Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like to see in the next episode?

More succession fort updates
- 2 (7.1%)
A Q&A modding segment
- 5 (17.9%)
In-depth devlog analysis
- 5 (17.9%)
Play-by-play description of combat logs
- 4 (14.3%)
Letters to the editor
- 1 (3.6%)
Horrible parodies of NPR
- 2 (7.1%)
Help for beginners
- 2 (7.1%)
Dwarfy commercials (Spearbreakers mugs, Urist's Quality Socks)
- 6 (21.4%)
Live streaming
- 1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: April 26, 2013, 10:00:59 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: DFBT The Dwarf, Community Podcast: Wait, I thought this was dead? What gives?  (Read 22868 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I finally released the new episode. Here it is.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This one was better than the last episode.

What I like about this podcast, that once its quality improves even more, is that I won't have to waste time lurking around the forums to find DF news.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile

I'd be happy to help with organizing an agenda, because that's really the only thing i'd be good for!

In any case, good luck with the podcast. I'll be listening as often as I can.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

And here is episode 3.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile

Disclaimer: The host is a teen boy. Voice subject to change without notice.
If you're looking for a narrator, where can I illegedly "try out."
Not trying too toot my own horn, but people have said I have a "charming" voice.
Just message over the forums.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:20:16 am by Gavakis »

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile

Suggestion: How about talking about remarkable feats of !!SCIENCE!!? Farming Sea Serpents for fun and profit, and, well, this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129773.0

I think it might be pretty interesting to have a highlight along those lines each episode.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Episode 4 is up here.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile

I know I said it in Charmcrafted thread but I will repost it here:
New episode of DFBT is up, featuring this fort.
[/shamelessplug]

[Exaggeration]Sonny Boy, I was doing shameless plugs before you even knew how to use a computer.[/Exaggeration]

I will check it out, but I may, by which i mean I will, be extremely critical...^^

Edit: What are you using for recording? If Audacity you could try noise canceling... also, try to get someone else on the podcast, it may help you to make it longer if you discuss fortresses between 2 people.... also, why censoring? This is a brutal game, curse words are the least of the problems while talking about it^^

Edit 2: Quoting devlog: fine, rereading posts in fortresses= potential spoilers=needs warning...

Edit 3: Quote by itself means nothing, try to discuss it, once again second person may help... Nevermind, some of the quotations have discussion... all of them could be like it though...

Edit 4: Overall it was ok, but do consider recording the parts separately, if you do not want to have someone working with you that is, by parts i mean different segments, like the Mod of the Week stuff... That way you can take several takes of the part and choose the best one, as in some moments you were stuttering... it also allows for blooper reels in future...

That is all from me^^

Also, if you do find a cohost (I just read this thread, not very carefully I migth add) just ask them to record in audacity as well, just like we do in Balanced Podcast... Ha! Counter Shameless Plugged! A bit off-topic but hey! But yeah, you can merge both tracks using Audacity, it is rather easy, really...
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]