Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: That thread again (girl related of course)  (Read 2587 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That thread again (girl related of course)
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 07:36:18 am »

Let her know you're open to taking it casually and just seeing how things work out between you. Plenty of time to get real serious about it if things go well.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2013, 05:15:06 pm »

God-fucking damn it, after that conversation I am now about 99% sure it was A.

Sometimes life sucks.  Oh-well I guess.   :-\
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 06:19:37 pm »

Sorry, man =(  That sucks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 08:13:58 pm »

The specific wording seldom matters . There's a "YES", and everything else distinctly means "NO". For whatever reason, she doesn't like you. That sucks, I (and likely rest of the forum) feel sympathy for you. The best thing you can do for yourself is find someone else, because even if you do have a friendship going forward, it is going to be empty and probably not very productive.

This is a lesson very difficult for many people to learn. At the end of the day - you are always better off dating someone who actually WANTS to date you.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 01:24:34 am »

Oh well, at least you know where you stand now. Better than wasting a week or two chasing a girl that's not into you.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Doohl

• Bay Watcher
  • [OMNIPOTENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 02:33:37 pm »

If this thread has taught anyone anything, it's that people are complicated. I mean, god damn.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 04:58:11 pm »

It doesn't get any better as you get older. I had basically the same scenario over the last month, only in somewhat inverted order: wound up spending the night on the 2nd date. So, mission accomplished if that's all I was after, which it wasn't. We got along well. REALLY well. Had some very good conversations as well, and I was thinking this might be a long-term thing.

Kept offering to buy dinner on the weekend for the next 3 weeks. Kept getting initally positive responses, followed by some random excuse on the actual day of why she wasn't free. This past Friday, I texted her that I was going to be working for the next two weeks solid and would really like to see her on my one day off, maybe dinner and a movie. She said she'd like that.

Got done with some stuff early Saturday afternoon, texted her...no response. Finally about 2 hours later I get back, "Sorry, just got out of a movie with my sister. We're going to go eat now."

Seriously? I said I wanted to buy you dinner and a movie, so you go off and do dinner and a movie?  ???

Then she was busy all evening with family. Okay, no problem.

Texted her on Sunday after work. Dinner? Of course, she had just eaten. Care for some company this evening? "actually just gonna go home and go to bed" (this is around 5:45pm, and she doesn't work till 2pm the next day).

Right...enough time wasted and enough "schmuck" written on my forehead. Moving on.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 03:25:35 am »

Maybe I'm weird but I just take everything at face value, and if I have suspicions about anything I'll ask them bluntly. Worked pretty well so far; giving the benefit of the doubt avoids drama inducing and possibly wrong assumptions about their intentions, and asking for a straight answer has always gotten me one.

As a side note, those who try to "let people off easy" are horrible assholes who have no idea what they're doing to people. Clear rejections are far, far easier on the other person than stringing them along and getting their hopes up.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 03:07:08 pm »

Good luck and use the popcorn move.   When watching a movie put your hand in the bowl at the same time - easy way to break out of the friend zone

The "popcorn move" signifies something else, how I learnt it. It meant poking a hole in the bottom of the bag and unzipping your pants, and, well... it does indeed break you out of the friend zone!
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 07:37:29 am »

Good luck and use the popcorn move.   When watching a movie put your hand in the bowl at the same time - easy way to break out of the friend zone

The "popcorn move" signifies something else, how I learnt it. It meant poking a hole in the bottom of the bag and unzipping your pants, and, well... it does indeed break you out of the friend zone!

Wouldn't the salt get on his/her crotch and itch like hell? Would be one hell of a memorable experience :P
Pages: 1 [2]