Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 283063 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest: Round 2!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 04:50:58 am »

All hail.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 05:56:00 am »

So people are drawing Mucousjuice now?
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 06:33:57 am »

Oh wow, DarkerDark. That is great freakin' amazing.
Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 09:40:18 am »

That's amazing, Darker Dark! I would say you have gotten even better with time! I do love how you gave the worm an austere look.

So what do you say folks, shall we draw Mucousjuice
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

or one of the aboveland beasties by Nokao:

You can use some of those if you like them.

I would say first come, first drawn - just to get this rolling.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 10:42:52 am »

The first and last that Nokao posted are not standard titans. The first is a megabeast, a frost wyrm, which I think is form masterwork (the frost wyrms in my own mod have a different description) and the last has some funky-ass description. Never seen "the giant is as tal' as the mountains it was named for, with legs the size of large trees and arms resembling slightly smaller ones" or "its sunken eyes, though showing little intelligence, reveal unrestrained hostility towards anything that may be considered food, no matter the size."

Since one is the product of masterwork, I assume the other is as well.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 11:02:10 am »

DarkerDark is the best kind of Dark.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 04:24:59 pm »

Thanks guys!

I hope this inspires people to draw some beasts! :)

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 07:29:24 pm »

The first and last that Nokao posted are not standard titans. The first is a megabeast, a frost wyrm, which I think is form masterwork (the frost wyrms in my own mod have a different description) and the last has some funky-ass description. Never seen "the giant is as tal' as the mountains it was named for, with legs the size of large trees and arms resembling slightly smaller ones" or "its sunken eyes, though showing little intelligence, reveal unrestrained hostility towards anything that may be considered food, no matter the size."

Since one is the product of masterwork, I assume the other is as well.

Yeah, I think it is kind of lame to use non vanilla fb's and such, although on the other thread it was agreed taht Demons and Titans count. Regardless I'll only draw the legit shit, sha'know?

So someone requested this in the previous thread.

Damn. My attempt is still in the rough, but yours is so definitive I don't even need to   :D.

Also, the rules of the other thread entirely failed, and it went dormant for far too long. I would propose far more freeform rules, or far more strict enforcement.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:12:06 am by k33n »

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »

All I want is for DarkerDark to draw my critter. That would make my week.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 02:11:50 am »

All I want is for DarkerDark to draw my critter. That would make my week.

Oh my, how rude of me, I didn't notice your beast due to the regular text. Edited the beast out of my post.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 09:38:00 am »

Also, the rules of the other thread entirely failed, and it went dormant for far too long. I would propose far more freeform rules, or far more strict enforcement.

I'm sure the rules will get more flexible. Suggestions?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Rocktomato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 01:04:57 pm »

One Mucousjuice, everybody!
Yeah, i'm not too great at drawing birds on Windows 7 paint.

My submission is a plains titan called Nos that was so badass in its world history that for 50 odd years or so it managed to dominate an entire age as the 'Age of the Plains Titan'.

Nos was a plains titan. It was the only one of its kind. A towering turkey composed of flame. It has a knobby shell and it has a regal bearing. Nos was associated with rivers, plants, nature and animals.
Life, like most voyages, is more about the journey than the destination, wherever it may be.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 02:09:43 pm »

My beast choice:

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:29:09 pm by k33n »

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 02:18:12 pm »

My submission is a plains titan called Nos that was so badass in its world history that for 50 odd years or so it managed to dominate an entire age as the 'Age of the Plains Titan'.

Nos was a plains titan. It was the only one of its kind. A towering turkey composed of flame. It has a knobby shell and it has a regal bearing. Nos was associated with rivers, plants, nature and animals.

You know, putting our ideal beast in our submission would speed things up amazingly, the biggest cause of thread death in the old one was waiting for people to post a beast, sometimes for months lol. I have edited my submission to include a beast and would recommend that everyone do the same.

I once had a 500 year reign of the swamp titan, but it was a dumb stegosauri, not a regal shelled turkey made of flame. That is just the straight dope.

Rocktomato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 02:23:40 pm »

Dayum, k33n. If I knew you were going to post something of that quality, I wouldn't have bothered with my own. I only did it because nobody else seemed to be doing it, and it'd be a huge shame for this thread to die.
Life, like most voyages, is more about the journey than the destination, wherever it may be.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 87