Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 193815 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #2250 on: October 15, 2018, 11:44:47 pm »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-16/morrison-regrets-senators-backing-anti-white-racism-support/1038103

So Christian Porter was saying this was the right decision yesterday, but today? Apparently the coalition always intended to vote against, Christian Porter doesn't even read the actual motions & all the helpless robots sitting seats in the senate were forced to press the wrong button against their will.

Link is 'error: page not found'.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: October 15, 2018, 11:49:34 pm »

Yeah somehow, chopped a number off copy/pasting it. Should work now

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: October 16, 2018, 03:25:41 am »

I'm reassured my country is in good hands knowing the level of thought and analysis that goes into our government's efforts to ensure our laws are properly scrutinized before they're voted upon.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: October 16, 2018, 11:16:37 am »

PTW
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: March 15, 2019, 02:19:04 am »

40 dead and over 20 seriously wounded in terror attacks on mosques in New Zealand. One of the shooters apparently took video of the shootings and released a manifesto - seem to be white supremacists. NZ was the last place I expected to have these kind of militant and armed white supremacists, but I guess that shows how little I know. Just awful.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: March 15, 2019, 02:51:21 am »

I was about to ask if you and yours were okay, Naxza. Pretty sure last I heard you were in Auckland but my memory is garbage.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: March 15, 2019, 03:14:43 am »

Last major terrorist attack here was the bombing of the Rainbow Warrior back in 1985. There was a failed plane hijacking in 2008, but that's it. What happened today is... unprecedented. I never thought anything like this would happen, or even could happen, so close to home.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: March 15, 2019, 03:41:49 am »

4 individuals apprehended, 3 in direct connection to the shooting. The main shooter was livestreaming to facebook for 15 minutes of the shooting. A vehicle was found with multiple IED's, which the terrorist never got to use.

Death toll is up to 49, expected to rise.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: March 15, 2019, 11:02:02 am »

The shooter himself (don't know about the other three arrested) is Australian and an immigrant to NZ, so, despite railing about immigration, he apparently never saw the irony in being an immigrant as well.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: March 15, 2019, 10:34:19 pm »

Isn't it a wonderful world we live in, where extremists from every spectrum of religion can come together and target the innocent just wanting to live their own lives in peace?

I'm sorry to my brothers and sisters in New Zealand for the garbage that floated over the Tasman from our continent. Please feel free to dump it back in, with some weights.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2260 on: March 15, 2019, 10:45:53 pm »

Welcome to a global state of insurgency fams
It will never end

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: March 16, 2019, 06:15:25 am »

The shooter himself (don't know about the other three arrested) is Australian and an immigrant to NZ, so, despite railing about immigration, he apparently never saw the irony in being an immigrant as well.
Yeah, and gotta love the comment from Fraser Anning saying “Does anyone still dispute the link between Muslim immigration and violence?”.

And then there's good ol' Milo Yannowimapopulist stating things to the effect of "This is what happens when you let Muslims go unprosecuted" and also "The Left did it".

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: March 16, 2019, 12:24:30 pm »

Yeah, and gotta love the comment from Fraser Anning saying “Does anyone still dispute the link between Muslim immigration and violence?”.
The link, of course, is bigoted fascists flipping their shit because "the immigrants!" and going on rampages.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: March 16, 2019, 01:07:48 pm »

The link, of course, is bigoted fascists flipping their shit because "the immigrants!" and going on rampages.
"We just can't stop killing them! When will they learn?"

Pumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: March 17, 2019, 06:25:22 am »

It's terrible. It also feels doubly....nauseating because it was one of us Aussies who went over to our pals in NZ and did this. So disgusting. I feel like the world died and got reborn into a darker image of itself after 9/11. It feels like things are slowly going downhill ever since that day.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 163