Advanced search  

Poll

Cant get rid of this

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 06, 2013, 08:55:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Exultationhexxed - Who needs migrants!☼  (Read 60643 times)

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope I didn't kill it! C'mon, people, this fort is still pretty simple!

I just had to skip my Horrorfailed turn, because of RL commitments. That game isn't moving much either.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Master, this is what happens when you don't play a turn in your own Masterwork Fortress. After all, you can't spell Masterwork without Master.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

roundedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed that people were having a hard time getting going, so I decided to just start playing the game where gchristopher left off. It seems to be running okay to me. Does anybody mind if I give it a whirl?

roundedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Journal of Roundedge Libaslist, Tailor, Seer of Ghosts

GRANITE

-1st of Granite, 265 Early Spring-

Seven ghosts appear to me in an elf dream. I recognize some, The Master, As Othashottan, Pan... but surely they are not dead. Others I do not know, they name themselves Zombi, Jakob, peregarrett, and Meph.  The ghosts bring tidings of death and destruction. dwarven meat is hacked and mangled beneath the turning wheels of mine carts, the carts menace with spikes of blood. I ask if these are visions of things to come or things that may be... but each passes on my question. My beard clings to my body for fear.

I find Spish and plead with him to consult the book. He claims it has abandoned us. I know what I must do. I proclaim that I am taking command of the fortress. Spish is thrilled.

I bring together the bookkeeper and manager, and draw out my burrow plans. I am a seer now, so I know my words to be truth "you can go anywhere except north of the river. We are now the dwarves of the southern bank, and never north of the river shall we venture. You can venture underground, you can venture to the strange grassy caverns, you can even venture to that cursed desolate tundra. But never on the surface of the northen bank of the river will you set foot. So sayeth me."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lo the plague of ghosts would not cease,

So I ordered stone slabs for the ghosts to sleep upon. Why do ghosts sleep sideways like horses, and not floorways like dwarves?

I am tired and go to sleep, but my bed haunts me with the sticky sweat of elf dreams, and the closeness of other dwarves leaves no room for the vapours to escape. What a cramped space.

I go to the misty halls to sit and eat and be refreshed. But look at all the dwarven rumps, and no seats for a weary one.

No wonder the dead are restless, when life has given them nothing but cramped rooms and a meager three tables. This will not stand. I am roundedge, seer of ghosts and pacifier of souls. I will order a grander hall and a room for every pair of feet.

-3rd of Granite, 265 Early Spring-

Spish is constantly trying to butcher something that does not exist. Perhaps he longs to cross to the northern bank of the river. Perhaps he wants to cut up some ghosts. I suspend all butchery until further notice. Eating the flesh of the dead is not safe so close to evil fogs. If Spish wish, Spish can fish. I order a fishery to be built near the pond. Fish do not have flesh, fish only have fish.

-10th of Granite, 265 Early Spring-
The drow wish to trade, but Cogdis only wishes to play in the sand. Why gather sand to make glass for the drow if you do not come when the drow beckon. Some of the drow spiders are dark green, and they are beautiful, others are red, and they are hideous. Cogdis informs me he has already traded with the drow, and I feel foolish. Being a leader is hard work.

-16th of Granite, 265 Early Spring-
I do not feel safe. Our dragons should protect us. We will train them into mighty warriors, they will fight to defend their eggs. Spish knows how to train. Maybe they will butcher him.

-19th of Granite, 265 Early Spring-
I am a fool! There are more deadly carts to the west! I will protect us. I will forbid the west as well. We will not concern ourselves with the surface of the earth, for it is beyond the carts. The book that built these carts means to push us out of the air and into the ground. It is a wise book. When we are strong, we will destroy the carts and rule the surface.

-26th of Granite, 265 Early Spring-
The slabs are done. I put them near the grand living space, to remind us all not to become ghosts for me to see.

Lo, as one life enters the world, so another leaves it.

The drow want illuminations. I give them one of mine: "Death and ghosts are all around. Tis wise to live deep underground."

So ends Granite.

roundedge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1st of Slade, 265, Mid-Spring

The miners are all busy making places to rest. But if we are to become strong deep beneath the earth, we will need to eat more of it. I order the peasants Edem and Iden to strike the earth.

2nd of Slade, 265, Mid-Spring

The Drow are not Dwarves. They do not heed my orders. They are going to be eaten by the carts! I lower the bridges, but it is too late.

At first it is funny. The cart pummels the groins of the drow, and their eyes try to scramble from their skulls. But then the bridges close, and a bloody scream without the sight of groin pummeling is not funny at all. The rest of the drow squeal as they flee. It is not my fault that they do not follow dwarf law. I hear the sloshing of blood soup under the bridges. Soon there will be ghosts. I eye the hen and dream of new kinds of butcheries.

7th of Slade, 265, Mid-Spring

The dwarves spend too much time playing in sand! There are no empty bags, only sandy bags. I cast about for the glassmaker Moldath. I ask him what he can make with glass and he lists and lists. He says he can make illuminations! I do not know what kind of wisdom sand will bring. But we will make them for the Drow, as consolation for their groins.

2nd Felsite, 265, Late-Spring

The dwarves work hard. The ghosts sleep. Has the danger passed? A rotten stench drifts over the walls from the mashed drow. 

8th Felsite, 265, Late-Spring

Illuminations are toys? Piles of toys in the glass forges. Is Moldath a child, or was it the drow? Perhaps this is a joke from the depths.

15th Felsite, 265, Late-Spring

The Elves have come. I hope they bring beasts. Their treasure master wanders in from the frozen waste. Why have they taken different routes? I wonder if I should feed him to the carts just to be safe.. I peak at the depot, magma hounds and dragon raptors blister and snarl. Perhaps we should see if they want "illuminations" first.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]