Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Move Orange to new version, worldgen, setup? ("Yes" wins. OP updated with new embark, party and info)

Yes
- 10 (83.3%)
No
- 1 (8.3%)
Maybe, I don't know, I have to flip a coin first (For Splint only, secretly "Yes")
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: March 30, 2013, 03:52:23 am

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria - Orange (Community Stable)  (Read 26054 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Fallout: Equestria - Orange (Community Stable)
« on: March 26, 2013, 08:01:05 am »

Fallout: Equestria
The Cult of the Last Orange
A POST APOCALYPTIC PONY FRUIT HELL PARADISE

Intro:
(Section subject to change...)

Previously...

The legendary city stable of Lemon went through with a massive settling effort by sending a large number of its population ("volunteers", ponies who had become brainwashed with the idea of "saving" Lemon from the evils of the wasteland by leaving it) off into the wastelands to settle the land for the purposes of reducing overpopulation.

And it worked, far better than the leaders of Lemon had expected.
Over a thousand ponies left Lemon on various expeditions and Lemon no longer suffered from severe overpopulation, in fact, Lemon could actually let more ponies into its stable.
The few ponies who had remained in the shanty towns were let in, and their scrap homes and lousy hovels were largely disassembled and cleared out of the way, the area surrounding Lemon was left barren and it became easier than ever to defend the citadel that served as its entrance from the oppressive alliance of raiders, slavers, steel rangers and unity alicorns.

Things didn't go as well for the expeditions however...
Many were lost entirely to the horrors of the wasteland, some fell to mutants and raiders, some to starvation and disease, others disappeared completely never to be heard from again... A few were properly established but ended up becoming ruled by incompetent or oppressive overseers and fell to chaos...
The losses were high, and it was estimated by the Lemon leadership that a good 89% of the settling parties sent out didn't make it past their first year.
But even the settlements that did, and survived, settlements such as Silveryvale, Crabsouls, Savepeaks, Lizardorb and Pineapple, didn't have it easy.
Silveryvale, which was located in an idylic little valley, ended up becoming constantly harassed by raiders and slavers, and had to bribe them in various ways to keep them off their backs, Crabsouls, a little town set up in Horseshoe Bay on the eastern coast had serious problems with horrific sea creatures screwing up their fishing operations, Savepeaks over at the Unicorn Range was nearly wiped out twice by the flocks of savage birds living in the mountains, Lizardorb at the edge of the San Palomino Desert had problems with hellhound raids, Pineapple in the outskirts of Cloudsdale ended up becoming completely pinned down below ground by the ghoulish pegasus remnants which still lived among the scrap fields there...
Almost every semi-succesful settlement had some form of serious problem and had a hard time establishing themselves despite all the gear and equipment Lemon had given away to help them survive.

After roughly a year had passed since the last settling party had left Lemon the leaders of Lemon decided to evaluate the progress of the more lucrative expeditions.
Small teams of power armored soldiers were sent out all over the wastes to check up on the settlements which had managed to stay in touch with them, and to bring back surviving ponies from those who hadn't.
For the stables mentioned the situations were as following.

At Silveryvale the situation was fine aside from the aforementioned raider and slaver harassment, the team there helped wipe out the local raider warbands to ease the pressure off their backs, and that settlement was left as it was.
The ponies over at Crabsouls were brought back to Lemon, because the sea creatures there had claimed nearly all of their fisherponies, which left the settlement without a source of food, they had already began to starve there.
The team who got to Savepeaks stayed for a week to help train the local militia, fix a few of their busted turrets as well as provide general advice on how to deal with the birds and keep its ponies safe from aerial attacks.
After they repelled a swarm of over a hundred vultures the team returned to Lemon with Savepeaks most badly injured ponies which were then given medical care back home.
Lizardorb was found completely wiped out by the time the team from Lemon arrived, the hellhounds had broken through from below by digging through their food storage, just a week prior to their arrival Lizardorb had a population of nearly 70 ponies, about 1/3 of them had been foals.

