Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampires in keeps  (Read 507 times)

Diomedes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampires in keeps
« on: March 22, 2013, 04:30:03 pm »

I have to kill several vampires that are said to be located in the keep.

I have killed vampires in keeps before, either inside the keep or in the dungeon below(I think those were vampires). But I always are left with targets that are supposed to be in the keep, but I can't find them. I am sure I explored all the areas.

One thing I notice is that for the first vampire in the keep the child in the keep says I should look in the keep to the southeast. But for the other vampire in the same town 'the keep to the west'.

I have tried to accuse every person in the top layers of the keep because I noticed not all vampires have human hair items. Also, sometimes npc's with human hair items aren't vampires. And in keeps almost all npc's are flashing.

So I can't figure it out. I tried some bandit camp quests instead but there I get killed by archers rather quickly.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires in keeps
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 04:32:06 pm »

try the troops.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

HandofCreation0

• Bay Watcher
  • 3D Artist and Ca Calne Fan
    • View Profile
    • HandofCreation0's DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 04:34:28 pm »

Look for any unit who's letter is flashing. That's the vampire your looking for.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress! Please take a number; the Forgotten Beast will be with you shortly!

Diomedes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 04:43:26 pm »

Ok I just figured out you can climb the towers all the way to the top and some have people on the top level. Seems I found one vampire there. But not the other. Going to assume this keep is bugged.

The one where I had 8 I couldn't find was an older game.

Let's see if I can find any out of 6 in the sewers...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:54:49 pm by Diomedes »