Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 287505 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Tise Mucousdungs, hungry for blood
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2013, 11:36:54 am »

I have a bit of experience in Deviant Art. However my expertise is actually in metal crafts more-so than in drawing. I do however have an active account and could probably help some, though my time is stretched at best.

If people submitting post images to Deviantart, said images can be displayed in the group without having to be uploaded by the group.

...you should totally model a beastie or two in metal...
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2013, 11:58:41 am »

I have a bit of experience in Deviant Art. However my expertise is actually in metal crafts more-so than in drawing. I do however have an active account and could probably help some, though my time is stretched at best.

If people submitting post images to Deviantart, said images can be displayed in the group without having to be uploaded by the group.

I could, but I am really more of the knife making kind of metal craft. I specialize in metallurgy, black smithing, and blade smithing. I don't really keep a lot of softer metals around that I could use for sculpture. If you wish to see it, you may go to my page http://wolfofragnarok.deviantart.com/.

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2013, 02:37:58 pm »

I could, but I am really more of the knife making kind of metal craft. I specialize in metallurgy, black smithing, and blade smithing. I don't really keep a lot of softer metals around that I could use for sculpture. If you wish to see it, you may go to my page http://wolfofragnarok.deviantart.com/.
Diamond wolf (and any one else interested in a metal beast) if you use a eight to sixteen gauge steel plate (old shelving is nice) you could make a forgotten beastie lawn ornament, it's super easy if you have access to plasma, or pattern cutter, or even a torch if you have a steady hand. I made dozens of Pokemon that way XD
Edit: Also, that's an incredible pattern weld on those knives, kudos.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:42:44 pm by Agent of Avarice »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2013, 04:27:03 pm »

*prefers to diecast. Leadfree plumbing solder is 96 to 98% tin, with just enough antimony and silver to control flow and whiskering.

Works fairly well for small items. I use high temp rtv gasket maker as the mold medium.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2013, 05:26:25 pm »

I hope nobody will ever have to draw a FB like the one who lurks around my fortress.
Ulash, great quadruped composed of vomit...

this game is so...so...well, I don't know how to express the feeling.
Weird.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2013, 03:26:58 am »

And there's no better way to take your pills than that!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2013, 03:13:59 pm »

Hi again, all!  I'm working on collecting all the data from the old thread for anyone who might end up wanting it.  I've already harvested all the pictures and descriptions - about 630 illustrations from 152 different artists.  I just need to associate all the beasts with their proper descriptions.  I'm doing this through a webpage, so I thought I would try some crowdsourcing.  Just go here if you want to sort a few beasts for me: http://brianmacintosh.com/beasts/view.php.  If you have any problems or anything you can e-mail me at brianamacintosh (gmail).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:07:59 pm by bmaczero »
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2013, 03:38:49 pm »

I love you guys for making nightmares out of ordinary woodland critters.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2013, 07:51:53 pm »

I got a bit carried away, and I also went ahead and built an interface for viewing the beasts  :P.  For now, this database only contains the beasts from the old thread, and they still need a lot of sorting through.  We're at about 15% completion right now.

Forgotten Beast Drawing Contest Archive

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2013, 06:01:37 am »

I got a bit carried away, and I also went ahead and built an interface for viewing the beasts  :P.  For now, this database only contains the beasts from the old thread, and they still need a lot of sorting through.  We're at about 15% completion right now.

This is fantastic!

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2013, 06:32:49 am »

This is fantastic!

Truly awesome.
Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2013, 04:32:00 pm »

My section needs some cleanup... a lot of them are work in progress (WIP) images, and others are just silly/just for fun without being contest entries.

I only have 4 actual submissions: the walrus, the giant two tailed shrimp with the flatulence problem, the long haired gecko with the deadly dust problem (dandruff), and enira deepdeath, the giant 3 eyed wasp with the translucent exoskeleton.

The names I can't really remember, because they make no rational sense with the creature in most cases, being RNG output.

The ugly thing with the bird head, the batwings, and the scorpion body was just a "for the hell of it" image, and is not an actual FB.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2013, 04:35:05 pm »

Good stuff. I find the actual organization a bit difficult to look at, and would like to help improve it. Are you using any scripting/databases to organize things, or is this all done by hand?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2013, 09:17:50 pm »

Good stuff. I find the actual organization a bit difficult to look at, and would like to help improve it. Are you using any scripting/databases to organize things, or is this all done by hand?
Yeah, I'm a coder, not a designer :P.  I'm using a MySQL database and PHP scripts for it.  I'd be willing to hand out FTP access if you can work with PHP/HTML/CSS and you want to play with the interface.

My section needs some cleanup... a lot of them are work in progress (WIP) images, and others are just silly/just for fun without being contest entries.

I only have 4 actual submissions: the walrus, the giant two tailed shrimp with the flatulence problem, the long haired gecko with the deadly dust problem (dandruff), and enira deepdeath, the giant 3 eyed wasp with the translucent exoskeleton.

The names I can't really remember, because they make no rational sense with the creature in most cases, being RNG output.

The ugly thing with the bird head, the batwings, and the scorpion body was just a "for the hell of it" image, and is not an actual FB.
Thanks.  I had a robot just grab all the images from the thread, so let me know if anything else is out of place.  I removed the obvious WIP ones.  Personally, I'm okay with just keeping semi-related illustrations in there even if they aren't of a beast that was part of the contest, but if you want me to remove any of the other ones, just let me know.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2013, 03:46:56 am »

Are all your submissions in? Today is the last day!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 87