Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 282528 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

That is the stuff of nightmares.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog

I kinda imagine the dwarves fighting Meta Ridley.

Seriously, made of steel.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

I like the part where it tanks a pipe full of magma. It's like a deliberate mockery of dwarf weapons.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

"HI THERE MOTHERFUCKERS I'M INVINCIBLE DIE NOW OKAY?"

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile

Esnust Buriedmines the Abyssal Echoes was a Forgotten beast. It was the only one of its kind. An great pterosaur composed of steel. It has a gaunt appearance and its eyes glow golden yellow. Beware its deadly dust! Esnust was associated with murder, blight, and caverns.

This is one a helluva of FB!

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, here is the first one of the Tundra Titan! (LOOK AT IT!!!)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

You know your monstrous experiments have gotten out of hand when your creation has a goatee.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know your monstrous experiments have gotten out of hand when your creation has a goatee.

Haha! Well, i don't have enough experience with MS paint to draw a perfect FB. But i do have enough to scare the crap out of you guys :P.

Lithare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting for easy access

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog

I like how he looks slightly annoyed.

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My take on the Panda. I still need to 1) make or get some paper wo the colorchange shows up and 2) find out if the colour changing worked out well for the "eye".

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/gunpowdertea/library/Beasts

this is modified from Hideo Komatsu's Panda, whose homepage I cannot find... so: (c) of the Panda is Hideo Komatsu, published in "Works of Hideo Komatsu", Origami Plans (2012)

E-Dit... For those interested: I grafted a strip of paper on two adjacent sides so that it has the 1/3 width of the lower head portion (get the book and look at the crease pattern). The strips meet at the point that forms the snout in the original. Thinking more about it: the grafting will ruin some of the colour changes at the head.. I guess I should also use the paper more wisely or use a second graft to 1) make it easier to free the paper and 2) have some material to create horns or somesuch with.
If you are interested (and not a beginner) in Origami, get this book, it is really great. On designing / modifying models, Robert Lang's "Origami Design Secrets" is worth reading.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 02:00:07 am by gunpowdertea »
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

Despite being distracted by .40, I managed to finish up a drawing of Vous Simplicitydells.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

So I have no drawing talent whatsoever, but I recently encountered what might be the most brutal FB possible for the game to generate, and given that it slaughtered my entire fortress, I feel like I have to share this one...

Esnust Buriedmines the Abyssal Echoes was a Forgotten beast. It was the only one of its kind. An great pterosaur composed of steel. It has a gaunt appearance and its eyes glow golden yellow. Beware its deadly dust! Esnust was associated with murder, blight, and caverns.

In a time before time, Esnust began wandering the depths of the world.

Omitted are several pages of its brutally murdering everything in and around my fortress.

Deadly dust was putting things mildly; anyone caught in it pretty much instantly rotted away to nothingness and bled out, and it was more or less immune to everything my dwarves could throw at it by virtue of it being made of steel, up to including the magma from the pump stack it breached, which subsequently flowed down into the depths of my fortress and cooked the unfortunate and smiths below feverishly working to arm the militia with adamantine weapons, reputably (according to the wiki) the only non-cheese way of harming a steel FB. It then proceeded to kill more than a hundred dwarves (including the entirety of my 40 dwarf strong militia), domestic animals, and an entire goblin ambush party without even a scratch, leaving a handful of dwarves who walled themselves into the tree farm, and a few who it just wasn't chasing for some reason.

Reading the wiki, this is pretty much a perfect storm of an FB; steel is the strongest material they can be made of, it has the "nearly instant horrific death" kind of syndrome dust, and is a flyer to boot.

THREAD NECROMANCY!
(In training this week, have some time to doodle)

This particular FB sounds an aweful lot like mecha-ridley from metroid.

I will try to do something for it... but I cant guarantee that it wont have extreme metroid bias.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

I've got an interesting beastie

GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog

A giant flying scorpion made of green gemstone.
Wow... that is horrifying.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 87