Then there was Pineapple, the team arrived to its location and was immediately attacked by ghouls from all sides, they wiped them all out without taking as much as a scratch, Pineapple was assumed defunct until one of the soldiers detected a large number of ID tags marked on the map.
The team feared the worst and expected to find some sort of mass-grave, but instead they found the stable of Pineapple, completely intact and filled with well nourished (but bored) ponies, its leader, Replica Planternourish had apparently managed to keep everyone safe and secure at the cost of her own sanity and cool.
Replica was found to be a nervous wreck which according to the ponies identified as her closest friends had become strangely obsessed with farming and fruit.
They explained that they had been stuck down there because they had no means to secure the surface and go through with their planned scavenging operations, and that Replica had refused to even consider it or any alternative option (another option being to breach the caverns and search for hidden bunkers and facilities).
After signing in with the Lemon leaders the team was instructed to bring everypony back to Lemon.
And they returned, safe and sound.

But things had changed since they last saw Lemon, it wasn't the place it used to be...

I wont write the story bits on a regular basis anymore, they take too much time and I don't have as much of a motivation to do them now as I had with Pineapple.
I might however write a fic about Orange once it reaches its inevitable end, so that's where any personal traits you got for your character(s) play in.
If I get around to it I will use your chosen name as your story characters name and attempt to weave requests and such in, otherwise everything will just be improvised on.

Pending Players:

Gzoker (Chief of Security, Herbalist or Doctor) (REF)
Maklak (Unicorn, male, mechanic)
Urist McGamer (Unicorn, female, possible manager) (REF)

Entries/Stories/Sessions:

01 - Gameplay
02 - Gameplay
03 - Gameplay
04 - Gameplay
05 - Gameplay

Embark Day:

Spoiler: Neighbours (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ingame World Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Embark Supplies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Embark Area (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Surface Prospect (click to show/hide)

Embark party:

For round two we have the following embark party.
5 earth ponies, 2 unicorns.
3 earth pony stallions, 2 earth pony mares and 2 unicorn mares.

Two ponies from the embark party are still free.

Listed skills are as of 2013-04-19 (5th session).

Spoiler: Bee Dengray (click to show/hide)
Earth Pony, male, 24, Expedition Leader
[2] Woodcutter, [1] Grower, [1] Negotiator, [3] Intimidator, [2] Pacifier, [2]  Persuader, [2]  Conversationalist, [3] Judge of Intent

Spoiler: Dell Abbeyplunge (click to show/hide)
Unicorn, female, 21, Bookeeper/Manager
[1] Carpenter, [17] Mason, [10] Record Keeper, [13] Organizer
Overworked logistics and operations director.
Claimed by Lycaeon

Spoiler: Dignity Clashsweet (click to show/hide)
Earth Pony, male, 31, Farmer/Brewer
[19] Miner, [7] Grower, [5] Brewer

Unicorn, female, 36, Swordspony/Militia Commander
[1] Woodcutter, [1] Mason, [3] Fighter, [6] Swordspony, [5] Dodger
Commander and mare in charge.
Claimed by Byakugan01

Spoiler: Rabbit "Paula" (click to show/hide)
Earth Pony, female, 24, Therapist (REF)
[8] Miner, [1] Mason, [5] Consoler, [2] Pacifier, [2] Comedian, [1] Flatterer
"Mom"
Claimed by P(ony)SI

Spoiler: Sacrifice Trimcrowd (click to show/hide)
Earth Pony, female, 22, Farmer/Brewer
[20] Miner, [6] Grower, [5] Brewer
Dig-dug-farmer.
Claimed by Pokon

Earth Pony, male, 23, Butcher/Cook (REF)
[2] Woodcutter, [1] Leatherworker, [5] Butcher, [8] Cook
Worst cook of Orange.
Claimed by Iceblaster

Migrants:

Earth Pony, female, 30, Farmer/Mechanic
[8] Grower, [3] Mechanic, [1] Thresher, [1] Clothier
Traumatized and fruit obsessed clumsy robotics expert.
Replica

Spoiler: Mist Puzzlegate (click to show/hide)
Unicorn, female, 50, Metalcrafter/Mechanic
[1] Animal Dissector, [2] Furnace Operator, [13] Mechanic, [1] Dodger, [1] Armor User, [1] Shield User, [3] Gunner, [5] Consoler, [6] Conversationalist, [5] Intimidator, [4] Judge of Intent, [6] Tracker
CEC Engineer.
Corai

