Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Running Dead  (Read 6026 times)

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
The Running Dead
« on: March 29, 2013, 02:02:12 pm »

Run you damn fool! It's a nefarious fog zombie, it will kill you with one hit! Run!
...I told you-HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO PUNCH IT TEETH OFF?

My militia commander is chasing a nefarious fog zombie... with bare fists. He somehow managed to punch it so hard, that it's whole body is yellow or orange. But the zombie is only running, he only did counter-strike once... It has started a month ago, and it's still just running away!
WHY!? I would be happy to see it killing everyone in my fort, but they are moving in a random way, interrupting everything...

- Is our commander still chasing that poor guy?
- Yeah, it been a month now. What did he do to him?
- I don't know, but it must been something very, very elfish. Look, he managed to punch him again!
- Wait... now they are getting closer... Why is his skin so green? Is he a... zombie...
- ...I need another drink

EDIT: A random dog has joined the chase. Zombie is still running around, perfectly healthy, interrupting my haulers.
EDIT: Oh Armok, I will lose to a friendly zombie... He only runs away, he didn't harm anyone but a dog... but he is now running in circles around my food and booze with 5 dogs chasing him .-.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 02:37:50 am by ☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼ »
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
Re: The Running Dead
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 07:59:04 pm »

If it's still around, take video! you can add yakkity sax music for a you tube release:)
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 10:41:25 pm »

I had a zombie like this...

Unfortunately, it was armed with a pickaxe and proceeded to kill any dwarves that caught him, ushering an early end to the fort.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 05:01:25 am »

If it's still around, take video! you can add yakkity sax music for a you tube release:)
I can totally imagine this....:D....it could only be more funny if several hacked off limbs would also join in the polonaise... maybe some chickens too. :lol:
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 05:19:54 am »

They did manage to push it off a 8 z-level cliff... It has broken both spine sections and legs. AND IS STILL RUNNING.

I don't know is it more sad or hilarious - but it's crawling around with it's whole body broken... and a dog with broken spine is crawling behind it and trying to bite it.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 07:49:03 am »

They did manage to push it off a 8 z-level cliff... It has broken both spine sections and legs. AND IS STILL RUNNING.

I don't know is it more sad or hilarious - but it's crawling around with it's whole body broken... and a dog with broken spine is crawling behind it and trying to bite it.
The most determinated zombie ever.
"MUST... RUN.... MUST... RUN.... GONNA... WIN.... DWARFLYMPIC... GOLD!!!!"
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 09:16:04 am »

This is like the Forrest Gump of fog zombies.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 12:00:33 am »

This is where I wish you could rename hostile captives... :P
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 03:57:35 pm »

Forrest Gump becomes a slightly worse movie whenever someone mentions it.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 02:42:05 am »

*year later*
Yeah.
That one zombie is a total jerk. He still didn't decide to attack anyone. He just runs. And runs. And runs. Right in front of my entrance, booze, food... My war dogs forced him to dodge off a very high cliff several times. I don't know if there is a bone in his body that is intact. But nooo, why would he just stop and die? That would be too easy.
And he still is "friendly". He has killed the war dogs and injured my militia by counterstriking.

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 04:10:22 pm »

Yeah, the only way you can kill this kind of zombie (also called a husk or thrall) is to cut its head off or to bisect it. Other injuries won't do anything at all. You could send some axedwarves after it. Or you could cage it, if it's not immune to traps.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 05:05:19 am »

Yeah, the only way you can kill this kind of zombie (also called a husk or thrall) is to cut its head off or to bisect it. Other injuries won't do anything at all. You could send some axedwarves after it. Or you could cage it, if it's not immune to traps.

It is.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 05:38:17 am »

what a fine archery practice target it is...

vanatteveldt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 07:07:29 am »

You can still try to pit it by manual methods, e.g. opening a drawbridge while it is on it (will require some difficult timing). If it obeys locked doors it should be a lot easier to get it cornered?

If you do manage to pit it somewhere it will indeed make for the best archery practice there is!

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 10:57:49 am »

Yeah, that would be nice. But when he gets close to my dwarves, they cancel everything and run for their lives, and he... does the same. But with dwarves/husk out of sight, husk/dwarves decide to try doing that task again, go back, see dwarves/husk... I should probably ask Goomba Geek to draw it.

Oh Armok, it's a husk!
Oh Flflpflfplf RoomyHorse Serpent Woman Necromancer, it's a dwarf!
AAAAA~
HHHRRRRMMM AAAAA~

I can't even get my militia equipped... Urist cancels pickup BFAxe, interrupted by nefarious fog zombie x5000
Pages: [1] 2