New Fort
- 12 (38.7%)
Use my old, 11 year fort so we can skip straight to the fun part
- 5 (16.1%)
Other (post)
- 6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)  (Read 12486 times)

Manze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AncientBushes, Yet Another Succession Game! (Noobs Welcome)
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2013, 12:19:57 am »

not...dining hall.  dining halls.  plural. 

If the dining hall designations overlap, the dwarves perceive only one dining hall, and only one dwarf will use it for dining at a time...at least, that's what happens in my fort whenever I try to use a single dining hall. 

Even my workaround isn't 100% effective, but it's the difference between 10% of the fort using a dining hall, and 80% of the fort using a dining hall.

huh. I've never had that problem.  I only ever have the one main dining hall designation, though. Never tried one of those fancy overlapping dining rooms.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2013, 01:46:43 am »

fps on my computer is to low to play some one else please cary on

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2013, 03:45:09 am »

....I suppose I could try a one-designation dining hall with a ton of chairs and tables and see if that helps. My very first fort was on a legacy version, and I switched to mutli-designations when my dwarves continued to have "complained about lack of chairs lately" for prolonged periods of time.

Even if it turns out that one big dining hall actually works, I intend to scatter a few mini dining halls around the fort; when combined with strategically placed food and drink minipiles(2-4 tiles each), they go a long way towards minimizing break times.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]