Spoiler: Euphoria Whiskerentry (click to show/hide)
Earth Pony, male, 43, Hammerpony Sergeant
[1] Animal Trainer, [1] Animal Caretaker, [1] Trapper, [3] Grower, [14] Potash Maker, [2] Miller, [1] Dodger, [1] Fighter, [1] Gunner, [4] Comedian, [9] Conversationalist, [12] Negotiator
Skull taker and spine crusher.
Fr0stByt3 (REF)

Unicorn, female, 28, Armorsmith
[2] Gunner, [3] Furnace Operator, [1] Fisherpony, [1] Fish Cleaner, [1] Fish Dissector, [1] Dodger
VIP, Very Important Pony.
Indigo_Surprise

Unicorn, male, 56, Medical Pony
[1] Tanner, [1] Dyer, [20] Gem Setter, [8] Conversationalist, [3] Intimidator, [3] Judge of Intent, [3] Persuader
Incredibly fit doctor who worked all that crescent fat off of him over at Pineapple.
Rinahrific

Earth Pony, male, 33, Riflepony
[1] Dodger, [1] Armor User, [1] Shield User, [6]  Gunner, [1] Butcher, [1] Herbalist, [1] Beekeeper, [1] Fisherpony, [1] Fish Cleaner, [1] Fish Dissector
Has to put up with clumsy robotics experts.
Splint
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:21:17 am by Replica »
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria - Orange (Community Stable)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 08:19:31 am »

A PTW. I doubt I'll claim a pony this time around.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 09:48:39 am »

I would like... Eagle Soundwasp and if possible, maker her a chemist later on.

EDIT:Name change to Lightning Runner, personality wise she doesn't like crowds, but will socialize if needed
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:27:16 pm by Iceblaster »

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 10:13:38 am »

Blaze Lakenest I choose you! If he is still available and i can get him.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 11:01:02 am »

Done and done.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 02:02:39 pm »

Oooh, can I have Twig Paintbrush? It would greatly amuse me if she became a drill sergeant or the like later on, what with her teaching skills.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 02:31:59 pm »

I think I will claim Angel. It would be funny if he eventualy married Bunny, because, well...
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 02:54:30 pm »

Sure.

I think I will claim Angel. It would be funny if he eventualy married Bunny, because, well...

You'll have to pick a name other than Pokon though, what with this (and the story) being a continuation of Pineapple.
That alright with you?

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 03:08:22 pm »

Sure.

You'll have to pick a name other than Pokon though, what with this (and the story) being a continuation of Pineapple.
That alright with you?

Sure. Actualy, Angel will be just fine.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 03:30:08 pm »

I'm laying my claim on Bunny Oilgrowth, renaming her to Rose Gold. Let the arms be manufactured and the bedrooms propagated.

P(ony)SI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 03:37:58 pm »

Orange, yay!
I would like to be Island Jungleentry, under the name of Paula.
Personality-wise, she's calm and motherly.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 03:42:51 pm »

Solid copy on all.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 09:23:47 pm »

I'm happy to see the new community Stable up, Replica, but I have some bad news...I just released an update that fixes several problems with the new version, including potential crashing on the military screen, as well as adding new features like conversion of blank ponies into actual working slaves. :(

I highly recommend porting over Orange if it isn't too much trouble (You'll have to gen a new world, but hopefully not much redoing will be needed). If you decide not to, then Ctrl-Shift-Q'ing at various intervals should protect your save in case there's a crash.

Best of luck! :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:25:25 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 10:47:55 pm »

I'm happy to see the new community Stable up, Replica, but I have some bad news...I just released an update that fixes several problems with the new version, including potential crashing on the military screen, as well as adding new features like conversion of blank ponies into actual working slaves. :(

I highly recommend porting over Orange if it isn't too much trouble (You'll have to gen a new world, but hopefully not much redoing will be needed). If you decide not to, then Ctrl-Shift-Q'ing at various intervals should protect your save in case there's a crash.

[Yay] it! Apple will have to be restarted... Meh, embark was crap... I just double checked the prospect and it had no High Salvage

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 04:08:30 am »

Serves me right for being way to eager and setting it up before waiting at the very least half a week like Maklak warned.

I can manage either way, really.

Alright folks, a poll has been set up, the answer which gets the most votes wins (even if only a single vote has been cast, because democracy).
Poll expires on the 29th (Sweden, evening).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7