Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 32  (Read 71041 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Turn 24: Ndeitosael
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2013, 03:58:41 pm »

[Eight? Wut?]

(d8's)

"I can't control mah changes little guy, they just 'appen and will keep 'appening till I figure out a way ta make 'em stop sadly. You're ta only creature talkin' to me, and I've been with ya since you found me." Rick tries to dispel the idea that he's been seeing another totem on the side. "Now then, lets see iffin' I can find us outta here and into some place with livin' people..."

"Alright, if you say so..."

[5-1] You find a road!

[5,5] You see an image of a strange being, like a headless, tailed humanoid made of marble with irregular, wirelike lines of silver in the “skin”, covered in armor of some strange red metal. A pair of rough, rounded wings rise out of its back, and horns out of its shoulders. Where its neck would be is a single red eye with a yellow pupil It carries a massive thing that looks like a tortoise’s shell; as you look, you see a thick, muttering snakelike head poking out of one end. As you look at it, bile fills your mouth. Behind it is some sort of strange fortress; near it is a pale snakelike creature with several heads, and a clawlike hand on its tail, surrounded with a strange buzzing; it is wearing armor of polished steel. The humanoid creature looks at you and stares; the snakelike one looks at the humanoid with a couple heads and you with another. Hello there, Rick. I--that is to say, he, the Great and Invincible Ndeitosael--have chosen you to be my voice in the world.

”What’s going on?”

For this, I will give you my gifts. Use them wisely and listen to my--that is, Ndeitosael’s--commands, and you will be rewarded.

Suddenly, the humanoid figure in the image lifts a rough hand and stretches it towards you. ”What the--what’s that?” The hand touches you, and you feel a strange coolness drifting through you, along with a paleness of flesh.

”I demand you tell me what’s going on!”

Make a deal with the nearest aetherial presence to get me into a better situation.

Lucky you!

[3] You call out with your unconscious mind, finding a pale spirit.

“Hey, can you--”

“I can do nothing. Be glad you’re alive. Hey, a demonic rift!”

[5] You watch the thing fade away as you return to your body.

[2] Which hasn’t changed since last turn.

Go kill something. Wonder why govenment agents haven't tried to capture us yet.

HINT HINT

It hasn't been three hours since the first experiment. The government's probably still trying to get confirmation that April Fool's day isn't coming really late this year.

[4-1] You locate, kill, and engulf a rat. You’re feeling pretty terrible, slithering around in this rubble. Want to go outside?

[1+2,6+1,2] Wow, that again?

-----

WOO! Now, let's see if I can't find a motel or something. Or maybe a bank without security to rob.

[2] You find nothing on the road. Try again next several miles, I guess.

[5] You feel thirsty. You glance at a nearby minivan, seeing a teenager in the back with his soda gawking at you in your raggedy remnants of clothes. You glare at him and suddenly his soda is in your hand! Victory tastes sweet. Or maybe there’s just too much sugar in this thing.

Insert amusing but lengthy dialogue

Logic:  Start digging out rubble

Passion:  Start smashing

(This is the funniest watching someone talking to himself has been in a long time.

[5/2,5] Logic digs a bit towards somewhere with less rubble. “Say, Thrak, why don’t you co--WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?”

“Smashing.”

“You’ll get us both killed!”

“No I won’t. See, I just--”

“Don’t! You’ll make the rubble collapse on us!”

“...Sounds bad.”

[5,5/2,5] Logic smacks Passion. “Of course it is, you--”

“Ow! That hurt! And a wimp like you shouldn’t get that kind of--OW!”

“Hm. My strength appears to have increased by approximately 30% past the impressive base!”

Further experimentation reveals that Logic can summon a sort of toxic, black smoke and Passion plays around, eventually giving up on discovering his almost useless power!

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)

(Understandable. Wait, source material?)

Use telepathy to avoid the police by knowing where they will search for me! Look for a more important criminal around town.

It’s more annoying than useful, [5-2;2+1] but it does help you evade capture for a few minutes.

“Alright, hold it right there. You’re wanted for questioning.”

[4] You glare at one, making eye contact. After a few seconds, the police officer breaks eye contact, evidently having noticed that some of his body is beginning to petrify!

-----

Search for an ambulance. One must have unbroken limbs before having Vengeance.

Good thinking!

[4] You crawl out of the building and locate an EMT. You’re saved!

[1] And what better way to repay them than not mutating more?

Wear watch, use money to buy some beer, get drunk and mutate.

You slip on the watch and proceed to try and find your way out. [4] You do so.

[8] A brick hits you. It doesn’t hurt as much as it should.

"Ees no woory, mister, very good. Just... how you say? Prosthetic. Very good prosthetic." With the ranger reassured by the polite and unthreateningly awkward demeanor, Mr. Normal set off in the indicated direction. Being cautious, he does not try his teleportation, instead choosing to walk... happening upon a large wormy creature. He tries to approach to get a better look without being seen.

[5] “Oh, I see. Interesting. Well, have a good day.” You wander off and [5] spy a strange wormlike creature being bleached by a rough, rocky hand.

[3] Nothing changes.

-----

NPC Actions:

The EMTs and such start searching the rubble along with other professionals and volunteers.

The serum in the 3rd experiment has changed! Perhaps it has something to do with that brief rift thing...

