Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Girl, what do?  (Read 37829 times)

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
Re: Girl, what do?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 10:11:09 am »

From my experience (well, French girls are supposed to be special, but...), if I give my number to a guy , I want him to call me. I think there are two (or three [or four]) options :

- WHETHER the first call wasn't as she expected, she was bored, and then she doesn't want you to call her back anymore. It's just that you weren't what she supposed. Sometimes people in private are very different from what we expected before.
- OR she was quite angry when you called her, because she was ....(anything that can make a girl angry, or bothered, or anything). Perhaps then you should just wait one month or 2, and call her before dinner someday, when you feel it. For some girls it's perfectly normal and she could even blame you to your father in 2 months that you DON'T call her.
If what you told us is true, she didn't told your father that the fact that you call her is a problem, but only the "too much" part. I don't think it means that "I don't want you to call me anymore".

If it was me, i could have told myself "well, I don't really want him to call me EVERYTIME I have a problem" and she feared you could become invasive.

- Perhaps it's just you misunderstood : she didn't tell this to your father, or your father didn't understand well. In my opinion, and if it's really a girl with whom you work, you should just talk to her. If it's just a misunderstanding, it will be fine. And if it's not, she will probably tell you.

- The last explanation is that you didn't really told us everything. Did you send her a lot of messages or emails, for example ?

Ps : Alice is a lovely name. Good choice :)

No, she said to my dad "He calls me too much." Not much of a way to interpret that...

I actualy don't have a cell-phone, so I can't text her (For the messages) and I rarely send emails to anyone, even my family. So... No.
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 10:41:16 am »

Well, then...you should speak to her.

Or not.

Depends on if you work a lot with her, or if you are quite close or not, or you really like her or not. If you're not in the three cases, just dump her. (Use the "D" button, and then use a atom smasher to make her disapear !). In any other speaking to her will be a lot easier for the future than not doing it.
Then you will really figure out if she is crazy, or just if she wasn't in the mood at that time...

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 03:24:21 pm »

Maybe someone posing as you has been frequently calling her.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 07:07:05 pm »

Forget it, stop analyzing, move on.

If she really liked you, she would make time for you, and would contact you without you having to contact her. It really is that easy.

(I am going to stop making long posts in this forum subsection, because I sincerely believe the majority of the topics are made by trolls)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:10:16 pm by Mullet Master »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 07:23:43 pm »

Yes, all girls are crazy. And don't think turning gay will help, the guys are crazy too!

Hey, dude. Don't cockblock me. He doesn't need to know that!

Your sigtext suddenly becomes vaguely disturbing to me.

Heh. XD

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 08:12:38 pm »

If she really liked you, she would make time for you, and would contact you without you having to contact her. It really is that easy.
Objection. This does not apply to everyone, and maybe not even a majority. Things are not so simple.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 09:04:06 pm »

Objection. This does not apply to everyone, and maybe not even a majority. Things are not so simple.

Eh, everyone has their own experiences. But chasing after the perpetually unavailable will always lead to nothing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 10:00:02 pm »

It's called "the average woman chasing after the stereotypical man."  You don't become a breadwinner by virtue of having a lot of time.  I would posit that chasing after the perpetually unavailable is, for many people, just the way things is.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 10:46:43 pm »

It's called "the average woman chasing after the stereotypical man."  You don't become a breadwinner by virtue of having a lot of time.  I would posit that chasing after the perpetually unavailable is, for many people, just the way things is.
See Wile. E. Coyote.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2013, 02:25:34 am »

Actually, it's true though. There are some special women out there that need some more time to invest in, but it's still a "give and get"-thing. I never understood why men are bound to make their effort to win a girl. The girl also has to do something besides playing "hard to get". Besides, girls are usually more interested in guys that are a challenge to overcome.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:27:58 am by 0cu »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2013, 02:45:33 am »

Speaking from personal experience, no, I'm not looking for a challenge--but neediness isn't really attractive.  There's a space between "challenge" and "millstone."

Love is not a business transaction.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2013, 02:58:28 am »

Love is not a business transaction.
Well fuck, wish you had of told me sooner... There goes my retirement fund.
I guess that only leaves war for me to profiteer from.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 03:01:57 am »

I'm not stereotypical, but I would not make any effort to "win" somebody. Either you feel the boy, or you won't make any effort at all.
(Anyway my experience of "pretty and weird" label is double-sided, because you won't be accepted by both "type" of population. )

And I agree, seduction it's not a one-side experience. Men are SOOOOOO stereotypical when it's about seduction. They see EVERYTHING as an investment , a challenge. When it's well done, you can accept the lie for the pleasure of the gesture, but when it's badly done, it's too...well...apparent. And it's so...pathetic.

For most of the men friendship with girl = possibility to fuck her. Or, it's time "lost". It is a so poor vision. As if women were just objects.

@0cu : every human interaction is a "give and get" thing. Sometimes, it's not always sexual, but most of the time it's give and get. Even if it's

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2013, 10:46:41 am »

Men are SOOOOOO stereotypical when it's about seduction. They see EVERYTHING as an investment , a challenge. When it's well done, you can accept the lie for the pleasure of the gesture, but when it's badly done, it's too...well...apparent. And it's so...pathetic.

For most of the men friendship with girl = possibility to fuck her. Or, it's time "lost". It is a so poor vision. As if women were just objects.

I'm offended by ...  For most of my life I've preferred girls to guys as friends, due to the fact that the girls I've known were -always- nice to me, and never bullied me because of the various mental issues that I suffer from. Even the girl that asked me to go to prom with her, I only saw as a friend, and wanted nothing more than to be a friend.

I think you need to take a long look in the mirror and think about your sexism.
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 10:52:02 am »

I'm not stereotypical, but I would not make any effort to "win" somebody. Either you feel the boy, or you won't make any effort at all.
(Anyway my experience of "pretty and weird" label is double-sided, because you won't be accepted by both "type" of population. )

And I agree, seduction it's not a one-side experience. Men are SOOOOOO stereotypical when it's about seduction. They see EVERYTHING as an investment , a challenge. When it's well done, you can accept the lie for the pleasure of the gesture, but when it's badly done, it's too...well...apparent. And it's so...pathetic.

Well, that's sexist as hell.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6