Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just had a minotaur rip my dwarf's armor off  (Read 2634 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just had a minotaur rip my dwarf's armor off
« on: March 15, 2013, 04:55:14 am »

Is this new, or am I just now noticing it?

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just had a minotaur rip my dwarf's armor off
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 06:05:18 am »

All wrestlers can rip equipment off from their enemies.I had a ettin kill a bunch of masons building a wall using pants ripped from the first victim.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:09:52 am »

It's rare but can happen. It's a lot more likely to happen in adventurer mode when a player wants it to happen, but the AI can make it happen on a rare chance. Most memorable example of the latter: (in adv. mode) "a giant desert scorpion wrestled my axe from my hands, then killed me with my own weapon!"
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 06:22:35 am »

I was just surveying the area near the minotaur kill, and was like "what's this armor from...?"

Checked my danger room champion, and he was topless.

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 10:27:45 am »

This is one hot thread!
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

Bavette

• Bay Watcher
  • The last of the great mountain giants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 11:40:23 am »

Urist McSoldier is too sexy for his shirt, too sexy for his shirt, too sexy it hurt!
"What is a dwarf? A miserable pile of !FUN!?"

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 02:11:54 pm »

Reminds me of a fortress mode I was playing recently. Minotaur broke into my courtyard through an... oversight, on my part (ramp I thought I had deconstructed).

Cue dog leather robe torn from the first dwarf and used to murder said dwarf plus sixteen more, two dogs, and a sheep, and then go flying into my courtyard pond when the minotaur was later disarmed (literally).

I saw that thing in my pond and was like "why is there clothing in my pond. Hey, it has a kills list!?....ohhh Armok." That pond had a silent aura of menace about it for the rest of that fortress' life.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 08:58:56 pm »

A bronze collosus holding a sock once trashed my fort
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Morgorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 10:43:10 pm »

Combining this fact with my legends records on my current fort worries me.  There was one minotaur who mothered 36 others.  I'm really hoping no minotaurs do the unthinkable to my dorfs...
Quote from: Xune
Urist McFred cancels these pants: too sexy.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 03:31:20 am »

Combining this fact with my legends records on my current fort worries me.  There was one minotaur who mothered 36 others.  I'm really hoping no minotaurs do the unthinkable to my dorfs...
When I first read this, I read "smothered."

Re-reading it, I'm even more terrified.

Scorch

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 02:54:40 pm »

My experience this is that ripping clothing off of dorfs actually makes the attacking creature in question much less dangerous than if it were to continue wrestling. Every time I forget to strip all the clothing off the goblins I dump in my Labyrinth, my minotaur inevitably rips off a loincloth or something and spends absolute days beating goblins senseless with it. With little or no effect.

I've been savescumming lately trying to get the minotaur to wrestle away and use the masterwork bronze battleaxe of a naked sacrificial dwarf, but no luck yet.
...and have a fortress protected by weaponized killer trousers. No need for an army. When goblins arrive, just deploy the pants.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 04:30:30 pm »

MINOTAURS RIPPING OFF ADAMANTINE ARMOR!?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 10:10:06 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's always amusing to watch wrestlers go crazy on your enemies.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 10:28:58 am »

That's not even the best part. The AI tends to prioritize attacking with a weapon, it defines weapon as anything that's being held. So, minotaur rips off somebodies pants he now kills everyone wielding those pants as a cudgel. When the beast finally falls build a shrine to the pants and remember the many who fell to them.

Shash The Stampede

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Typhoon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 11:08:41 am »

I had a Recruit take on a couple squads of dark stranglers(Masterwork) when he ran out ahead of his unit. Didn't really think anything bad was gonna happen since he was wearing all titanium and steel armor. He cut down a couple of them at first but then one of them pulled a gauntlet off and the mauling began. All downhill after that, more armor coming off, blood shooting everywhere. Lesson learned, don't underestimate wrestlers.