Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 283315 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright. Wasn't looking forward to this one, but it ended up being fairly fun. I tried colouring it for serious for once.

I guess if you're a giant lizard pretending to be a human deity, claiming to be a goddess of deformity would be a good place to start. Here's my rendition of Queca in full pretending-to-be-Gogol mode. The mask is there to hide her "deformity", and no mortal should peer beyond it. The skull because she's also a goddess of death.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Such a simple image, but with so much character packed in.  Great job.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like it.

Very "Masque of the Red Death" :)
I would have liked to see a brillant and evil eye shining under the mask.
The tongue is quite weird, in this place (even if nice rendering of it).

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have one for Queca, but ive got to wait till the morning.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I think the tongue is the coolest thing about it.  Adds to the mystery of what kind of face is behind that mask, and to the attitude of that creepy blank face holding a skull.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The tongue is cool. No problem with that.

It's the place where it is which is quite disturbing. It doesn't fit with the neck or the hood. Try to imagine the head behind the mask.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

That's exactly what I was saying about the mystery of what kind of face is behind that mask :P  It all just hints ever so slightly at eldritch abomination, but one with composure and intelligence.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

So a Demon known for all things nature took the name of a Goddess who all about disease, and death, then set off to push the elven civilization to a single city state? Nah...
Queca tale against the elves was past down generation of Generation until it got white wash in the 1902 by the Glitter kingdom to promote new kid toys that isn't a lizard in platemail.
How it started was from Queca after ascending from hell getting sick and tired of the whiny needs of the elves. Leaves to a hamlet then use her 'weather' abilities to help produce the best crop any one could buy, this allow her access to royal treatment and soon a commanding army to purge the whiny brats she worked for. She murder and razed so many elven retreats the human populace started calling her Gogol. Those who know her true name are apart of several familes she pick during her time of being 'The Master' to govern the states. you can read all this in her autobiography though doing so might grant you wicked plant powers. 
 Ether way, here's a picture of Queca leading a raid
 (those are Lips not Teeth) and here's Queca Leading a raid in a cowl and mask
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile

Spoiler:  The rise of Queca. (click to show/hide)

----

This was so so fun to do. Also, tell me if there's any spelling or grammar mistakes. I'll rectify it when I get some sleep.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:52:30 pm by IpunchFaces »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

You guys are too good at this...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright here's my version of QuecaYes i know i misspelled here name... But dang guys are realyl good at this!
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love, love, how everyone had a different interpretation. It's awesome when that happens.

That said... We are at just about one week. Does anyone need extra time?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile

It's been a couple days since the last art post. Probably should judge and keep things rolling.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's been a couple days since the last art post. Probably should judge and keep things rolling.

Probably; I'll leave it up to k33n though
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I'm still scribbling in the scales on mine. Must go faster!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 87