Advanced search  

Poll

Cant get rid of this

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 06, 2013, 08:55:48 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Exultationhexxed - Who needs migrants!☼  (Read 62654 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Sucession Fortress: No name yet.
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 06:41:19 pm »

Sign me up. I'm currently doing Cobrabrass but should be done soon since the FPS on it is high.
Roger that! I think one more person should be enough, then i'll set up the world. Do you guys want me to choose the embark, or let cognitive decide?
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 07:02:34 pm »

Do you guys want me to choose the embark, or let cognitive decide?

Is this another trick when I think I have power but in the end the vote doesn't mater...?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 07:03:58 pm »

Bloodspear the <name chosen by the master> sounds good for a fortress name. More imposing fortress names welcome.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 07:45:10 pm »

Fortress Defense wins by a landslide! Now we just need a few people to sign on as overseer.
Then what was the point of the vote?
Huh. "Aggression Reactor" buildings that produce metal bars from no inputs using.. soapmaking skill? Including steel? Am I reading that right? So, not much need for ore or flux or coke or .... mining? I can't be reading that correctly.

Armies of fire-flinging imps sounds neat. Half the enemy races appear to be trapavoid, which does spice up defense.

Maybe leave out the "Pandashi" with "great innate martial ability." Or replace them with "Overused MemeMen" that spit a syndrome poison with severe nausea effects.

I vote for an embark on terrifying swamp or desert with reanimation and thralling weather next to a terrifying ocean with reanimation. Aquifer is a must. Tell me if you'd like help making sure the aquifer is at least 10 z-levels. No volcanoes. If you want magma, you should have to dig/snorkle for it.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 07:46:55 pm »

Do you guys want me to choose the embark, or let cognitive decide?

Is this another trick when I think I have power but in the end the vote doesn't mater...?
Nah, this one is on you guys!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 08:08:25 pm »

I'd vote for something that has at least 2/5ths of an untamed biome or joyous wilds. I also vote something without mountains and something that has a reasonable amount of flat space.

If we're running fortress defence, the extra space will be needed. To be an epic fort, you have also got to survive. Remember, Syrupleaf was in a Joyous Wilds biome.

Mineral settings to max (100).

I'd prefer to avoid oceans simply because the waves reduce FPS a lot.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 08:16:41 pm »

Aquifer is a must.
Explain to me why an aquifer is a good idea? I've always hated dealing with them.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 08:33:19 pm »

I'll have a go as long as people are aware that I've never pierced an aquifer before and would rather not have a repeat of the drowning incident the last time I tried. You want an aquifer, you'd better be the one to pierce it. I am not mentally coordinated enough to pull it off...
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 08:36:23 pm »

I'll have a go as long as people are aware that I've never pierced an aquifer before and would rather not have a repeat of the drowning incident the last time I tried. You want an aquifer, you'd better be the one to pierce it. I am not mentally coordinated enough to pull it off...
Added to the list and that should do it for the first 3 overseer slots!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:37:57 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 08:50:17 pm »

3? Did you forget someone?
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 08:57:11 pm »

3? Did you forget someone?
Oh shoot! I missed your post! I'll add you to the list pronto!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 09:37:53 pm »

Aquifer is a must.
Explain to me why an aquifer is a good idea? I've always hated dealing with them.
Well, drowning and accidental flooding and more drowning and especially being stuck above ground with wooden buildings while the fire imps attack! Then drowning.

Seriously though, I never embark without an aquifer somewhere on the map. It's an unlimited water source, easy, infinite disposal of water and easy power. Also, now that water autocannons are possible, I tend to see them as the solution to every problem. Maybe a half-aquifer embark to make it easier?

Please sign me up for a turn somewhere after the more competent people! Thanks!

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 10:22:52 pm »

Aquifer is a must.
Well, drowning and accidental flooding and more drowning and especially being stuck above ground with wooden buildings while the fire imps attack! Then drowning.

Seriously though, I never embark without an aquifer somewhere on the map. It's an unlimited water source, easy, infinite disposal of water and easy power. Also, now that water autocannons are possible, I tend to see them as the solution to every problem. Maybe a half-aquifer embark to make it easier?

Please sign me up for a turn somewhere after the more competent people! Thanks!
you got it! I see your reasoning for an aquifer now!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 12:00:06 am »

This is the fourth time in a row someone I've missed being added to a succession list, haha.
I vote for an embark on terrifying swamp or desert with reanimation and thralling weather next to a terrifying ocean with reanimation.
While I feel the applications of zombie army in a fortress defense environment would be most entertaining, think about the implications of perpetually reanimating terrain when we're being siege'd 4 times a year. Either we destroy the corpses with magma after every single siege, or things get so cluttered with ZOMBIE that it becomes unplayable.

Thralling mist though, we can work with. I'm torn between that and having the slaughter take place on a magical field of sunshine and rainbows.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:39:51 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 01:24:04 am »

Surprise me. I like surprises.
Just not zombie surprises, those can be annoying. Or at least not too many zombie surprises.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23