Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 282638 times)

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest: Round 2!
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 02:33:18 pm »

Dayum, k33n. If I knew you were going to post something of that quality, I wouldn't have bothered with my own. I only did it because nobody else seemed to be doing it, and it'd be a huge shame for this thread to die.

Oh poppycock! It is about drawing fun stuff, not winning. All must draw!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:41:43 pm by k33n »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 02:44:26 pm »

Hey, those birds are both awesome! And k33n, I like that suggestion. I will add it to OP.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Rocktomato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 04:20:06 pm »

Winning's not important, but K33n's depiction of the birdie is of such sublime quality as to render it definitive, in my humble opinion.
^^
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:24:13 pm by Rocktomato »
Life, like most voyages, is more about the journey than the destination, wherever it may be.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 04:33:35 pm »

Another one, more a quick concept than a finished drawing. The forgotten beast generator seems to spit out a lot of forgotten beasts that are based on innocent looking little songbirds. I have a hard time imagining them as death-dealing beasts from the underworld, but drawing them helps somewhat.

Hey, those birds are both awesome! And k33n, I like that suggestion. I will add it to OP.
Fine with me if people keep picking a winner based on the drawing, and not on the suggestion for the new FB... I'll try and add a FB description in the coming days.

edit: Here's my FB proposal:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:36:28 pm by Bralbaard »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 04:40:19 pm »

Fine with me if people keep picking a winner based on the drawing, and not on the suggestion for the new FB... I'll try and add a FB description in the comming days.

Damn, that is one scary bird! And really captures the look of those birdies from Google search!

And yeah, winners should be chosen based on their drawings!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 08:25:35 pm »

So, no DD yet? Shame.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 09:52:02 pm »

These birds are looking pretty good! And don't be discouraged, Rocktomato, I wouldn't say this contest is based on the best artistic ability, but rather who can come up with the most fearsome/interesting beast.

So, no DD yet? Shame.

Nah, I usually need inspiration from all the other fine artists in the thread before I can work up something to draw. Especially when it comes to birds. I hate birds. :P

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2013, 10:02:55 pm »

I think I like k33n best so far, but we've got ages still.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 01:25:25 am »

Spoiler: bigolbird (click to show/hide)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 02:34:14 am »

Darkerdark, Your drawing is wonderful ! It gives so much "liveness" to my story !

Thank you A LOT for that.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 02:58:59 am »

Spoiler: bigolbird (click to show/hide)

...dat bird

I have to draw this now >.<

Hey guys, is two weeks too long? We already have a few awesome drawings, and it's only been *checks* two days!

Rocktomato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 03:36:26 am »

Wow, Rum. That looks awesome. I especially like the Asiatic lean the style has, reminds me of Okami!

And, yeah, 2 weeks might be a bit much. If there's a really interesting Forgotten beast there tended to be quite a few drawings - more than we're getting here - in a small space of time. 2 weeks would only really work for the super-dull ones like

"A giant blob made of filth. It squirms and fidgets. Beware its poisonous webs."

For which we'd not be expecting many entries.
Life, like most voyages, is more about the journey than the destination, wherever it may be.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 03:40:04 am »

Wow, Rum. That looks awesome. I especially like the Asiatic lean the style has, reminds me of Okami!

And, yeah, 2 weeks might be a bit much. If there's a really interesting Forgotten beast there tended to be quite a few drawings - more than we're getting here - in a small space of time. 2 weeks would only really work for the super-dull ones like

"A giant blob made of filth. It squirms and fidgets. Beware its poisonous webs."

For which we'd not be expecting many entries.

That's what I was thinking. I will specify 1 week in the original thread, and try to keep track of the current beastie. If you disagree, please let me know and I'll adjust as needed.

On a related topic - if I were to put together an archive, where could I do that?

Rocktomato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2013, 03:43:20 am »

I assume that you mean an archive for the winning FB depictions? I'm not certain that's been done before - did the last thread do it? If so, you could always copy their method.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2013, 08:34:29 am »

The first and last that Nokao posted are not standard titans. The first is a megabeast, a frost wyrm, which I think is form masterwork (the frost wyrms in my own mod have a different description) and the last has some funky-ass description. Never seen "the giant is as tal' as the mountains it was named for, with legs the size of large trees and arms resembling slightly smaller ones" or "its sunken eyes, though showing little intelligence, reveal unrestrained hostility towards anything that may be considered food, no matter the size."

Since one is the product of masterwork, I assume the other is as well.

I was just trying to help, didn't known there was an internal hate for us "funky-ass" mod users.

I'll keep playing the mods I like (most of wich try to complete this un-completed game), you keep up the good artwork ;)

And remember that art is freedom.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 08:36:12 am by Nokao »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 87