Advanced search  

Poll

Cant get rid of this

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 06, 2013, 08:55:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Exultationhexxed - Who needs migrants!☼  (Read 62822 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Exultationhexxed☼
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2013, 05:42:23 pm »

The save file has it's own raws, and you can add buildings and reactions to an already genned world.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2013, 06:32:56 pm »

I'll do that before I start. On a different topic:

Ok, this is kind of cool.  While looking for an embark for Fluoman, I came across something I've never seen before.

A single cavern.
A candy spire.
A candy spire that spiked THROUGH and HIGHER than the single cavern.

Up to this point, I've never seen a spire with a single cavern, never mind higher than it and/or through it, and the reason is...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the worldgen
and here's the embark location.

This + masterwork ANY mod that utilizes slade in a succession fort anyone? I'm not well versed in !FUN!, but this certainly looks like it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 07:29:23 pm by Necrisha »
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sucession Fortress: Exultationhexxed
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2013, 07:46:53 pm »

Noted: do you prefer Aigre or Excalibur?

Aigre will do. Thanks!
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2013, 11:18:55 pm »

The save file has it's own raws, and you can add buildings and reactions to an already genned world.

No you can't.

You can, however, use DFHack's devel/inject-raws script to insert new buildings and reactions. Since this is a succession game, I'd say it's backed up enough for that to be safe :V

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2013, 11:34:03 pm »

A Masterwork succession fort!? Why wasn't I told of this!?
Sign me up, dwarf me as a militiadwarf.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2013, 12:09:03 am »

noted for dorfing chaosgear.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2013, 06:32:39 am »

A Masterwork succession fort!? Why wasn't I told of this!?
Sign me up, dwarf me as a militiadwarf.
Your avatar is incredible. If yahtzee played DF then I'd have to shed a man tear.
On topic now, added to the turn list.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2013, 08:15:26 am »

yahtzee does not play RTS. ;)

If Randall Munroe would make a comic about DF,  I'd have to shed a manly tear. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2013, 09:34:26 am »

Hai there master ;)

Urdim Syrupoutrages, Proficient Axedwarf/Thresher, faithful worshipper of Tithleth, "a born fighter" and father of 16 children o_o

I MUST HAVE THIS DORF. I AM THE FATHER OF MANY FIGHTERS/DEAD PEOPLE.
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2013, 08:53:04 pm »

sorry there tomio, he's already been claimed- so has Ezum the mason/axedorf.... fresh out of fighters I'm afraid.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2013, 09:29:22 pm »

Necrisha, if you could give me a current list of unclaimed dwarves, that'd be great.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2013, 09:59:24 pm »

Remember the forumdwarves plugin. CTRL+P prints the text into the forumdwarves.txt in your dwarf fortress folder. That makes showing dwarves a lot easier. Just please dont have a macro loaded, because ctr+p also playes macros... have to change that hotkey ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2013, 10:00:39 pm »

Ctrl+Shift+P?
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2013, 10:06:28 pm »

Well, that was easy. Changed the hotkey, tested, works. Here the example of what it does:

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2013, 10:31:34 pm »

Gotcha! sort of been in a moping mood cause I can't afford going to the CCE again and there were many things I was salivating about... I'll edit in an update in about half an hour or so- this fort freezes my comp for 10min on opening if I have a web browser or paint.net open at the same time. >.< No crashing yet though, just the same misreporting a close that more oft happens in stone soup after the save is done...  Also Handy!

Here's the list of unclaimed Dwarves:

Note: I dorfed myself as a baby that was born in the fort for laughs-in any future turns I will role-play as such, but she is simply too young to bother at the moment.

So, the first month is going slowly... the chained brook troll has been busy, killed the undead moleweasel.
The liason finally finished his meeting and is now leaving. On the second of slate no less.

17th Slade, Some practice throwing spears and knife blades have been made, the mithril spear thrower has been constructed and assigned, so has the spear thrower. Unfortunately a better spear thrower must eventually be constructed, however the spring loaded knife is of exceptional quality.. peat is being converted to coke, walls are being built. gods this is slooooow. Hey; up to 9 fps!

*later* Elves didn't have anything terribly interesting. I insulted them and let them leave intact. ordered a bunch of interesting things through their diplomat. Stocks seem to be holding steady- excavated a room by the smiths to hold metal bars and the start of a clothing industry- including loom and clothier. also built a fishery near the butchers shop as spisherdwarf has been effective at catching fish when he isn't killing sneaks and theives.

24th Hematite, The mad one seems unhappy. I've designated plans for the beginning of a housing complex on a lower level- as well as four room configurations for nobles. One will be dug out for him. I do not understand why the damned Masons insist on doing every possible job except in the mason's shop, but I will get to the bottom of this! especially since no stone is forbidden- Nor is there any restricting commands in the workshop preferences...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:28:47 pm by Necrisha »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23