Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 283270 times)

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Tise Mucousdungs, hungry for blood
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2013, 10:51:10 am »

I've been thinking for a while I could write a crawler or something to automatically farm images and things that look like beast descriptions from the two threads.  Someone would probably still have to associate the beasts and the images, but would that be helpful to you guys?
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2013, 12:35:44 pm »

Would everyone be okay with their drawings and renderings on DeviantArt?
Uhh is there another option? I sense some issues of dumping peoples work onto DA where someone could flag some one's commission for ripping off their work due to copyrights and getting the whole thing taken down. I would suggest making a site for this.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2013, 01:41:30 pm »

PTW!

i havent got around to drawing for the forums in a loooong time i think its about time i start again.

as for this, wellll i already use DA to host my images for these forums so my drawings are already on there.
but you could re upload mine if you so please just make sure my name is in the description somewhere.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:47:16 pm by Ameablable »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2013, 01:44:57 pm »

Uhh is there another option? I sense some issues of dumping peoples work onto DA where someone could flag some one's commission for ripping off their work due to copyrights and getting the whole thing taken down. I would suggest making a site for this.

I don't see how anyone could claim any of our works infringe on their copyright. We're doing it all ourselves through our own methods, and the subject matter is quite unique. Toady is the only one that would have an explicit copyright to DF-related works as far as I know. Is this a regular occurrence on Deviantart?

Personally I don't mind at all, even though my submissions are awful and few and far between. I do have a deviantart account, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Werehuman

• Bay Watcher
  • Talented Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2013, 04:12:15 pm »

I'd be fine with it. As for the fb, I'm having major trouble with proportions.   :-/ a leg too big, the head too small, etc. might not post one, but if I'll do I'll actually color it this time
+Signature+
This signature menaces with spikes of boringness.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2013, 04:20:18 pm »

Also, why don't you hold, like, a titan/demon art contest, too, while you're at it? (unless this already falls under this category)
Just askin', not like I would participate anyway.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2013, 08:17:50 pm »

Well i thought this was funny. i might draw a more detailed version because this aint detailed at all. but here! my attempt at comedy!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

k and here's a beast fer in case yknow.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2013, 10:24:37 pm »

Uhm..... is Urist in pain in the second frame, or.. erhm.... getting off?  I ask, because it looks like his nipples got hard enough to cut glass in that second frame. O.o

*shudder*
(Dwarves are freaks!)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2013, 03:32:04 am »

Uhm..... is Urist in pain in the second frame, or.. erhm.... getting off?  I ask, because it looks like his nipples got hard enough to cut glass in that second frame. O.o

*shudder*
(Dwarves are freaks!)
He took joy in slaughter recently.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2013, 04:15:27 am »

*shudder*
(Dwarves are freaks!)
He took joy in slaughter recently.
There is no emoticon for my face right now, so have one of a guy listening to music:
( ( ( d(^.^)b ) ) )

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2013, 06:08:43 am »

*shudder*
(Dwarves are freaks!)
Its a little bit of both. Yknow how dwarves get.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2013, 10:06:43 am »

Also, why don't you hold, like, a titan/demon art contest, too, while you're at it? (unless this already falls under this category)
Just askin', not like I would participate anyway.

Technically, this covers all creatures. Forgotten Beasts tend to be more exotic though, which is why the focus is on them. If somebody has a really cool critter, they can always suggest it.

Anyways, it looks like DA is a good option. I will set it up this weekend. Here are a few thoughts:
- Do we upload every version, or just the winner?
--- I am thinking of having an album for every creature, with the winner as the album cover and all other variations within. The description of the beastie will be in album description.

- Who will do the uploading?
--- I don't want to be the sole handler of this, in case I'm unavailable or anything else. My current thinking is to have some of you guys volunteer to co-manage the account with me. We could also make it open, with username/password available in the main thread

- If somebody chooses not to have their drawing up on DA, we could potentially provide a link from within the website

I haven't really used DA much outside of browsing for awesome art, so there will be a bit of learning. But it should be good.
Thanks to all of you for the thoughts and ideas :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2013, 10:49:28 am »

I don't see how anyone could claim any of our works infringe on their copyright. We're doing it all ourselves through our own methods, and the subject matter is quite unique. Toady is the only one that would have an explicit copyright to DF-related works as far as I know. Is this a regular occurrence on Deviantart?

Personally I don't mind at all, even though my submissions are awful and few and far between. I do have a deviantart account, though.
I'm just covering my bases due to DA users tend to be insane and really protective of their work on a flip of a coin then steal others art and claim it's theirs.
due to chances of people dumping their work on DA before this thread does means someone who scour the site for copiers will put two and two together then blissfully ignore the description.
though can't one use the search option on this thread to filter out all posts but the art, that could work out as a pseudo gallery.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2013, 11:10:22 am »

I'm just covering my bases due to DA users tend to be insane and really protective of their work on a flip of a coin then steal others art and claim it's theirs.
due to chances of people dumping their work on DA before this thread does means someone who scour the site for copiers will put two and two together then blissfully ignore the description.
though can't one use the search option on this thread to filter out all posts but the art, that could work out as a pseudo gallery.

We should be okay. We have this forum with date stamps as a reference to avoid such issues. Besides, the exotic nature of Dwarf Fortress / Forgotten Beasts should give us plenty of a buffer. And lastly, I'll do my best to police things.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2013, 11:20:25 am »

I have a bit of experience in Deviant Art. However my expertise is actually in metal crafts more-so than in drawing. I do however have an active account and could probably help some, though my time is stretched at best.

If people submitting post images to Deviantart, said images can be displayed in the group without having to be uploaded by the group.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 87