Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: EÄ (Lord of The Rings) [1.4]  (Read 54419 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] One Mod to Rule them All *Beta2*
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2013, 05:18:22 pm »

I've just found out that there are supposed to be nymphs, sprites and sylphs, water/earth/air lesser Ainu spirits. A great filler for good biomes.

That's what I am looking for, men! Any more creature suggestions?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 05:20:06 pm »

(Note that the sindarin and black speech languages may be pretty shit--I tried to be fairly accurate, but...)

Lack of source material?

I had some source material, but nothing as comprehensive as I'd like. I first made the file with DFLang, then went through each individual word that I could translate online.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 05:21:27 pm »

I've just found out that there are supposed to be nymphs, sprites and sylphs, water/earth/air lesser Ainu spirits. A great filler for good biomes.

That's what I am looking for, men! Any more creature suggestions?
Whatever the hell Tom Bombadil is.

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
  • Veteran Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2013, 05:27:59 pm »

One - the Balrog
 :P

MERP has a list of playable races, so I'll write that down with a brief description. I was actually looking through them to see about any dictionaries/similar. Only found Elvish so far.

Dwarf
Umli - Essentially Half-Dwarves; with Men
Noldo - The "High" Elves
Sindar - The "Grey" Elves
Silvan Elves - The "Wood" Elves
Half-Elves
Hobbits
Men - There are quite a lot of sub-races of men (Duneadain, Rohirrim, Gondorian, etc.)
Common Orc - That's what the book says
Uruk-Hai
Half-Orc
Wild Trolls
Olog-Hai - Essentially Uruk-Trolls

Probably doesn't really help that much, I'll have a look at some creatures...
Balrog, Crebain (the "crows"), Dragons, Dumbledores (giant poisonous wasps found in Hobbit tales), Fell Beasts, Flies of Mordor, Giants, Mumakil
Not much else apart from your standard fantasy creatures and some weirdly named ones I haven't heard of.

Tom is a spirit, as is Goldberry. But there is a debate over what kind of spirits. OH, can't forget Barrow-Wights!
I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2013, 05:38:26 pm »

(Note that the sindarin and black speech languages may be pretty shit--I tried to be fairly accurate, but...)

Lack of source material?

I had some source material, but nothing as comprehensive as I'd like. I first made the file with DFLang, then went through each individual word that I could translate online.

Well, you got almost every word I could think of to check right (fire, slave, ring, wraith, darkness, find, bind, rule), only two discrepancies

one : ash (you have "hoshash", which is similar, so ??? i thought maybe it was just a different form)
tower : lug (as in Lugbuurz, the Dark Tower)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:56:02 pm by smakemupagus »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2013, 05:52:30 pm »

Well, there are werewolves and vampires in Tolken, but they are more like giant wolves/man-bat things respectivly. Actually, they could make decent night creatures or semimegabeasts.

Also, on dragons: I proposed this in another Middle-earth thread, but one could use split up dragons into several monsters:

Cold Drakes were wingless and fireless, and could be stock creatures under the thrall of evil (naturaly, it would be increadably expensive for playable orcs to obtain one).

Fire-Drakes, or dragons that can simply breath fire, could be semimegabeasts. Really, there normal DF dragons, not much to change besides possibly a shrinking in size.

There's also dragons with both wings and fire, which are by far the rarest and are actualy exinct by the time of TLoTR. Presumably, they would be straight-up megabeasts that could presumably end a dwarven fortress...like Smaug. :D

Also, there are Long-Worms like Scatha, which, for the sake of expanding the creature list, could be Linnorm-like creatures who spawn occasinaly in colder biomes.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2013, 06:08:00 pm »

Me gusta.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2013, 06:40:51 pm »

Well, there are werewolves and vampires in Tolken, but they are more like giant wolves/man-bat things respectivly. Actually, they could make decent night creatures or semimegabeasts.

Also, on dragons: I proposed this in another Middle-earth thread, but one could use split up dragons into several monsters:

Cold Drakes were wingless and fireless, and could be stock creatures under the thrall of evil (naturaly, it would be increadably expensive for playable orcs to obtain one).

Fire-Drakes, or dragons that can simply breath fire, could be semimegabeasts. Really, there normal DF dragons, not much to change besides possibly a shrinking in size.

There's also dragons with both wings and fire, which are by far the rarest and are actualy exinct by the time of TLoTR. Presumably, they would be straight-up megabeasts that could presumably end a dwarven fortress...like Smaug. :D

Also, there are Long-Worms like Scatha, which, for the sake of expanding the creature list, could be Linnorm-like creatures who spawn occasinaly in colder biomes.
You forgot spark-dragons and great glow-worms which are dragon-like :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 03:54:32 am »

If you want I recently got a copy of "Concerning Hobbits" and I can .ogg it for you Deon. That is, if your not already got some music planned.
I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2013, 11:33:31 am »

I've replaced blowguns with spell staves. Which can shoot magical missiles which explode, summon web or smoke. Also added an armored robe and plated hood, so you can now be a battle wizard (because you need armor as wizard in DF; if real Gandalf was in DF in his clothes, he would get foot injury and would have to crawl around through the whole movie).

I plan to make ability to get free "starter sets" for adventure mode. It's already brutal, so you will be able to summon a "battle mage set", or "woodsman set", or "warrior set" etc. It may be cheap, but it would remove the tedious part of gathering items (they will be still normal quality and from iron, so you will have to look for replacement)

It will also allow you to play as anything (archer/swordsman/mage/summoner) rather than be limited by civ clothing and random. You could also ignore it if you want to do everything yourself.

Do you think it's an okay option?
For example, if you want to be a battle mage, you can summon copper armored robes and plated hood, and a spellstaff, but you will have to look for gems to make magical crystals for it to shoot. Et cetera.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2013, 11:47:48 am »

I like that idea - allows you to make a character according to a "class" during character creation and it takes out the tedious element of finding most of the gear specific to your "class".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2013, 12:53:20 pm »

I approve of battle wizards.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2013, 02:32:23 pm »

oh my god do those spellstaves use projectileExpansion AND itemsyndrome?

deon things like these is why I write scripts

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2013, 02:50:18 pm »

Yes, I can finally make staves which shoot magic which actually DOES something! I am really happy that you made that script, it's amazing.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2013, 03:27:58 pm »

Hmm, I should probably make rings of power smaller. Grandmaster swordsman can one-shot ringwraith:

P.S. Don't think it was too easy though. It was like here at 1:35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWTEz9cOIhs
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 03:32:00 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14