Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Breaching heaven: A Radiant force of light has arrived!!  (Read 10473 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breaching heaven: A Radiant force of light has arrived!!
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2013, 11:39:11 am »

Which is why Dwarves invent the steel umbrella.

I thought Desperate Dan invented the steel umbrella.

Gargomaxthalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »

While I find the idea of "breaching heaven" to be unfitting in DF:s somewhat grimdark setting, I do think that you should be able to offend the gods with serious repercussions a lá the seven plagues or invasions by godlike creatures as a result.

DF doesn't really have a grimdark setting. Purposeful mutilation and trauma to harden hearts is all on the players, it isn't something dwarves just do all on their own.

In Drwaf Fortress you ARE Armok. LOL
Well lets see... at least half of what I say is complete bullshit. Hell the other half tends to be pretty sketchy...

OOOOHHHH,JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AND MAYBE I'LL GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

javascript:void(0)

Gargomaxthalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2013, 01:17:27 pm »

Well it makes no sense.  Maybe a set of sins or laws or doctrines or whatever from a belief system that allows for some grey area or interpretation between good and evil would be more appropriate.

Moradin and his home boys have always loved seeing goblinoids and giant-kin get hacked to bits by their followers, so it's not so much a "grey" area as a difference in opinion.
Well lets see... at least half of what I say is complete bullshit. Hell the other half tends to be pretty sketchy...

OOOOHHHH,JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AND MAYBE I'LL GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]