Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 283377 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not that much activity ...

Should we wait another week, or end this session now ?

I like the idea of adding another week. With the decreased activity, maybe 2 weeks could become the standard for a month or two.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It'll be two weeks tomorrow. Any last minute submissions?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

hypneos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aaand after two weeks of arguing with myself, we ( me and myself ) have finally settled on a winner.
We ( the jury ) has originally envisioned a tie between the main contestants;
but after deliberation; while the concept of non-participation to a competition
is an original move and totally non-mainstream, it does not constitute alone a  sufficient basis for qualification.

Following that, I am proud to announce that :
The winner is Slowpokez !
*clap, clap, clap* *clap, clap, clap*

More seriously, this is a finely-crafted participation.

But the lighting is odd on the dwarf.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:57:06 pm by hypneos »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: any beasts?
« Reply #708 on: September 02, 2013, 01:14:24 am »

Did slowpokez pick a beast or are we still waiting?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some time ago I put up the descriptions of two FBs people suggested that I should submit here. They're at the bottom of this post.

Radavi is single-handedly responsible for deaths of about 50 dwarves and starting a cascade of events which killed over a half of a fort's population, formerly nearing 450.

Stasno didn't accomplish anything significant except for getting accidentally bisected.

Feel free to use or disregard.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite

^ Yea...uh...go with that ^
Sry bout' the wait...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hypneos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which one ?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile

Is there a FB up for competition right now or what?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Well... Slowpokez said to go with what Hetairos posted, and Hetairos posted two in that page he linked to:

So, choose one of them, or both, I guess. I personally think Radavi is the cooler of the two.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apologies for my own inaction. Crap happened, made life less fun for a week or so.

Ping for interest check! There hasn't been much activity, but forums ebb and flow. Especially around September. So, I suggest we go with the second beastie due to the one kill. That one kill cracks me up.

Any thoughts, regarding the thread or the beastie?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

If there were more Aussie artists (sadly, I only fulfil the former criterion) then the thread would be up and running in two weeks time, but...

Dwarf_in_the_North

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I can't stand to see this thread idle so long. So here's my version of Radavi Seizeclout (I have no idea how to draw that kangaroo).

Remember, guys, Losing Is Fun when it ISN'T intentional.  The best losses are when shit goes to hell and you have no idea why.  Made more hilarious when you';re drunkenly screaming at your screen to "STOP DYING, BASTARDS!!!"

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't stand to see this thread idle so long. So here's my version of Radavi Seizeclout (I have no idea how to draw that kangaroo).

I love that thing! In honour of that, I will make it the title creature. Let's take until the end of next week (September 20), and see how that goes!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno, the feathered 8-legged Kangaroo!
« Reply #718 on: September 10, 2013, 12:58:11 pm »

Lookie what I found in someone's signature:

I don't think lead poisoning will be a serious issue until the leading cause of dwarf death stops being
and related things.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52415.msg1136107#msg1136107

Dwarf_in_the_North

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno, the feathered 8-legged Kangaroo!
« Reply #719 on: September 10, 2013, 06:31:46 pm »

Thanks CognitiveDissonance!

If only that were generated as an Elephant titan.  :o
Remember, guys, Losing Is Fun when it ISN'T intentional.  The best losses are when shit goes to hell and you have no idea why.  Made more hilarious when you';re drunkenly screaming at your screen to "STOP DYING, BASTARDS!!!"
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 87