Advanced search  

Poll

Cant get rid of this

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 06, 2013, 08:55:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Exultationhexxed - Who needs migrants!☼  (Read 62852 times)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sucession Fortress: Name to be discovered by CognitiveDissonance
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2013, 02:15:31 pm »

Time to start a dorflist, The Master? At any rate, here is a temporary list of unclaimed dwarves currently in the fort in case these happen to appeal to anyone, professions (and state of livelihood) are subject to change:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:33:10 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Sucession Fortress: Exultationhexxed
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2013, 02:37:46 pm »

I would like to take a turn in this.  :)
Please put me in the list if you have any free place. I'd appreciate it.
You got it friend!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sucession Fortress: Name to be discovered by CognitiveDissonance
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2013, 04:46:15 pm »

Time to start a dorflist, The Master? At any rate, here is a temporary list of unclaimed dwarves currently in the fort in case these happen to appeal to anyone, professions (and state of livelihood) are subject to change:
Added to OP!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2013, 10:03:22 pm »

Two seasons in and still no migrants. This is rather unsettling, the third year is coming up and we number at barely a dozen.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2013, 11:18:57 pm »

The fort seems to be going fine thus far, even with no migrants.

((I'm still working on my mod, by the way, even though it doesn't look like it will be used here))
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2013, 12:26:10 am »

((I'm still working on my mod, by the way, even though it doesn't look like it will be used here))
Go go Insanity! Post it's progress at the modding section
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2013, 06:08:44 am »

Tell you what, when the fortress someday dies in a fireball of cats and misery, we'll use the mod in the sequel.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2013, 09:40:36 am »

Goddamnit guys I leave you alone for FIVE MINUTES and everything goes to hell.... eh whatever can't be any worse than if I was here. So I'll take that Grand Master Miner if nobody minds.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Chimpanzee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2013, 09:44:09 am »

I'd like to be dorfed as the last-name-only child. Name her Pan and dump her in a hole with food and booze so that she can't escape.
Edit: Had a typo.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:13:48 pm by Chimpanzee »
"I am a Legandary Weaver! Nobody handles cloth like me"
"Yeah, that's great. Hey, are you done? If so, we need to smelt this ten thousand large load of hematite. I'll see you next month."
"WHAT AN OUTRAGE! I AM A LIVING LEGEND! I SHOULD BE WEAVING"
"That's nice. Tell you what, pretend you are weaving metal out of this ore. Now get to work."

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2013, 04:25:03 pm »

Halfway through autumn, so I should probably be finished (playing at least) by the end of the day. Till then, have some dorf moodlets:

Cogdis:
Ye predecessory. Best woodworker we have, also appointed him as chief medical dwarf and fortress psychiatrist, because nobody understands "cognitive dissonance" like the guy who is practically named after it.

The Master:
Militia commander and deadliest warrior Exaltationhexxed has ever seen (granted we haven't seen many), highly skilled with crossbow, blade, and hammer. Preacher is just a noble position I impulsively appointed him to, but he seems to be filling out the role of cult leader rather well... if I do say so myself.

Zacen:
A loner, legendary for mining skills renown, also famous for taking really, really long breaks at inopportune moments.

'Barricaderubbed" aka Pan:
The only representative of youth culture in our glorious fortress. Being that she matches the psychical description of a neanderthal, I'm sure she'll quickly grow accustomed to life in the tunnels beneath the well; which is probably for the better, since the orcs are trying really hard to kidnap her.

Spish:
Ye glorious overseer, fishing guru, self-trained swimmer, captain of The Wraithlike Spears, and de facto sheriff of Exaltationhexxed. Killer of two apparently famous horses. Edit: HAS NO BEARD

The Mad One:
Now part-time fortress hammerer. I hadn't previously noticed, it turns out that As is also a highly skilled cook and butcher, who loves to eat elves and goblins and orcs, how convenient. :D

It's a pretty tight-knit community at this point, and it looks to stay that way for the rest of the year... since nobody else wants to live here, haha.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:37:23 pm by Spish »

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2013, 04:58:23 pm »

Define really long breaks? Like long for a dwarf?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2013, 04:59:14 pm »

Long compared to everyone else in fort. I'm pretty sure the first time was at least two weeks. But I am playing slowly and meticulously, so I may just be exaggerating.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2013, 01:01:37 am »

Can I be dwarfed as As Ungodlyminds? Don't change her name, but give her the profession title "The Mad One".
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2013, 06:28:01 am »

Can I be dwarfed as As Ungodlyminds? Don't change her name, but give her the profession title "The Mad One".
Added to the dorfing list.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2013, 07:20:35 pm »

How's the update coming along Spish?