-----

Spoiler: Statuses (click to show/hide)

-----

Cool.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 25: Ndeitosael
« Reply #331 on: April 23, 2013, 04:06:49 pm »

Fly/slither away from here to the woods nearby.
Perform ritual.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:41:58 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 23, 2013, 04:09:18 pm »

Where am I?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 23, 2013, 04:10:45 pm »

Get treatment.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 23, 2013, 04:23:57 pm »

Quote from: GWG
Maika
Lady with long black hair and eerie violet eyes. She loves pain and making others feel "good," which might be sadism or nymphomania. Hard to tell.

More like like she has no idea that pain is a bad thing. So I guess it's more like a masochist that is an accidental sadist because she wants people to feel as great as she does. Just saying for more.... correctness. I'm gonna laugh when she either get's immortality or no longer feels pain kind of mutations.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 23, 2013, 04:25:55 pm »

[I'm amused by the fact that there are only three First Generation... Uh... Exceptionals, that's a good word for us, left. Just Rick, the old guy, and the cultist. I think I got out the best of the deal, at least in that none of Rick's mutations are actively harmful that is. He's gotten the strangest though, I believe, or at least the furthest from human.

Also, I have to ask, when they were giving him the Serum, did they take the one vial that said "Warning: May cause side effects of a weirdness magnet" or something? The stuff that's happening to him are hilarious. Also his head is still green, if that was to turn him completely white.

Also gotta know, what do you think when you roll this stuff up? The rolls are just getting weird with how they key into situations.]

Rick investigates his the weird changes in his body. "I don't rightly know myself little buddy, I'm thinkin' this fella needs mah help for somthin'. You alright in thar?" He responded to the worm, before turning towards the giant snake and statue. "Well, uh, thank'ye kindly there pal, and I'd be more than happy tah help yah out. What would I be 'elping you with though?"
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 04:27:41 pm by Xanmyral »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 23, 2013, 04:35:40 pm »

buy beer, get drunk, mutate
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 23, 2013, 05:30:57 pm »

[I'm amused by the fact that there are only three First Generation... Uh... Exceptionals, that's a good word for us, left. Just Rick, the old guy, and the cultist. I think I got out the best of the deal, at least in that none of Rick's mutations are actively harmful that is. He's gotten the strangest though, I believe, or at least the furthest from human.
Xan's pretty inhuman; he doesn't even have limbs anymore.
And you're definitely the best-off.

Also, I have to ask, when they were giving him the Serum, did they take the one vial that said "Warning: May cause side effects of a weirdness magnet" or something? The stuff that's happening to him are hilarious.
I don't think they knew enough to label them so specifically.

Also his head is still green, if that was to turn him completely white.
Good catch!

Also gotta know, what do you think when you roll this stuff up? The rolls are just getting weird with how they key into situations.]
Usually I think, "Hm. Interesting. How can I make this come out in a way that fits?"
But yeah. That mutation you rolled? Awesome.

P.S. Think I should make an entry for Inhuman Entities for things like Ndeitosael, Worm, and the like? MAybe Xan's god, too, although it hasn't shown up...yet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 23, 2013, 06:36:58 pm »

Mr. Normal continues to observe, remaining undetected.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 23, 2013, 08:44:01 pm »

"I say, I believe I could help better with a spot of ruckus.  What say you, sir?"

"Bro, what?"

"I mean engage in fisticuffs with this rubble?"

"Damn man, you speak English?"

"..."

"How about you stop talking pretty and help me dig out of here?"

"...Righto."

Both:  Dig out of the rubble with new Super Strength!

Source material meaning Thrak.  He didn't exactly sit around and watch Masterpiece Theater beforehand.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 23, 2013, 08:52:48 pm »

"I mean engage in fisticuffs with this rubble?"

Yeah! Chris Redfield style!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 23, 2013, 09:08:02 pm »

Quote from: Update
[5,5] You see an image of a strange being, like a headless, tailed humanoid made of marble with irregular, wirelike lines of silver in the “skin”, covered in armor of some strange red metal. A pair of rough, rounded wings rise out of its back, and horns out of its shoulders. Where its neck would be is a single red eye with a yellow pupil It carries a massive thing that looks like a tortoise’s shell; as you look, you see a thick, muttering snakelike head poking out of one end. As you look at it, bile fills your mouth. Behind it is some sort of strange fortress; near it is a pale snakelike creature with several heads, and a clawlike hand on its tail, surrounded with a strange buzzing; it is wearing armor of polished steel. The humanoid creature looks at you and stares; the snakelike one looks at the humanoid with a couple heads and you with another. Hello there, Rick. I--that is to say, he, the Great and Invincible Ndeitosael--have chosen you to be my voice in the world.

”What’s going on?”

For this, I will give you my gifts. Use them wisely and listen to my--that is, Ndeitosael’s--commands, and you will be rewarded.

Suddenly, the humanoid figure in the image lifts a rough hand and stretches it towards you. ”What the--what’s that?” The hand touches you, and you feel a strange coolness drifting through you, along with a paleness of flesh.

DAMMIT XANMYRAL THAT'S MY GOD
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 23, 2013, 09:53:25 pm »

”What’s going on?”

Then do it.
Sig

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 23, 2013, 10:01:22 pm »

((Woot. Now I can walk up to stores and teleport their inventories onto the nearest person's head!))

Keep driving and looking for a bank.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 23, 2013, 10:22:32 pm »

”What’s going on?”

Then do it.
Mortals having sex with gods of mutation doesn't turn out well.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35