeon (1800) before installing. You'll have to create a new world as well.

The sprite has been made with Jacko's Creatures Graphic Extended as a base, which you can get here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2903486617
Jacko's set is not only a direct upgrade, but set a good standard to what race graphics should be. Plus using 1x2 sprites for heads is a good idea. The sprite is still incomplete, and the wings are fugly, but the hardest part is done. I should have variations in face and skin color soonish.

Oh and content warning, there is nudity. I'm on the fence about censoring two pixels out of the sprites before sending to Steam.

Given a lack of nudity in the basegame with tasteful modesty preserving body fittings attached to base-sprite, I imagine it might contrast quite a bit. Those graphics are pretty cool, I do like the obviously centricity of the work area being illustrated working into the design.

Also in steam edition, going through steam first then uploading the DFFD as a backup is generally a good game loop to try on account of being able to update the steam version on steam in real time and have it auto load when it detects a new version. Only thing i really have left remaining to ask, is what's the conceptual ideal load order for this mod's dependencies in the new modding configuration?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 01, 2023, 01:36:23 pm »

Given a lack of nudity in the basegame with tasteful modesty preserving body fittings attached to base-sprite, I imagine it might contrast quite a bit. Those graphics are pretty cool, I do like the obviously centricity of the work area being illustrated working into the design.
I'll align myself with Jacko's CGE which is a good middle ground. From there, you will be in control. I'm currently adding a more modest choice with short pants which combine with their corsets as a default attire.

Also in steam edition, going through steam first then uploading the DFFD as a backup is generally a good game loop to try on account of being able to update the steam version on steam in real time and have it auto load when it detects a new version. Only thing i really have left remaining to ask, is what's the conceptual ideal load order for this mod's dependencies in the new modding configuration?

I made an effort to avoid dependencies. So the mod can be anywhere in the load order after all of vanilla. I recommend installing Creature Graphics Extended for an uniform look but this remains optional.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04-50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 18.0-alpha3 - Road to anniversary
« Reply #605 on: February 05, 2023, 03:50:45 pm »

Alpha update ! -> https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16387

I'll repeat myself to avoid issues: If you have installed the previous alpha, delete the mods/succubus_dungeon and the data/installed_mods/succubus_dungeon (1800) before installing.
You'll have to create a new world as well as your current saves will fail to load.

Children have their own sprites! I also ensured that everything have at least a placeholder graphic so no more invisible items laying around. This is now a "vertical slice" with all the groundwork and all that remain to be ready for Steam is to expand.

Building wise, the float glass got its graphics and new reactions to create portals and hatch covers. The crematorium, however, has been removed because this mod does the same thing, but better. If you install it, you will have access to it directly playing a succubus entity. I might add compatibility to other mods in the future as long as their absence does not cause issues.

Outside of graphics, I had to do the unthinkable: I gave the succubi pants. The arsenal has been rebalanced. You can now make greaves, morning stars and mauls. Dwarves and goblins receive tokens to interact with you. But be careful, I got dwarves on my first year so the old "Succubi get attacked right away" feature is back in motion.

That said, I am unhappy with how the float glass furnace look. But I'll have to keep it that way for now. The priority is to give them all buildings their graphics before a second sweep. On the other hand, children sprite are neat because not even in vanilla you get any.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 04:37:58 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04-50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 18.0-alpha4 - Road to anniversary
« Reply #606 on: February 15, 2023, 06:06:30 pm »

Alpha update #4 ! -> https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16387

Same warning goes as above, delete the mods/succubus_dungeon and the data/installed_mods/succubus_dungeon (1800) before updating.
Finish your business with your current world. I removed an item so it's sure to break.

I'm looking for an iteration per week. It's a good way to stay motivated.

More placeholders has been replaced with proper sprites.
- Orthus, Nahash and Nightmares
- The underworld drill, get some slade
- All items: weapons, clothing, toys, etc. Fot their icons.
- Traps and upright pitchforks.

Armor has been updated
- Lower and upper bodysuits has been merged into one item.
- Bodysuits are now worn under the armor in addition to a corset, mail shirt and breastplate (if you can get one).

