Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Embark sites  (Read 2189 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Embark sites
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 06:44:39 pm »

!!FUN!!. It's lacking !!FUN!!.

At least tell me there are giant badgers there? Right? Even the deadly unicorn makes for good fun! Snails and pixies? Not so much.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 07:00:44 pm »

I really don't care what stuff there is on the embark, I try to make the best of any situation; I find that increases the fun of the game.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 07:30:38 pm »

i'll take any embark that is: nonevil, has metals, has trees, and is accessible to other civs

a brook or river is a plus

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 09:43:30 pm »

No trees.  No plants.  Aquifer.
I embark with the wood I need to make beds and a bucket, plus a rope and some seeds.
Everything else is made of stone.

Then I dig to the aquifer, build a well, muddy the stone for farms, and I'm set.

If I want to get fancy after that, I'll see what metals I have and build either water or magma based defenses, depending on what metals are available.  If there are no metals, obsidian short-sword weapon traps!  8)

deepdowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFMigrant]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 07:06:29 am »

!!FUN!!. It's lacking !!FUN!!.

At least tell me there are giant badgers there? Right? Even the deadly unicorn makes for good fun! Snails and pixies? Not so much.

I'm a new player so I don't embark near killer sites (yet) but...
I drown in ambushes and cyclops and giants. The special mobs meet my crossbowdwarves, the gobbos get killed or end up in cages and thrown into the volcano.
My first Miner was stupid enough to fall into the volcano in my first year, but reported adamantium deposits on his way down :D
My second miner decided to fall down my newly constructed well shaft and broke his lower spine.
I called him Urist McCrab. Everywhere I designate to mine he gets there last, but once he is there he mines like hell. He is superdwarvish agile and strong.
I had 3 ghosts, 2 of them which I didn't even notice getting killed. My baroness got super depressed after I dared to have the mayor have a SLIGHTLY greater office for 5 minutes. The rest of the year she had a 9x9 epic sleepingquarter, office and dining hall all to herself with gold and silver equipment. But the 5 minutes depressed her enough so she finally dehydrated.
"So you're staring at the Matrix while memorizing every key combination for twelve hours a day....every day?"
Pages: 1 [2]