Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A bad place.  (Read 2301 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: A bad place.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 03:48:12 pm »

My head is in a really bad place right now and it's hard to shake out of. I'm not looking for pity or even necessarily emotional support from this little slice of the internet, but i'm wondering.
I'm sure many of you have before reached a point in your life where it's hard not to feel like you are broken. How do you cope? What is your own way of making things seem just a little bit better for yourself, how do you deal with life while it's kicking you?

Honestly? I feel broken constantly, and I've just given up on the Depression, and ignore it the best I can. Then again, I actually do have a metal illness that is the cause of that, so.... (Clinical Depression.)

I've struggled with depression quite a bit for half of my entire life. For a while i went between drugs and psychologists quite a bit. I have broken out of it in the past, so i know depression is possible to live with and even work through. The thing to avoid is defeatism i think, you can't let your disease win out. Everything else you can recover from, but as soon as you feel like your disease has won... it's a lot harder to recover from.
Pages: 1 [2]