Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 283291 times)

matskuman5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, as you guys suggested, I used MS paint in doing this so it might not be very good (ages from the last time I used paint).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, as you guys suggested, I used MS paint in doing this so it might not be very good (ages from the last time I used paint).

Hehe, I love the dwarf in the picture. "What the hell is going on?"

Indeed!

It isn't the quality of the image, nor the art style used that is the primary criterion for winning. The submissions are viewed foremost on their creativity in depiction.  Crayon art stands a perfectly good chance of winning, if it is original and whitty.

My submissions tend to be pixel art craziness, but rather blah in terms of originality, though there are a few exceptions. That's fine, I play just to play, and truth be told, would rather not win. (Because then I can't play the next round!)

Don't be shy, and just have fun! Crayon is perfectly acceptable. MSPaint is perfectly good too! (I do nearly all my submissions with it! Paint.net is just for transparent layering!) Pen, pencil-- doesn't matter!

Would you mind if I added this to the OP?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

I drew Urithi but I'm bad with technology so in the (img) (/img) thing what do I put in the square brackets?

I used regular brackets just so you could see what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:50:29 pm by ShadowHammer »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I drew Urithi but I'm bad with technology so in the (img) (/img) thing what do I put in the square brackets?

I used regular brackets just so you could see what I'm talking about.

Code: [Select]
[img]Your image URL goes here, including the HTTP[/img]

Such as:

[img]http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab75/Dissonance119/Cheshire_cat_avatar.jpg[/img]

The above is link to my avatar. here is how that exact code looks like outside the code box:

EDIT: For simplicity, you can just copy-paste your image link into text, select it with the mouse, and then click on the image button above the text box. It will put the appropriate tags around the image link.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:05:16 pm by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

^ You can also display a scaled down image in the thread and make the image a link to the fullsize version like this.
[url=http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/193/5/5/Dry_Ice_Fog_by_arclance_fullsize.jpg][img]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/193/5/5/Dry_Ice_Fog_by_arclance_small.jpg[/img][/url]
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

i'm planning on picking the winner friday as that would be 1 week. but i am willing to extend that deadline to anybody that needs it.

and i couldn't resist drawing my own version of the beast.

this drawing is just for funs.

im loving all the submissions KEEP EM UP! :D

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

Here's my Uthili!

and on the off chance that I win, here's my choice:

Wait. Can I use a titan instead of an FB?

if not, then use this guy:

EDIT: Finally got it working. Thanks for the tech support guys!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:42:57 pm by ShadowHammer »

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

images not loading :P

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's my Uthili!

and on the off chance that I win, here's my choice:

Wait. Can I use a titan instead of an FB?

if not, then use this guy:

EDIT: Wait can you guys see the pics? 'cause I can't.
No, you used links to the page hosting the image and not to the image itself.
The first link should be this.
[img]http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y388/_Shadowhammer_/IMG_0162_zps30cf52c2.jpg[/img]
To fix your other links find the "Links to share this photo" section on the pages the links you are using now lead to and copy the contents of the "IMG" box in that section into a post to get the correct link complete with "img" tags.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:08:37 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

so im planning on picking the winner tomorrow (friday) around 4pm Eastern Time, anyone need extra time?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So you know, I will be away until Wednesday the 10th. Small vacation, lots of driving. I'll update the post with new info when I come back!

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile

Enjoy. Sorry for the somewhat grubby quality - bad lighting and a phone camera.
Been a while since I drew something for the forums.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 10:03:50 pm by Loam »
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

You should share with us more often! :o
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not bad, Loam !

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile

Either dwarves are freakin' tiny or that tree is humongus.
I PTW anything that seems interesting
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 87