Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game says I'm under siege but there is no enemies.  (Read 4356 times)

Bobster829

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Game says I'm under siege but there is no enemies.
« on: January 05, 2014, 03:22:16 pm »

Basically as the title says and if it helps I'm playing Masterwork. That last battle, I summoned and it was against humans. Any fixes.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:31:56 pm by Bobster829 »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Game says I'm under siege but there is no enemies.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 03:38:32 pm »

Batman siege. Someone has to get more killy.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 03:47:45 pm »

Are you sure there are no more hostiles on the map?
Don't know about Masterwork, but in vanilla an undetected necromancer can keep a siege going even if there are no more enemies showing up in the unit list.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:53:29 pm by XXSockXX »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 09:27:40 pm »

With DFHack, you can use "slayrace" with no arguments to get a list of what's on the map. If you want to find hidden dwarves with it, you'll need to check the number of dwarves it returns against the number of citizens you have.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

CBlackrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 01:40:12 pm »

I had this issue happen once, it was because some dumbass goblin lasher fell in my river and got swept to what must've been a waterfall that was slightly off the map, so he ended up stuck against the map edge in the river, but the water level wasn't high enough to drown him.

mensrea

• Bay Watcher
  • Bane of COMEX
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 04:08:30 pm »

If you can't find any invaders milling about in dark corners of the world then you are likely a victim of a DF bug which leaves you stuck in siege mode due to potential invaders never properly materializing. I lost a fort to it recently. I would link you to the df bug report but google is failing me at the moment EDIT: Found it. In short: theres no way to fix it without a utility called runesmith which is not up to date and does not work (tried it myself to make sure). Sorry bud.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:11:28 pm by mensrea »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 07:06:12 am »

If you are still listening, you have a batman siege in the caverns. Go kill it.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 08:44:52 am »

Or an elf seige. They're all sneaky sneakers.

Spy227X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 09:14:44 am »

The air must be rebelling against you, servants of Armok and the magma, therefore you are the earth, and the air is rebelling against the earth.
Is this freshwater or saltwater? Because alternatively you could breed a large amount of crocodiles and unleash them into the waters... indirect genocide.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 02:24:01 pm »

You did check the units list for hostiles, right?

I've had a siege last an extra year because one zombie got stuck in a hole in the map.  Once I dug him a way out he was killed and the siege ended.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 02:47:20 pm »

In short: theres no way to fix it without a utility called runesmith which is not up to date and does not work (tried it myself to make sure).
DFHack can probably do whatever Runesmith did.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.