Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 32  (Read 72628 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 8
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2013, 07:30:06 pm »

Aw, no overmutations...

Update coming soonish. Probably tonight.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 9
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2013, 09:16:00 pm »

"Oh dude! WHat the fuck, man!"

Glare at them heavily and go back inside.
[6-1v1] All three police officers go nuts violently. Thankfully, only one shoots at you, [2-1v1+1] missing due to his insanity and your agility, while the others only shoot at innocent bystanders.
[5] With a shout of joy, you cause the world to seem to warp. The operative word being "seem". {Bends light}

Wave my hands around hippie style while singing.
You, um, do so. The paralegal looks less scared and more confused.
[2] Nothing happens to your body to confuse them more.

"Well... Damn. Don't know why I thought that would work." Rick sighed and grumbled a bit. "Since I'll be here a bit longer than I wish, it seems, care to shoot me a name? Name's Rick, don't believe I saw you around the office, so to speak. How'd we all end up like this, you holdin' a man in a cage like an animal, and me being the spoke 'oft man."

Rick tries to distract the technician by talking to him while he also uses his power of water manipulation to make water go into the lock and try to, gently, extract the worm from it.

"Hey, Rick. Name's Dave. I'm here to record data. Any data you think is worth recording?"
[4-1] You squish some water in the lock, loosening the worm up enough that it starts wriggling its way free. "Maybe you'd like to have an explanation for what, how, and why you are doing recorded?"
[1] This game is good at not having tense situations interrupted by mutations. Sadly.

"Stop throwing me!"
Chase after that mother fucker who keeps throwing me, I'm going to kick him and insult him a little bit.
[3] Cursing the poor person, you bang around a little before knocking over the trash can and crawling out, covered in [5] sweat an and rage. Sadly, the offending
[6] You notice a creaking soreness in your bones and that your flesh is partly translucent, revealing a blurry image of your internal organs.

jump into the fire escape, re kidnap her
(She's actually on the ground.)
You glide to the ground, grab her, and [4-1] drag her back upwards to the roof. Wow, this is tiring.
[6] Things grow gloomy and a random car crashes. {demonic; also writing gets corrupted, blades attack people, liquids taste like blood, and people get diseases}

...look for a gun.
[6-1] You find a cop, frothing at the mouth, and relieve him of his belt, including pistol and taser.
[6] Your nose shrivels up and your body hair thickens.

Odd. Go find a homeless shelter.
[1] You find a dark alley, which works as well as it did for Thomas Wayne. [5v2;6] While you get your legs broken within seconds, you stagger around and smacks one guy [2] who starts to develop a reddish spot there. Your legs are quickly reduced to mangled mush; [5] you barely remain conscious.
[6] That's a suspicious number of sixes...[3,2] Let's go with one. You make a fist, which solidifies into a weird bony club (which makes it into an effective, hand-shaped weapon). Releasing the fist makes it a hand and vise versa.

NPC Actions:
None of note that you're aware of, save those noted above.

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 9
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2013, 09:20:50 pm »

Leave the building. Carve on the front door that Joe Bridger has left the building.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2013, 09:23:43 pm »

Futz around, wondering what to do. Attempt to bend light around self and become invisible.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2013, 09:23:54 pm »

Begin performing a ritual to my god and convince the others to do it along with me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2013, 09:34:30 pm »

"I'd like recorded that I don't much appreciate being locked up. For what I'm doing, I'm lying in a cage, listening to prattling. I reckon its pretty easy to listen and speak for a spell, so the how ain't too hard. Why? Its better than sittin' in silence, that's for sure. Much less awkward, at least. If'in you are meanin' what I think you're meanin', beats me all up. I ain't got a clue what's going on, just that I was offered a chance to get mah job back if'in I agreed to do some testin'. Now I have horns on my face," Rick accented this by scratching one idly, "and from what I see made me all orange like those little guys in William Wacky, or whatever that movie's called. Nothing else of note, not that I can tell at least. Just feel kinda funny, although the feelings been dying down a tad as nothing else seems to be happening."

Rick continues trying to distract Dave by talking about various things, trying to notice or pick up anything useful from Dave's body language, and also trying to see if he can bring about that one thing by watching him for a while. He's waiting to see when the worm gets itself free, before he tries busting out.

[Man, I bet this is going to be annoying to keep track of all the mutant powers after a while, since we'll just keep getting them. If someone lives for a good while and gets a decent amount of rolls, they'll get a large laundry list of mutations. Maybe a cut off at so many, where either no more are gained, or present mutations are possibly replaced by others?]

