Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cobrabrass - the Dragonic Civilization Succession Game (Year 2)  (Read 8228 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Also grass should normally regrow, but there's a game bug where it doesn't regrow in mountain biomes.

It also appears these dragons can fly... and there's an outpost liason outside waiting to be let in.

...that's probably an extremely good thing.

Some can fly, others can't.  I forget why I left the liason outside...must've been important.  Or something.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Cobrabrass - the Dragonic Civilization Succession Game (Year 2)
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 09:10:04 pm »

Errors I've been finding in the errorlog relating to the game loading.

raw/objects/creature_random_cf.txt"
CREATURE_1TIORBUID_CF:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
CREATURE_1TWUJABLA_CF:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
CREATURE_1RPAAKRKD_CF:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

tl;dr: Some RNG creatures don't have the necessary body parts to carry out their attacks.

I also notice the scalewrap workshop requires TOOL:TABLE. The way this works just requires some tool to be found,    [BUILD_ITEM:1:TOOL:TABLE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

If you want a table, you need use:
[BUILD_ITEM:1:TABLE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] Was this your intention? I can fix this.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile

Posting to watch! This looks like an interesting.

Not requesting a turn?  You did in the previous thread.
I'm not as stupid as I was, if I asked for a spot, something wwould come up to stop me from playing.
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 09:31:34 pm »

Errors I've been finding in the errorlog relating to the game loading.

raw/objects/creature_random_cf.txt"
CREATURE_1TIORBUID_CF:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
CREATURE_1TWUJABLA_CF:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
CREATURE_1RPAAKRKD_CF:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

tl;dr: Some RNG creatures don't have the necessary body parts to carry out their attacks.

I also notice the scalewrap workshop requires TOOL:TABLE. The way this works just requires some tool to be found,    [BUILD_ITEM:1:TOOL:TABLE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

If you want a table, you need use:
[BUILD_ITEM:1:TABLE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT] Was this your intention? I can fix this.

Meh, what can you do.  I'm not searching through 1000 creatures to find the one that isn't working.

Yeah, that's what was meant to be there.  No one has mentioned it in the mod thread, so this will partially be bugfixing that I have never seen or heard.

Posting to watch! This looks like an interesting.

Not requesting a turn?  You did in the previous thread.
I'm not as stupid as I was, if I asked for a spot, something wwould come up to stop me from playing.

Despite there being no turnlist at the time?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 10:13:18 pm »

Alright, I fixed the three randomly generated nasties so they attack properly. In some cases I substituted attack parts to make it more horrifying.

1) Body parts have to exist to attack with, or you have to make a substitution.
2) To attack with nails, it needs to be a GRASP rather than a STANCE attack. At least I get this from experimentation with the raws in arena mode and looking at a similar attack definition for dwarves.

I fixed the building raws. [BUILDMAT] means the item has to be one of type BAR, BLOCK, BOULDER, or WOOD, and isn't really compatible with requiring tables or gems or statues or other items to fulfil the requirement, so I removed the token in those cases. I also rearranged the gem requirements for the altar building, so you will need a large perfect moon stone and a large perfect sun stone.

I looked through the reaction raws and they look OK, except for the bars produced from the ore smelting reactions if you wanted them to be like better and fuel-free versions of the smelting reactions. Normally 4 bars are produced per boulder of ore because of the change in the drop rate, so I edited this in (4 bars per unit of ore or 8 bars if smelting an alloy from two boulders ore).

To delineate between the smelter-reactions I have added (draconic smelter) to the reaction names so you know which one is which in the manager.

Upload of the "fixed" .zip file waiting for DFFD upload servers to sober up from Error 503, please stand by for application of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fixed file here in .zip format: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7518

I'm probably going to get this going tomorrow now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:23:36 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 12:11:37 pm »

Started game, have to restart now with nothing much happening besides the gate being opened and the clawwrap workshop being checked out. There's another bug with the reactions for the clawmaker's workshop, each job produces 1500 or 15000 or the items specified, I think I can fix this one too.

Also the outpost liason doesn't want to come inside, probably because there's a pathing issue with flying creatures.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 01:30:07 pm »

Started game, have to restart now with nothing much happening besides the gate being opened and the clawwrap workshop being checked out. There's another bug with the reactions for the clawmaker's workshop, each job produces 1500 or 15000 or the items specified, I think I can fix this one too.

Also the outpost liason doesn't want to come inside, probably because there's a pathing issue with flying creatures.

...This is where you are looking at the reagents rather than the product.  It needs to be 15000 in order to use one unit of cloth, which has a hardcoded product dimension of 15000.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 09:43:04 pm »

I did some more test runs with the reagent fix, and noticed some of the reactions in the clawwrappers workshop seem to produce pots and other items. However, the leatherworkers shop and clothier's shop will produce the desired items properly.

To make sure I have it right, clawwrap goes on the dragon's appendages, flank blankets go on the lower body, and straps go on the upper body?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 10:56:16 pm »

I did some more test runs with the reagent fix, and noticed some of the reactions in the clawwrappers workshop seem to produce pots and other items. However, the leatherworkers shop and clothier's shop will produce the desired items properly.

To make sure I have it right, clawwrap goes on the dragon's appendages, flank blankets go on the lower body, and straps go on the upper body?

