Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: EÄ (Lord of The Rings) [1.4]  (Read 54486 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: EÄ (Lord of The Rings) [1.3]
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2013, 03:40:21 am »

Oh wow, didn't notice it.

In any case, next release will have magic and poisons in the same way it's currently in Genesis/Masterwork. I just need to do some work today, and then I will release it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

michal-05

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2013, 05:35:07 am »

- Added Middle-Earth worldgen (lots of rejections, select 'p' - allow all rejections).
its CTD all time :/ If i set "end year" to 150 i can create map but i cant play on it "dwarf fortress" mode. Can you upload some pregenerated middle-earth map?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2013, 11:53:56 am »

CTD? Or just does not load?

Yeah, there are not enough mountains for dwarves to appear.

I am currently trying to make a map with less oceans. The current one is pretty detailed, but DF itself cannot make a good world with it.
Just play on Large/medium maps :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2013, 02:30:30 pm »

Its not just been moved here... its still sticky. Amazing.  :D

Because that's not disrespectful at all to the rest of the community.  People release mods all the time, but if Deon does it, he gets it glued to the front page - not for the quality of the mod, but because he can just sticky it there.  Are you starting to see why I raised such a fuss about personal sub-forums?  It leads to shit like this.

Please disregard that.  This was clearly an accident and I shouldn't have blown up over it.  I apologize.

On a constructive note, if you need any help or input for cursed or enchanted items, I've done a lot of work with itemsyndrome and would be happy to help.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:24:28 pm by narhiril »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2013, 02:21:43 am »

I did not mean to make it sticky, it was sticky originally in my subforum and I just wanted to attract some attention by moving it to releases since it was getting no feedback :D. Thanks for fixing it!

P.S. Did I miss something, which accident? Btw surprised to see you posting in my thread, Narhiril. I love your LoFR mod but you never post in my threads :'(.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:28:59 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2013, 02:46:37 am »

I did not mean to make it sticky, it was sticky originally in my subforum and I just wanted to attract some attention by moving it to releases since it was getting no feedback :D. Thanks for fixing it!

P.S. Did I miss something, which accident? Btw surprised to see you posting in my thread, Narhiril. I love your LoFR mod but you never post in my threads :'(.

Looks like I'm going to have to drop by more often, then.  ^_^

You do have a credit in LFR, by the way.  The special thanks section is kind of long and hard to comb through, but it's been in there since my first release.

To be honest, I thought you probably hated me ever since I made such an adamant case against personal sub-boards a while ago.  I want you to know that my argument was not something personal, and if it ever came off as a personal attack, I sincerely apologize.  I get to be a bit of a hot-head on occasion.  I've always admired the work you do, though, and I mean that sincerely.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:05:36 am by narhiril »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2013, 02:47:54 am »

The accident of a topic remaining stickied as it's moved to a different board :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2013, 04:57:23 am »

Well… if I were a cynic I'd say that it worked... the thread did get attention, unfortunately for the wrong reasons. ;) I posted a text with more content in the fitting thread about forum structure.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2013, 07:28:18 am »

I'm trying to gen a world atm and failing horribly. The entire select 'p' thing eludes me and the searches don't yield what I need. So may I receive step by step instructions from someone gifted of this knowledge?

jcannon98188

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2013, 12:11:03 am »

I'm trying to gen a world atm and failing horribly. The entire select 'p' thing eludes me and the searches don't yield what I need. So may I receive step by step instructions from someone gifted of this knowledge?

Apparently after a large number of rejections have gone by, you get an option to allow all rejections. I guess you just have to let the world gen run forever. That is what google tells me atleast.

edit: after 20 rejections of the middle earth map I received a pop up that let me press p to continue regardless of rejections. Was able to make my world immediately after that.

edit2: turns out, adventure mode only using the middle earth map. That sucks.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 12:30:06 am by jcannon98188 »

Geallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2013, 04:28:00 am »

Thanks, guess I just wasn't astute enough. I searched 4 different times, half being on the forums; and half on google.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2013, 06:42:37 am »

Apparently after a large number of rejections have gone by, you get an option to allow all rejections. I guess you just have to let the world gen run forever. That is what google tells me atleast.

edit: after 20 rejections of the middle earth map I received a pop up that let me press p to continue regardless of rejections. Was able to make my world immediately after that.

edit2: turns out, adventure mode only using the middle earth map. That sucks.
It's because there are no dwarves.
That's how DF worldgen works. Currently civilizations require a HUGE amount of cropland to survive. That should be well balanced in the next release (or at least after patches) when civs will be able to make "farming cities" and trade food to other cities, so every tiny settlement would not claim huge areas for farming to feed itself.

That's why (and because there's a lot of ocean on the Tolkien Middle Earth heightmap I used as a base) there sees to be not enough SOMETHING (mountains, cropland, distance between civs) to spawn civilizations properly.

I plan to avoid this issue by making my own rendition of middle earth with less ocean.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

CowThing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2013, 11:20:33 pm »

What is the Elder Sage?  Is it the medical dwarf?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2013, 12:46:30 am »

Yes, it's kinda a mix of a major and CMO. He enables healthcare and meets upset workers.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2014, 07:52:17 pm »

Just curious, but has anyone else had large clusters of platinum? Not sure if that was intended.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14