Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 283397 times)

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

can you guys do my beast next?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Well it seems cool to me. But it is up to rumrusher

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile

Did someone say...

FORGOTTEN BEAST?
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did someone say...

FORGOTTEN BEAST?

Well, you did just now...

anyways... I came in too late to try to enter this particular contest section... and I didn't want to wait for rumrusher to pick a new beast. So instead of the regular ones I drew (not for the competition) catsup's beast. lets see if I can upload this properly.
Spoiler because huge empty picture. Should figure out how to fix that some day.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog

That kinda looks like Osama bin Laden there.

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea apparently I'm not good at drawing helmets. Osama Bin Urist.

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile

So, I have this Forgotten Beast if we need ideas.

ZOLAK
A gigantic eyeless Theropod. It has a pair of long antennae and it has a bloated body. It's indigo feathers are long and  sparse. Beware its fire! Zolak was associated with treachery and caverns.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:41:35 pm by OmegaShadowcry »
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have some free time, so I have started drawing the feathered serpent with deadly dust from the story on page 15. I do not know what the next beast will be, but I will still post the serpent when I get done.

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile

Just to keep this thread up and running, does anyone want to take a guess at why the dust is so deadly? (Not counting the programming bug right now.)

My guess is that the dust is some sort of psionic medium, and the creature itself is psionic in nature.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile

Just to keep this thread up and running, does anyone want to take a guess at why the dust is so deadly? (Not counting the programming bug right now.)

My guess is that the dust is some sort of psionic medium, and the creature itself is psionic in nature.

It's the lung cancer. Definitely the lung cancer.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile

It's the lung cancer. Definitely the lung cancer.
I meant the knockback effect, but that could work. Maybe it's Magical Cancer...

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I had to guess the dust is highly concentrated caustic soda. How it causes the deaths would probably involve an ability to spray venom. While its size would make the venom itself somewhat impractical for small victims, when combined with the dust it would cause it to act in a hemolytic fashion. The flesh would instantly begin to dissolve and the blood vessels would become opened all along the body.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Soooo are we gonna have a poll then? or just wait for Rumrusher.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:46:45 pm by Ameablable »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey all, sorry for a bit of an absence. Stuff in life, as well as Cataclysm, have swallowed me whole.

Hurray for a winner! Let me see if I can get in touch with Rumrusher :) If not, we'll hold another poll outside of the forum. The polls here do not like being reused.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Wanted to shake things up a bit.
here's a spider who lies and a dwarf goddess who mute.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 87