Yes, you have it right...but I have no idea why in the world there would be pots and other items.  Are you sure you're looking at the right workshop?  I looked through the files, and I cannot see where that problem exists.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 08:57:36 pm »

Thanks and apologies for the time I've taken away to do other things. This probably goes on the modding forum thread, but I will put it here anyways.

You have the claw-wrap workshop to make clawwrap, flank blankets, and straps, but the clothier's workshop will make those same items, so there isn't really a need to have a separate claw-wrapper's workshop.

I believe the error is that you have a TOOL specified for making in the raws, and this is the case with pretty much everything besides the weapons. While I can go fix that as well, the clothier's workshop, leather workshop, as well as the magma forge and normal forge will produce all the items of armor the dragons have in their raws. I know the armor is supposed to be forged by the dragons using their firebreath (represented by requiring no fuel to forge the item). The only trouble you'll have is with making gauntlets that way, since I think there's missing functionality for modders to make left or right-handed gauntlets.

Edit: I've been running the save repeatedly for testing the bugfixes. I've noticed that the outpost liason and other flying creatures in the air just do not move or even try to go inside. The traders also haven't unloaded some of their animals, a bug I have never seen before.

I changed the reaction raws to produce the items. You want to look up the item tokens here:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Item_token

tl;dr: Item types are
ARMOR if your armor or clothing goes on the upper body.
PANTS if your armor or clothing goes on the lower body.
SHOES if your armor or clothing goes on the feet.
HELM if your armor or clothing goes on the head.
GLOVES if your armor or clothing goes on the hands. This is bugged out for making said items with a reaction, so stick with the forge, leather shop, and clothier's shop. This doesn't apply to your mod, actually.

The other error is the reactions do not use a skill type to make. I'm going to go fix that, and reduce the number of pieces of cloth or leather for claw-wraps to either 2 or 1, whichever is in line with the amount used by the cloth or leather workshop (if the clothier's workshop only makes two claw-wraps per task, I'll make the reactions require 2 pieces of cloth or leather to even it out).

Edit2: It uses 2 pieces of cloth or leather to make 4 claw-wraps. I've named the reactions to make them clearer. I also adjusted the material required to make the armor in the special reactions, as well as in the forge (using material size) to adjust them somewhat. Claw-wraps retain [MATERIAL_SIZE:2], Dragonhelms have [MATERIAL_SIZE:4], so they use 1 bar each, and the full body armor has [MATERIAL_SIZE:10], so it uses 3 bars now. I think that's most of the changes to stop the bugs. Skills are fixed now. The ritual and forging of perfect sunstones or moonstones uses the Alchemy skill.

Updated file at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7518
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:42:29 pm by CaptainArchmage »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 10:53:05 am »

-snip-

I take it you are going to be starting your turn soon.  No rush since there are no other players with a place reserved...

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 05:53:36 pm »

Sure. I've hit a problem with the skill tokens used for constructing the buildings, so I will probably be putting out a version 2.1 of the file soon once I get that working.

Version 2.1: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7518
(I've just updated the old posting)

Journal of CaptainArchmage, Chief Medical Dragon
2nd Granite, Year 4

A year has passed since we settled at Cobrabrass and dug out a settlement. After coming into many conflicts with the undead roaming the area, and the resident beasts, we finally settled in an underground shelter. After the first overseer Zanzetkuken stood down, it now falls to me to lead the settlement.

We are sealed off from the outside world, and there are traders present. For whatever reason however, the traders have not unloaded all their animals. As we have a shortage of clothing and a shortage of cloth and leather, I am ordering all the goods the animals are carrying to be dumped. I see we have already traded some items to the merchants.

I also noticed that the door to the single-room hospital has been locked. That's going to change now, and any injured dragons will get the medical attention they deserve.

I'm also ordering some tables made for the claw-wrapper's workshop.

Despite the gates having been opened, neither the outpost liason nor any of the flying creatures outside are trying to get in. I wonder why.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:41:04 pm by CaptainArchmage »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 07:42:00 pm »

Chief Medical Dragon's Journal, 26th Granite, Year 4

The operation to requisition the merchant's goods has been completed successfully. However, we are still low on items of clothing, and some of the citizens are increasingly unhappy about it. Nobody, however, has anything left to do, so I'm going to work on expanding the fortress and getting some metal smelting up.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:11:31 pm by CaptainArchmage »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 08:04:04 pm »

Progress has been made!

Monthly Report, 1st Felsite, Year 4

Bug-related Savescums/Crashes/Testing Sessions/Fixes: Some building work locations were improperly assigned in raws. Fixed lead-smelting in Dragon's smelter to produce 2 bars of silver and 4 bars of lead (ratio given by normal smelting of lead's only ore in this game, Galena).

With the clothing crisis behind us and morale rising, I have designated a tunnel to be dug deeper into the ground. The merchants are done trading, but haven't budged, so I pulled up the drawbridge in case of insanity.

The fortress attracted no migrants (player note: this is one of the few times I have seen a fortress attract no migrants in the spring of second year without an active siege) this season. I suppose that means we can focus on digging deeper into the earth. I'd really like to get to the cavern layer, so we can obtain plants to grow.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 08:11:19 pm »

(player note: this is one of the few times I have seen a fortress attract no migrants in the spring of second year without an active siege)

Yeah, I had the world gen be short because I was trying to upload this on dial-up.  There were only ~50 dragons each in the two mountain halls at the start.
Pages: 1 [2] 3