Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Girl, what do?  (Read 39063 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Girl, what do?
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2013, 09:02:56 am »

Don't listen to him guys, women can smell your fear and their nails are razor sharp.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2013, 09:56:37 am »

Well, speaking for me but...everytime I'm not myself at a "date" or a "first meeting" (and even if it "succeeds" and even if it's only for friendship), the relation will not be very successful. And will eventually and generally be a failure because both of us won't know exactly what we expect of the other.

Now, I try to be more myself (and as told before, it's not easy sometimes, especially when the other REALLY pleases me). At least, even if it's not good, we both will know it very quickly (and can even laugh at it) and I won't feel depressed some days/weeks after when too much engaged or if I feel stuck because I don't know how to tell that I don't want to go further.

And, well, I don't know, but I feel that some prefer this way (but others hate it). Sincerity and frankness.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2013, 02:16:28 pm »

Don't listen to him guys, women can smell your fear and their nails are razor sharp.

Excuse me >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2013, 02:23:56 pm »

Just do what I do: Bottle it all up and become an embittered wreck.

I think you just won the Life Advice subforum. :P

It's old, but this is very pleasing to me.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2013, 02:26:48 pm »

Well. This thread has gotten... Interesting.
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2013, 02:42:06 pm »

for the original post:
why do you care so much if its a girl you just met for such a short time? if thinks go wrong in a weird way this early i'd just run away, cutting her off completely if need be.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2013, 12:31:06 am »

Because feelings are generally stupid and irrational. Your brain is like get over it, but your heart is like NEVER, and the rest of you just wants those two to get their shit together.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 12:38:03 am »

Because feelings are generally stupid and irrational. Your brain is like get over it, but your heart brain is like NEVER, and the rest of you just wants those two to get their shit together.

Scumbag brain.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2013, 02:14:29 am »

Excuse me >_>
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2013, 02:43:26 am »

Hehe, I was thinking more Steve Martin, but okay.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2013, 03:18:44 am »

Interestingly enough, people actually *can* smell fear. I read about this study where a group of people was watching movies with cotton tufts in their armpits. One group was watching a horror, and the other a comedy. Then a third group smelled the sweaty cotton, and they guessed with a reasonable degree of accuracy which ones came from people that watched the horror.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2013, 03:25:26 am »

Interestingly enough, people actually *can* smell fear. I read about this study where a group of people was watching movies with cotton tufts in their armpits. One group was watching a horror, and the other a comedy. Then a third group smelled the sweaty cotton, and they guessed with a reasonable degree of accuracy which ones came from people that watched the horror.

That just means people can smell sweat.  We already knew this.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2013, 03:29:02 am »

Presumably the control group was sweating too.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2013, 01:24:41 pm »

I'd imagine the horror film people sweated more.  Assuming the movie was actually scary.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2013, 12:49:47 pm »

Well! I've got a bit of an update for all you good people. This just happened about 50 minutes ago, so if you can't tell, I'm slightly enraged.

Like I said, I work with Alice. We both work part time, and have to clean a furniture store with two acres of floor space in four hours. It can be pretty god-damn brutal, especially when Raymore & Flanigan (The furniture store I clean) is having some kinda massive holiday sale all week, and today just happens to be the last day that they have these massive low prices, so they want the place to be spotless. Anyway, for two and a half hours I'm mopping, vacuuming, and sweeping the floors. (9:00 AM to 11:30 AM), and I go to find Alice so I can let her know I'm going to run next door to the McWretched's to grab a double McWretched burger. I find her in the break room, where she has apparently been for half an hour after she dusted for two hours, playing a game on her phone.

I get back at 12:00, and when I look around for her, I'm shocked to see that the Bathrooms are still filthy, and the break room looks just as disgusting as it did when I left. In fact, she hadn't moved from her spot, she was still goofing off on her phone for an hour now. I sigh, and get back to work for the Last hour, continuing to mop, sweep, and vacuum the floors, as well as doing the trash. I go to punch out, and guess what? She's still there, goofing around, talking to this dude from the warehouse, while I've been doing all the god-damn work that is obvious to the casual observer. *sigh* Anyway, I went to the floor manager and let her know what was going on, since I'm not going to be yelled at by my boss because the Swing Room and the bathrooms are filthy, with god only knows what stuck to the bathroom floor, and some kind of filthy food remains stuck on the Swing Room's floors and tables. Apparently she has a habit of doing this, and she is going to let my boss know about today.

I'm wondering if I should call my boss and complain as well.
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6