Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 282331 times)

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile

Not that horrifying.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Em, sure it is.

Huge scorpion that flies and has almost impenetrable skin, not to mention a poisonous sting? Sure, there are syndrome-inducing beasts that kill  by the dozen, yet still aren't horrifying if they're just a snowman that dies upon being hit by a fluffy wambler.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

Em, sure it is.

Huge scorpion that flies and has almost impenetrable skin, not to mention a poisonous sting? Sure, there are syndrome-inducing beasts that kill  by the dozen, yet still aren't horrifying if they're just a snowman that dies upon being hit by a fluffy wambler.
Yeah, but that involves a fluffy wambler. They're more deadly than carp, remember?

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm...difficult to find anything of a panda being anything but cute...
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Not that horrifying.

I was thinking more along the lines of what would scare you shitless if you saw it irl, not what would scare you in the game. (Though a gemstone flier is plenty dangerous.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK...doesn't look much like a panda any more...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(S?)He (It?) is really scary :p

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

I've got an interesting beastie

Edit: Forgive any and all spelling errors. I'm fixing them now.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:32:46 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Here we go!

Sorry about the awful quality and the image size. I keep forgetting the code to adjust the size.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Rúbal, Chocolate Tarantula & Brave Lizardmen
« Reply #1059 on: September 04, 2014, 02:19:18 am »

*rofl* I just got a forgotten beast, Abe Usuaril, with the description:

"An enormous three-eyed thornbill. It has large mandibles and it belches and croaks. Its eyes glow golden yellow. Its mauve taupe feathers are long and broad. Beware its poisonous sting!"

I'm having a hard time seeing http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acanthiza as intimidating *lol*

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Rúbal, Chocolate Tarantula & Brave Lizardmen
« Reply #1060 on: September 05, 2014, 04:55:36 pm »

uhh whoops sorry for the delay, gunpowdertea wins.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 20, 2014, 05:01:35 am »

next?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 20, 2014, 06:19:22 am »

"An enormous three-eyed thornbill. It has large mandibles and it belches and croaks. Its eyes glow golden yellow. Its mauve taupe feathers are long and broad. Beware its poisonous sting!"

I'm having a hard time seeing http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acanthiza as intimidating *lol*

Everything is intimidating with three glowing eyes, mandibles, a stinger, and a body size mostly seen in whales  ;)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 21, 2014, 07:14:53 am »

Everything is intimidating with three glowing eyes, mandibles, a stinger, and a body size mostly seen in whales  ;)

*chuckle* but the base creature is so cute *grin*

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 21, 2014, 06:27:25 pm »

Thought I'd toss in a link for the paint program 'Project Dogwaffle', if no-one minds.. I use it when Paint.net doesn't quite cover what I want to do..

http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/free/index.html This is the free (actually free, no timed trial, no bloodthirsty virus, etc).. Its got smudge and blur function and lots of other nifty stuff that Paint.net doesn't have.. I'm a terrible digital artist but I've made some pretty nice deep-space pictures with it.. Not sure if there aren't better free programs out there, but I got used to Dogwaffle ages ago, not to mention its called Dogwaffle ;)

Anyway, thought I'd mention it :) Great stuff going on in here :>
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 87