Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 192546 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« on: March 24, 2013, 04:40:28 am »

Welcome to the Australasian politics thread! Be nice! Respect others views! Be mature, level headed adults like I know you all are (most of you).

TOPIC BANLIST: Absolutely DO NOT raise the following topics as they are too contentious.

Gun Control

Quote from: Old OP
To go along with the other politics megathreads, why not have Australasian politics?
At the very least, it could be certainly very amusing to yap about Australian and Oceanian politics (lol Abbott lol Gillard)... so go right ahead!

So, old news, but how about that blistering speech Gillard gave Abbott on misogyny a while back?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:23:48 am by Reudh »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 04:48:31 am »

Hoo boy, here we go! Time for 'Why the world is the way it is and why you should be unhappy about it - worlds deadliest landscape edition', or WTWITWIIAWYSBUAIWDLE, which I'm pretty sure is also the name of a small outback town.

So, with voting season coming near, the question that everybody is wondering is how big a bribe will it take for somebody to accept Labor leadership...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 04:56:43 am »

Do rants about Best Korea also go in this thread or do they belong in the dozens of other Korea threads?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 04:59:00 am »

Technically Best Korea is part of Australasia, so I guess it would count, yea...
Actually that is a little scary. Australia might not have the most horrifically incompetent government for the area. We have had the Asia-Pacific crown since Bush left office!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 05:02:46 am »

To be fair, the Korean governement is quite competent. They just gota different set of priorities.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 05:55:50 am »

I just want to use the term kangaroo court before anyone else does.  I am a selfish spoilsport.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 06:59:38 am »

It's an impressive accomplishment that the Australian two party system has managed to put forth such uncharismatic and dislikable leaders on both sides of the political arena.

I find the fallout from the media regulation scandal to be amusing. So very few people know the facts of the issue. Truly an applaudable accomplishment of the Australian media industry in creating outrage against something that might actually improve the state of the country's awareness of relevant issues. However they've managed to turn a bill to prevent the Fairfax media buying up any competitors into an attack against freedom of the press. It served as a wonderful reminder why I choose to avoid consuming news through mainstream media outlets.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 08:38:52 am »

I've always thought of Australasia as just being Australia, NZ, Indonesia, PNG and Malaysia aswell as the closer pacific islands like the Aolomons and Fiji. And maybe throw in Thailand.

edit: and it is, even less than that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australasia
Magma is overrated.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 09:04:33 am »

ptw. nothing to see here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 11:31:32 am »

Are we including

I've always thought of Australasia as just being Australia, NZ, Indonesia, PNG and Malaysia aswell as the closer pacific islands like the Aolomons and Fiji. And maybe throw in Thailand.

These lot?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 12:07:49 pm »

This looks fun.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 04:34:18 am »

Yet no content.

So let me start with a question. How does Indonesia view Australia, politically?
Magma is overrated.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 04:45:43 am »

To be fair, the Korean governement is quite competent. They just gota different set of priorities.

Dont forget poor New Zealand. No not that island to the south of Australia, the one to the east :P
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 04:49:42 am »

There is an island south of Australia? Where? I don't see any triangle shaped land mass with lots of trees and mountains. Must be nothing there...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 04:56:36 am »

Posting to mock Australians.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 163