Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WayPaths - new community fort!  (Read 843 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
WayPaths - new community fort!
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:02:32 pm »

OP stuff: Right now I feel like making a community fort out of this idea. I plan on sorting all stones, minerals, and metal bars by color and sending them to workshops for the colors, using minecarts. This map has four layers of Chalk, so I'm digging past them and building in the layers below until I carve out the layers completely. Also creating family housing is part of my plan, so this should be fun! I gotta redesign every time a family has a new kid. No more than 2 kids a room, and every noble's kid gets a room for itself.

My dwarf-eyes are that of "Puff" Sigun Febgusil "Arrowcopper", a naive Dwarf who likes architecture and working with stone. This will hopefully be an asthetically pleasing fort as well :)

1st Granite, 126

Hello, diary, it's me, Puff. I know I'm actually called Sigun, but I like Puff, it sounds cute. Today I've managed to get myself onto an expedition to create a new outpost! They've given us the name WayPaths. I like it. Here's a little bit about me:

Spoiler: Me! (click to show/hide)
I also learned a lot about the people I'm travelling with.
Spoiler: Onget (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Adil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sarvesh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mebzuth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ineth (click to show/hide)
Here's a quick sketch of where we're at!
Spoiler: Outpost (click to show/hide)
Here's what we've decided - or rather, Adil decided for us. I don't think I'll like her if she tells me what to do. She calls herself the leader and all, but I don't think she understands art.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WayPaths - new community fort!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 05:45:40 pm »

Dwarfing list.

"Puff" - alive. Architect/Mason

Onget - Unclaimed. Miner

Adil - Unclaimed. Expedition Leader/Manager

Sarvesh - Unclaimed. Carpenter

Mebzuth - Unclaimed. Temp Miner/Engraver Storyteller

Lor - Unclaimed. Woodcutter

Ineth - Unclaimed. Metalcrafter
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:58:41 pm by Pufferfish »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:42:06 pm »

1st Hematite, 126

Hello again Diary. We've made a bit of progress in the past few months! I've argued with Adil over designations - She wanted to get herself and every nice rooms and dig the fort from there, but I talked her into digging out the start of our future barracks first, and setting up a dormitory there first.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've also got the setup for the B.I.G.S.I.S (Brobdingnagian Intelligent Grand Stone Identifier and Sorter) all laid out, too! I can't wait to see it in action. This fortress is going to be gorgeous!
Spoiler: B.I.G.S.I.S (click to show/hide)
That's all for now, diary, but I hear we're supposed to get a supplement of workers here this season.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:16:58 pm by Pufferfish »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 11:00:54 pm »

28th Limestone, 126

Hello Diary, it's been a little while. We've actually gotten two waves  since I've last managed to sit down and write to you. Here's who's in the little hamlet we have now.
Right now we've got the living spaces for us seven expeditioners. Adil said we should have whole living spaces to ourselves, and I think she's super right. I've given myself a little extra space though. It's a secret, don't tell Adil! The dining room is also on this floor.
Here's the B.I.G.S.I.S again. I've developed it a little more thoroughly, deciding where the minecarts are going to head. Next to designate is the S.I.S. itself.
That's all for now, I'll talk to you after the caravan!