Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MOD] Genesis Reborn 5.21 + Warmist's ADVFORT = Ultimate Adventure Fortress  (Read 4524 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Greetings!

I thought that some people who play adventure mode only do not frequent Modding forums, and decided to post this ad-thread.

For the fortress mode, I consider Masterwork to be the most feature-complete mod (it strives for variety, trying to allow you to control multiple races, taking stuff from all existing mods etc), definitely check it out. But it's balanced/tested/set up for fortress mode only, because that's what Meph plays. I am not actually a "the more the merrier" type of modder, but Meph has done an amazing job nonetheless!

However the latest updates of my Genesis Reborn mod were heavily weighted towards adventure mode. I have many new megabeasts, multiple vampire and necromancer types, all you can learn/become. I've overhauled werebeasts. There're many races you can quest for or kill. The wounding system is reworked, fights are more lethal now and fire/magma melts not just fat but your whole body. There're different classes with abilities you can play as (barbarian/vagabond/necromancer/druid/wizard) if you want some RPG fun.

There's more to come, with magical items, rings, amulets etc, stay tuned.

The latest addition was the awesome Warmist's Advfort utility. I fine tuned other crafting options and stuff here and there, and with Companion Order which I have you can basically run your own fort/camp in adventure mode.

You can mine, chop trees, buid, create workshops, fish, train animals, farm and do much more.

There's a manual which you can use to understand how to do all the stuff and more: >>>> Download "DF Genesis 5.21 Manual" <<<<

The mod thread:

Please come and enjoy if you want :).

While the main mod thread stays on topic of the whole mod which started as a Fortress Mode-centered mod, I want all you adventure mode lovers to leave feedback here and tell me what you want, maybe we can make it even better for adventure mode together.

Oh, and I always accept creature, spell and megabeast suggestions. If they are not totally stupid within the lore, I can make them all!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:39:40 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jimbobq11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon I want to hug you for longer than you are probably comfortable with.
Its not what your country can do for you, its what your country can steal from other countries! -Some dude

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Just you wait when Warmist releases a version which supports customization! Then I will release a mod with adventurer-specific workshops and buildings!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Just you wait when Warmist releases a version which supports customization! Then I will release a mod with adventurer-specific workshops and buildings!
uhh I think we should wait for when we can get advfort that doesn't bug out on building custom workshops first before we get into specific workshops and buildings.
so far I notice it doesn't build any workshops that doesn't have a building item tie to it. doing so causes a dfhack error asking for said item.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It does not bug out for me, Rumrusher. And Warmist is really awesome. I will start working on race-specific workshops this moment. It will work with his latest version, and even if he "fixed" it, it will be just a few init tweaks to make my mod to run with a new version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

It does not bug out for me, Rumrusher. And Warmist is really awesome. I will start working on race-specific workshops this moment. It will work with his latest version, and even if he "fixed" it, it will be just a few init tweaks to make my mod to run with a new version.
There's a current bug on custom workshops that prevents the shop to designate due to it's expecting a building item when there no building item needed to build it.
and warmist just told me that he has to go into the Dll to fix that error. other than that workshops currently are race specific if you think about how they are bound to infect certain races.
so playing a human adventurer and building a gnome golem craft station you won't inhale the fumes, though this means as a human you could build any syndrome spewing as a hazard and survive.
though there lest likely stuff hidden off by syndromes in the current mods so this isn't a huge exploit.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Nah, I don't want adventurers to be able to build or even designate some buildings which make no sense. I will release the first version soon.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 08:39:54 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Sergei_Andropov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

God, this looks glorious. I loved adventure mode Genesis during my last Dwarf Fortress phase, and now it looks even better.

I last played before you implemented classes (and I can't download the new version at the moment because I'm out in the sticks), but I remember having a very hard time getting access to any magic other than necromancy. Would it be possible to have some sort of custom workshop that lets you craft tomes with custom spells? I'm thinking something like if you bring in a forgotten beast heart or HFS toenail or something, then you can start up the reaction, select the type of spell, range, etc., and it will process your grisly goody into a tome. It would probably be rather difficult, I know, but if we only did things that were easy, we wouldn't be here.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Just you wait when I finally get to Itemsyndrome script. Then you will have tomes which give you spells, hats which make you invisible, boots which make you fast et cetera.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