Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 278464 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest: Round 2!
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2013, 09:19:45 am »

I assume that you mean an archive for the winning FB depictions? I'm not certain that's been done before - did the last thread do it? If so, you could always copy their method.

Indeed, or maybe even an archive of all submissions. But I don't know where to host it yet. I'll have a look around the other thread sometime.

The first and last that Nokao posted are not standard titans. The first is a megabeast, a frost wyrm, which I think is form masterwork (the frost wyrms in my own mod have a different description) and the last has some funky-ass description. Never seen "the giant is as tal' as the mountains it was named for, with legs the size of large trees and arms resembling slightly smaller ones" or "its sunken eyes, though showing little intelligence, reveal unrestrained hostility towards anything that may be considered food, no matter the size."

Since one is the product of masterwork, I assume the other is as well.

I was just trying to help, didn't known there was an internal hate for us "funky-ass" mod users.

I'll keep playing the mods I like (most of wich try to complete this un-completed game), you keep up the good artwork ;)

And remember that art is freedom.

That made me think of prancing donkeys :) I don't know whether mods should be completely forbidden, but I do think the original game produces the most fantastic beasties. But hey, mods are the spice of gaming!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2013, 11:33:35 am »

I was just trying to help, didn't known there was an internal hate for us "funky-ass" mod users.

I'll keep playing the mods I like (most of wich try to complete this un-completed game), you keep up the good artwork ;)

And remember that art is freedom.

No hate at all, just acknowledged that one wasnt a titan or fb and the other was really bizarre.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 11:42:22 am »

It's ok it's ok, but remember: if there are rules in the competition, to copy+paste them in the first post.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2013, 11:47:50 am »

Posting to follow bread

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2013, 11:53:08 am »

It's ok it's ok, but remember: if there are rules in the competition, to copy+paste them in the first post.

I am collecting rules as I go. If there's a motion to ban mods, I'll put that in.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Rocktomato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2013, 05:52:03 pm »

I must say that I for one wouldn't agree with such a notion. The only protest with mods is that they might create a creature that was un-DF-ish, so to speak, and didn't fit with the theme of the game. But any one of those masterwork titans would be wholly acceptable as a submission, in my opinion, although they don't seem to possess the depth of randomly-generated description that vanilla creatures possess.
Life, like most voyages, is more about the journey than the destination, wherever it may be.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2013, 07:28:00 pm »

Count me in. I'd love to practice my drawing :D I'll draft one up tonight see how it goes.

I also have this memory of a forgotten beast that was a towering stag composed of flame. Beware its deadly dust!

Which I also desire to draw. For the hell of it. I'll also draft that one up sometime.

Archek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 08:20:22 pm »

Posting to watch

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2013, 01:48:49 pm »

Now I probably won't be drawing any beasts any time soon (PTW) but I wanted to put this one out there in case someone is willing to draw this in their free time.

How in the world would that be drawn is what I'm wondering.

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2013, 02:14:06 pm »

Alright, this is as far as I'm getting with this bad boy. Have at it!

Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2013, 02:16:06 pm »

I give you the nuthatch!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2013, 05:16:25 pm »

I give you the nuthatch!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Actually looks pretty to me, in a spectacular sort of way and less so eldritch horror. It just seems so terrifyingly natural.

There is no way though I would walk up to it if I ever saw one...

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2013, 05:43:08 pm »

Yay, I'm glad someone likes it. Yeah, I felt the eye in the middle of the chest to be a funner route than in the head. Eldritch horrors remind me of Lovecraft, therefore tentacles.

Also my FB is the towering stag comprised of fire that I mentioned earlier. Beware its deadly dust!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2013, 08:42:19 pm »

Why does it have to be Friday that I decide to look in here?! WHY!?

Oh well... maybe I will try my hands at said firestag...

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 10:57:37 pm »

Feel free to do mine.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 87