Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 285431 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Well, I say. Victor time?

(I have no idea where it's from, but it entertained me)

I'm 80% sure that's Victor Newman from the long-running soap "the Young and the Restless". My mother watches it obsessively.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I say. Victor time?

(I have no idea where it's from, but it entertained me)

I'm 80% sure that's Victor Newman from the long-running soap "the Young and the Restless". My mother watches it obsessively.

You are correct, hurray! :D
Messaged keen, by the way, and he's/she's usually pretty keen (hah!) so I don't expect the lull to last.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:42:09 am by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile

Because the last two forgotten beasts inspired more situational and narrative type stuff, I'd figure I'd do something different by providing some background about a very successful demon that has ruled a civilization for over a thousand years.

Behold: "Quece Rainfords the Wave of Urns".

She somehow fooled the humans of the Glittering Kingdoms into thinking she was Gogol...

...and ruled as "Master" from her city of Soakedcolor ( She is the only inhabitant ), writing books and creating an island of stability as the rest of the world got trashed during the Goblin Age.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I knew you wouldn't dissapoint! That is an awesome demon!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

This one may be fun!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile

Ooo, nice. This will be interesting.

EDIT: And it was interesting!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:41:04 pm by StLeibowitz »
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Aw man, that's pretty much exactly what I was going to do with it...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Looks like that demon has more to her legends than what you show? Can we see the rest of it?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile

Looks like that demon has more to her legends than what you show? Can we see the rest of it?

It is fantastically long and details her absolute conquest of the Elfen civilizations ( they have one isolated city left with a hundred or so individuals ) as well as making government titles for her humans before retreating into governance and writing such interestingly titled artifact books as: Hell: Further Musings, And She Sang "The Master!", Creation Explained, Victory by the People, Civilization: a New Approach, The Forest Retreat Exposed, The People: Principles and Practices, and Surely the Past Laughs - and many, many more. ( This was all during the half millennia of the Swamp Titan Age, After that the Goblin Age begins followed by hundreds of other events. )
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:21:40 pm by k33n »

matskuman5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heres my version of it. Did it in like 15 minutes or so.

It did say it was a monitor;) The colorful things behind it are wires.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile

Nice haha, I was wondering if someone was going to do that!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

When it says Monitor, does it mean, like...a computer monitor? Or is a monitor a creature, or a misspelling of Minotaur, or...?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When it says Monitor, does it mean, like...a computer monitor? Or is a monitor a creature, or a misspelling of Minotaur, or...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monitor_lizard

Also known as "You hate mosquitoes, flies and wasps? Here, let me make your problems go away..." lizard.

EDIT: Or, from reading the wiki, not. So much for folk wisdom. Monitor Lizards includes things like the Komodo Dragon.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

It is fantastically long and details her absolute conquest of the Elfen civilizations ( they have one isolated city left with a hundred or so individuals ) as well as making government titles for her humans before retreating into governance and writing such interestingly titled artifact books as: Hell: Further Musings, And She Sang "The Master!", Creation Explained, Victory by the People, Civilization: a New Approach, The Forest Retreat Exposed, The People: Principles and Practices, and Surely the Past Laughs - and many, many more. ( This was all during the half millennia of the Swamp Titan Age, After that the Goblin Age begins followed by hundreds of other events. )
Holy Carp, Going by the book titles it seems Queca was mistaken for an animalman by the elves during her early years(Talk about in 'Hell: Further Musings' and 'Creation Explained'), endure their misuse of nature for so long that she high tailed out of the place(The Forest Retreat Exposed) and raised a human army to drive the elves onto a reserve( Victory by the people,).
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games

Me practicing my pixel art more.

The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 87