Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 194036 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #2070 on: November 16, 2017, 05:45:47 pm »

Regarding the same sex marriage vote:
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relationships/marriage/samesex-marriage-survey-why-thousands-of-votes-were-deemed-invalid/news-story/6459dc09f72545daa718dcbfe693a043

“A further 36,686 responses were unclear representing 0.2 per cent of total responses.”

That’s a lot of people who went to the trouble to post their votes only to have them not count.

“Responses were categorised as not clear if there wasn’t a clear Yes or No intention of the participant,” an ABS spokesperson told news.com.au.

“This included forms where both boxes were ticked, where there were no marks on the form (blank response) or where the question was changed to make the answer unclear.”

The ABS did not respond to questions about whether or not penis drawings played a part.

So ... basically some people didn't fill out their ballot properly and the first thing the media ask the ABS is "was it penises? it's because of dicks, right?" to which the appropriate response was to completely ignore them.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: November 18, 2017, 12:47:58 am »

New South England or New North England?
The antipodean south New England in northern New South Wales, obviously. :P
On the vote, I was pretty darn happy when it passed, pretty darn happy indeed.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 12:46:39 am by Emma »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: November 18, 2017, 08:55:14 am »

Another aussie LGBT person I know isn't happy because it was less than 100% and they want to "get" all the no-voters. People were then telling them to just chill and they only got angrier.

Grumpy people gonna grump.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: November 18, 2017, 10:06:20 am »

Which kind of "get" are we talking here?
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: November 18, 2017, 10:43:04 am »

Well the person basically said they should all be put on a rocket and fired into the sun. So ... mass execution. But was really angry about it. Basically everyone else is like "uh, but you won can't you be happy?" and they're like "not when there are people out there who hold those views".
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:45:04 am by Reelya »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: November 18, 2017, 11:33:01 am »

mass murder is not exactly the best view to hold either...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: November 18, 2017, 12:20:02 pm »

Funnily enough, the person is one of those "punch a nazi" people. And if you count eligible voters, and take the proportion of them who voted "no" the amount would be 6 million people. Which this "punch a Nazi" person called to be exterminated :/ kinda makes me think of how Nazis get started: "rounding up everyone who disagrees with me seemed like a good idea at the time".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: November 18, 2017, 06:35:21 pm »

that's such a hilariously wrong summary of how the Nazis got started that I can't help but hope you're trying to make a joke

desparate, clinging hope
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: November 18, 2017, 06:40:43 pm »

More like pointing out the irony.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 18, 2017, 06:46:12 pm »

but there is no irony if his assessment of how the Nazis got started was wrong? you can't make a parallel between two things if you're wrong about one of the things...

did you read my post or nah?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: November 19, 2017, 04:57:14 am »

I think some people just love to complain. There was some offensive shit being thrown around in the election, but nothing that made me feel too terrible or marginalised. I think having taken it to a public vote will stop a lot of conservative belly aching compared to the US high court decision.

Holy shit, somebody else on Bay12 is from New England?
Holy crap, hell yeah! New England is great! We've got 3 storey tall guitars, standing stones, Bald Knob Road and Awkward Gully, and Australia's highest city. <3

edit:
Just to bring the hilarious back, here's Katter's take on the result: https://twitter.com/InsidersABC/status/932030287818584064
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:59:38 am by Edmus »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: November 19, 2017, 05:22:03 am »

Alright so i just looked up New England. Turns out it's a place in New South Wales. Which means that not only did Wales get totally shafted in the naming procedures to the point that when they finally got a name the English named it after the part of Wales that's the most infested with Englishmen, but then they proceeded to name a place inside that state New England as an extra insult?

Poor Welshmen :(
Love, scriver~

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2082 on: November 19, 2017, 10:20:15 pm »

Holy shit others from New England yay!

Also I had a friend tell me he was worried I would go to hell for supporting this. He knows I'm bi.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: November 20, 2017, 12:08:07 am »

Also I had a friend tell me he was worried I would go to hell for supporting this. He knows I'm bi.

I had a friend who posted the whole "yay it passed" #loveislove #virtuesignalling while I knew she voted no. Disingenuous as fuck. (I might add, within her list of likes on Facebook is a page that ostensibly supports the Defense Forces of Australia, but is really just a neo-nazi page; the "Royal Australian Infidels".)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2084 on: November 20, 2017, 12:57:35 am »

I had a friend who posted the whole "yay it passed" #loveislove #virtuesignalling while I knew she voted no. Disingenuous as fuck. (I might add, within her list of likes on Facebook is a page that ostensibly supports the Defense Forces of Australia, but is really just a neo-nazi page; the "Royal Australian Infidels".)
Shits fucked, man.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 163