Other stuff
- Dwarves will stop attacking you right away and instead act as a late game threat. Getting steel clad invaders first year was hardcore.
- Goblins should start visiting, maybe? This need more testing.
- You can get Nightwings as pets, because why not! Like frog demons they can work in your fort. They have been made fire immune too, to avoid headaches micromanaging them.
- Succubi now skip the baby stage and are directly born as children. We cannot make sprite for babies so that's the second best option.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 05:37:07 am by Boltgun »

Artwr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 21, 2023, 07:17:49 am »

I downloaded and made a quickfort yesterday, planning to make some obsidian goods out of the river.
I made a wooden palisade and a wooden pump, and built the well above it.
I failed in controling the well (sorry If I am too stupid to understand/find instructions). It generates magma and upon deconstruction and it flows everywhere. I cannot channel under it, as it needs all 9 floors to be built.
Next session, on this fort, I will use grates and walls, so when deconstructing claudron and block do not fall into the future obsidian pool.
On a new fort, I will also try bringing nightwings and other demons.
I really love this mod, by the way. Thanks for your work!
Edit: Sentient Nightwings tend to fly and get stuck temporarily into trees. They tend to leave there items they were hauling.
Edit: Goblins did came to trade, no wagon, a ton of leather (no bins), meat fish and cheese. No cloth, no stone, no metal, no wood.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 10:04:28 pm by Artwr »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 01, 2023, 05:22:41 am »

Glad you like it. There might be confusion between how the magma well used to work with dfhack and this iteration and I'll rephrase its description.

You used it the right way, if you channel next to it (not under it), the magma will go in this direction. And yes I had a succubus drown after deconstructing the well, iron floor bars are your best friend.

I plan to add a graphic aid to the Steam page upon release to explain it.

Nightwings need more testing, flying sentient tend to be annoying and we need to judge how it can be improved. Perhaps giving them a natural climbing skill will help.

Goblins come and go every seasons and their inventory tend to be poor. It's still a way to get rid of unwanted items for leather and food. You can also buy their metal items for melting, unless they come from an extra poor civ. Maybe upgrading them to have wagons will make bring more stuff?

By the way I made a few tests with temperature and found a setting that does not rely on fixed temp. This means succubi will be vulnerable to dragon fire but without the old burning blood bug. It's not a big deal because dragon attacks are rare but I wanted these to be a threat. It might also bring FUN situations because they now accumulate heat when dipped into magma. If they walk away from a pool into vegetation, you'll get a fire.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 05:28:11 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 10, 2023, 08:40:00 am »

New update -> https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16387

Never hurt to repeat : delete the mods/succubus_dungeon and the data/installed_mods/succubus_dungeon (1800) before updating.
You should not need a new world, but there might be some wonky effect like succubi turning into flamethrowers.

Anyway, it's a big update because all the creature sprites are here, as well as the one added crop (black rose) and the last workshop. Besides a few icons, everything have their graphics.

From there all that remains is some clothing colors and giving variations to the succubi. It's the last line before steam release.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04-50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 18.0-beta - Road to anniversary
« Reply #610 on: March 15, 2023, 07:10:50 am »

Here's a little preview of skin and horns variations. I'm not fully satisfied for the color palettes but that'll do for a first release.

Horns sprites match their shape and length description. They grow over time so you can distinguish older succubi that way. This is how they look at ~200 years.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 07:24:12 am by Boltgun »

King Louis XIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 17, 2023, 07:25:13 pm »

Having come back to this after years ago, this is looking awesome! Loving the latest variations on the succubi. Can't wait to load them up into the next version!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 18, 2023, 11:48:45 am »

Thanks. The update is almost ready for Steam all it need is a ghost sprite and some nice pictures to put on the Steam page.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04-50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 18.0-RC1 - Getting there
« Reply #613 on: March 18, 2023, 07:58:35 pm »

Release candidate ! -> https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16387

Everything is ready for Steam. All that remains is to run a test fort to see if there is bugs. So unless we bump into the temperature bug again, it should be in the workshop in a few days.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 18.1 Steam Release - Ten year anniversary
« Reply #614 on: March 22, 2023, 07:38:43 am »

So this thread has been created on 21 March 2013, 09:05:22. Ten year and one day later, the mod is on Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2950544248
If you play on classic there is a version without graphics here : https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7492
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42