Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Metalsmith Forge (again)  (Read 1506 times)

Xombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metalsmith Forge (again)
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 08:13:00 pm »

Oh thank you all. =) I built everything and realized i have no hematite, but tons of silver, gold, platinum, and other crap. Now started new fortress hope with iron.

CogDissident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 09:19:00 pm »

Every fortress has every metal, you just need to dig deeper to find it. I sugguest digging a lot between the chasm and lava, you'll find tons of that iron you need, and the occasional platinum vein, which makes your fortress very rich, very quickly.

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 08:13:00 pm »

Also bear in mind that you'll only find coal past the chasm as well, so you'll have to dig there no matter what.  Coal is much more abundant than wood when it comes to running furnaces.

Of course, to put that to shame, magma is much more abundant than coal... but then, in most of my fortresses I self-impose a ban on building anything magma-related, just for the sake of keeping the fortress lasting dozens of years.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin
Pages: 1 [2]