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2013, 09:36:05 pm »

spread misery and misfortune by biting my kidnapped victim and dropping her onto an insane policeman before yelling ZOMBIES!
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2013, 09:56:01 pm »

((I was actually imagining a point where half the players were barely recognizeable as human, but sadly you seem to mostly be getting, as you so succinctly put it, "mutant powers". I need to figure SOMEthing out...))
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2013, 09:57:27 pm »

((It seems to be working for me.))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2013, 10:02:45 pm »

Attack anyone still standing with my weapon arm.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2013, 11:29:14 pm »

((I was actually imagining a point where half the players were barely recognizeable as human, but sadly you seem to mostly be getting, as you so succinctly put it, "mutant powers". I need to figure SOMEthing out...))

There's a perfectly good mutant feature table in the Metamorphica's appendix. Maybe you can roll on that?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2013, 09:31:52 pm »

Hm...I know.

1d6:
1-2:Roll 1d200
3:Roll 1d200+200
4:Roll 1d400
5:Roll 1d1,000
6:Roll on that Mutant Feature table
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 10
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2013, 08:00:38 pm »

Leave the building. Carve on the front door that Joe Bridger has left the building.
You're already outside, so you decide to carve a message on the side of the building, maybe the front door! Sadly, your falcon treats fail to cause so much as a scratch to the door you're at. As you ponder this, a security guard exits the door and says, "Good morning, Mr. Bridger. Don't you want to come inside and relax?"
[1] Before you can respond, absolutely nothing interrupts you.

Futz around, wondering what to do. Attempt to bend light around self and become invisible.
Hm. You can definitely do that, which just increases the confusion of the police officers' backup. Or you could screw with the other mutants, like the winged one who just dragged an attractive woman in.
[1] No one is mutating today.

Begin performing a ritual to my god and convince the others to do it along with me.
[4] You get the paralegal to sorta follow along. He's a good secondary chanter. You could use a second guy in the cult...
[3] ...and some more useful mutations.

"I'd like recorded that I don't much appreciate being locked up. For what I'm doing, I'm lying in a cage, listening to prattling. I reckon its pretty easy to listen and speak for a spell, so the how ain't too hard. Why? Its better than sittin' in silence, that's for sure. Much less awkward, at least. If'in you are meanin' what I think you're meanin', beats me all up. I ain't got a clue what's going on, just that I was offered a chance to get mah job back if'in I agreed to do some testin'. Now I have horns on my face," Rick accented this by scratching one idly, "and from what I see made me all orange like those little guys in William Wacky, or whatever that movie's called. Nothing else of note, not that I can tell at least. Just feel kinda funny, although the feelings been dying down a tad as nothing else seems to be happening."

Rick continues trying to distract Dave by talking about various things, trying to notice or pick up anything useful from Dave's body language, and also trying to see if he can bring about that one thing by watching him for a while. He's waiting to see when the worm gets itself free, before he tries busting out.

He seems suspicious. [1] The worm gets stuck again. Hm...
[5,1] Your left side swells, with the limbs getting about a quarter longer.

spread misery and misfortune by biting my kidnapped victim and dropping her onto an insane policeman before yelling ZOMBIES!
[2v5-2] Your victim evades you for a moment before you sink your teeth into her soft flesh. [4] Tasty. [2] You can't lift her any longer, but manage to drag her over to the policemen, shouting "ZOMBIES!" The policemen are too insane to notice, and their backup too distracted by mutants to care.
[2] No new mutations.

Attack anyone still standing with my weapon arm.
[5-2v5] He dodges out of the way. [1-1] You bleed out.
YOU ARE DEAD.

Bruce Thomson gets noticed and stuck in a cage.

NPC Actions:
Outside, more policemen arrive.
Inside, while a couple security people head towards the doors, most approach Experiment Room G...

-----

About an hour has passed. The next experiment begins.
There's Alexandra, a scientist from the team, up first and prepared to help the other scientists with the experiment. On one side of the room, the Pirate Lime guy awakes next to Thrak, while the two maniacs stir, as nearby guards make bets on which will try to kill someone first.
Alexandra knows the serum should kick in soon...

-----

Waitlisters in! Two turns without activity means character death! Check the character list! Any questions?
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 10
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2013, 08:12:17 pm »

steal policemans gun then shoot him and fly back inside.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 10
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2013, 08:21:47 pm »

Continue ritual and stuff.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35