Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 206047 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 4: Day Of The Living Alive
« Reply #1335 on: May 15, 2013, 07:36:13 pm »

didn't he mention that if someones hammered to just talk amongst ourselves until day end?

Anyway, i urge you Tolyk to let NQT die if you can. Ciao for now, I won't be around for day end so good luck Town.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 15, 2013, 08:43:35 pm »

As RangerCado votes himself, Vector stands up and heads for the door.

"The game's over, fellas. I won." She flips her hair and opens the door. Tiruin puts a hand on it and stops her.

"No, it's not."

Vector eyes this brave girl. "Oh?" She pushes the door back. "Then you're not paying enough attention." Vector snaps her fingers, and a frying pan instantly connects with Tiruin's head, held by TolyK.

As she recovers, magical glyphs surround Tiruin's head and shatter, sending sparkles everywhere.

Tiruin reaches for her wand. "Let's go, bitch." Tiruin sends blasts hurtling toward Vector, but Vector's quick on the draw, waving her hands to throw the house's wall in front of her. The wall explodes, sending Vector hurtling backwards, colliding into the staircase behind her.

Shadows envelop Vector and bind her to the floor. Griffionday continues channeling RangerCado's consciousness as shadow tendrils rise from the floor and head for Vector, but before they can connect, TolyK has slashed them apart, only to collide right into notquitethere.

"I summon... Heart." He manages to squeak out, pointing his ring at TolyK. TolyK pauses for a bit, examining the ring, and then laughs, before notquitethere punches him right in the face.

"TolyK," starts Toaster, "Why must we fight Love?" Toaster offers notquitethere a hand. Notquitethere, confused, grabs Toaster's hand, only for Toaster to throw notquitethere out the window and into the yard. More shadow tendrils shoot at the trio, who weave in between each one. Vines shoot up from the ground and bind them.

Tiruin smiles. "Got you!" Griffionday channels a long missing member, of no name that anyone can remember, and summons forth a sword, far too heavy for any normal human to weild, but that Griffionday holds with no visible effort. He points the sword straight at the trio. TolyK holds his hand out for Toaster, who grabs it.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

Griffionday charges at full speed, slashing the blade at Vector.

"Stop." Vector's voice echoes throughout the room. Griffionday freezes, mere inches from Vector's face. Even Tiruin can't move.

Vector stares straight into Griffionday's eyes. "Kill the girl."

Griffionday slowly walks over to Tiruin, dragging the sword behind him. He slowly, steadily, picks up the sword, raising it above his head.

"Sorry" is all he can whisper.

The sword falls flat on top of her, crushing the floor beneath her.

"Die."

Griffionday falls over as well.

The vines slowly fade, and Vector brushes off her suit.

"Like I said, the game's over."

Game over. Vector, Toaster, and TolyK win.

And, a game where no one is mafiakilled won by the mafia.

Woo?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Game Over!
« Reply #1337 on: May 15, 2013, 08:52:45 pm »

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 15, 2013, 08:54:08 pm »

Ehh....

Town played terribly and I am not surprised at all.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: May 15, 2013, 08:56:10 pm »

Bloody hell I knew there was something up with TolyK and Toaster.

And that fleeting suspicion on Vector >_>

...That was embarrassing.

Edit: That Vector...and that Toaster.

...Why did people have to hammer themselves >_<

EditIV: Love that end flavor though. The flavor of the Ferromancer was really amusing.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:00:21 pm by Tiruin »

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 15, 2013, 09:00:04 pm »

Well... VERY nicely played fake claim from Toaster (I'm assuming you were aware of this).  How long did you have that section prepped or did you come up with them on the spot?

One thing to take from this for me at least; my suspicions are often right (except in the case of Tiruin).  What else... the weirdness surrounding the night should have tipped me off that Vector was to blame... and I should have probably not brought cult into my claim for the lover's ability; instead focused on possible scenarios where you two could have won tonight anyway.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 15, 2013, 09:01:09 pm »

Muh, I should've followed up on my suspicions on Vector...but I guess the thought of 'She's busy and finals' along with the...lack of posts was a determent to it.

Err...good game? The thing that got Ranger as town for me was his response to NQT's attack. Couldn't figure that NQT was scum despite what everyone else was saying and my scummeter was pointing at TolyK and Vector at the end. Toaster's seeming apathy didn't help...

Edit: Re-reading those actions....Vector was NK-immune, and the nightkill got redirected to her, while it should've landed on a protect.

AND THEN NIGHT TWO. Vector is a lucky snail.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:04:35 pm by Tiruin »

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 15, 2013, 09:07:56 pm »

ALSO THAT WAS BLOODY CLOSE TO A CULT BUT FROM A DIFFERENT ANGLE.

I also love how Vector was the only night-kill target...

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 15, 2013, 09:08:11 pm »

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 15, 2013, 09:08:50 pm »

I love how Vector got all the NKs...and everything redirected to her.

That cult action was also a twister. Claim others when every other ally dies >_>

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 15, 2013, 09:12:10 pm »

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 15, 2013, 09:25:45 pm »

I was right but for all the wrong reasons... I don't really know how I could have seen this one without more pressure on Vector.

Btw Web:  I've been meaning to say that the role you gave me was literally the perfect noob role.  I got advice from someone I could be confident was town, had an ability that gave me information on who to press, but had to play as if I were a vanilla townie with nothing that I could claim.  Thanks for the perfect practice game. 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 15, 2013, 09:35:08 pm »

I was right but for all the wrong reasons... I don't really know how I could have seen this one without more pressure on Vector.

Btw Web:  I've been meaning to say that the role you gave me was literally the perfect noob role.  I got advice from someone I could be confident was town, had an ability that gave me information on who to press, but had to play as if I were a vanilla townie with nothing that I could claim.  Thanks for the perfect practice game.
^ I got this from both you and RangerCado. I guess I did my job right.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 15, 2013, 09:36:43 pm »

Well damn. Didn't expect that. Ranger, Sheep, you're both suicidal idiots and I'm an idiot for not taking Griff's worries about cults seriously.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 15, 2013, 09:46:24 pm »

Well damn. Didn't expect that. Ranger, Sheep, you're both suicidal idiots and I'm an idiot for not taking Griff's worries about cults seriously.
To be perfectly frank, I had actually set this game up as a cult-mafia recruiting when this was a 10p game. However, with the addition of 4 players, I changed the role a bit so that it was only usable at 1 team member left alive. This is why I had no need to rebalance the mafia team even with the modkills, as the role was actually intended for 1 player teams anyway!

Oh, and just for the future: Don't assume I wouldn't put something in.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 93