Advanced search  

Poll

Cant get rid of this

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 06, 2013, 08:55:48 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Succession Fortress: Exultationhexxed - Who needs migrants!☼  (Read 60507 times)

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sucession Fortress: No name yet.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 02:33:21 am »

This is the fourth time in a row someone I've missed being added to a succession list, haha.
I vote for an embark on terrifying swamp or desert with reanimation and thralling weather next to a terrifying ocean with reanimation.
While I feel the applications of zombie army in a fortress defense environment would be most entertaining, think about the implications of perpetually reanimating terrain when we're being siege'd 4 times a year. Either we destroy the corpses with magma after every single siege, or things get so cluttered with ZOMBIE that it becomes unplayable.

But thralling mist, hell yes. I'm torn between that and having the slaughter take place on a magical field of sunshine and rainbows.
Good call!

You know... it's pretty easy to modify the interaction layer that creates evil weather and reanimation and such. What about a creeping murk that turns victims into a "the master thrall"?

It's also easy to add/remove reanimation to an evil biome, if you're really attached to the location but don't like the interactions.

I guess it could also transform the victim into a cow. I've never tried tacking a transformation effect onto an evil weather.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 07:14:20 am »

This is totally gonna be another Spearbreakers isn't it? With a super strong modded race of death that eventually means nothing.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 02:30:23 pm »

I guess it could also transform the victim into a cow. I've never tried tacking a transformation effect onto an evil weather.

That would be hilarious and awesome. maybe donkey's instead as that would be more fitting. I'd personally prefer Joyus wilds close to a necro tower, but I'm wierd like that.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 02:33:09 pm »

That would be hilarious and awesome. maybe donkey's instead as that would be more fitting. I'd personally prefer Joyus wilds close to a necro tower, but I'm wierd like that.

!!Giant Kea Woman Corpse Corpse!!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 03:13:55 pm »

I'm apparently not drunk enough for this thread.
Neither am I. But that's rectifiable.

... ahem ...

OK GUYS SIGN ME UP!! I WANT AT THIS FORT OF BLOOD AND PROBABLY DOOM!!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2013, 05:34:53 pm »

I'm apparently not drunk enough for this thread.
Neither am I. But that's rectifiable.

... ahem ...

OK GUYS SIGN ME UP!! I WANT AT THIS FORT OF BLOOD AND PROBABLY DOOM!!
You got it mate! By the way, just between you and me? WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2013, 05:51:21 pm »

Can we find a map that is 2/3rds Joyous Wilds Jungle and 1/3rd Haunted Swamp? Preferable a Haunted Swamp that is not re-animating, but has undead.

The Joyous Wilds Jungle is absolutely needed as a source of unicorns and elephants. On that note, can we just call this Boatmurdered II?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2013, 06:10:28 pm »

On that note, can we just call this Boatmurdered II?
Maybe! I think it needs to earn that title first though.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 06:17:21 pm »

... you have to name a fortress before you even start, and then work it to its rightful destiny in the eternal hall of fame.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 06:50:25 pm »

... you have to name a fortress before you even start, and then work it to its rightful destiny in the eternal hall of fame.
No, that's not what I meant! I know that! I just meant to have it even considered it to be a sequel to boatmurdered, A LOT has of madness has to occur.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2013, 07:30:07 pm »

No, that's not what I meant! I know that! I just meant to have it even considered it to be a sequel to boatmurdered, A LOT has of madness has to occur.

Oh right, if you want it to be considered a proper sequel... but that doesn't stop the fortress name from being "Boatmurdered the <insert words of your choice here>".

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 07:35:25 pm »

Anyway, tomorrow the poll will close and whatever wins I'll try and embark on. Anyone want to be dwarfed? If so, want me to screenshot the dwarves so you can pick and choose?
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 07:52:04 pm »

out-of-the-box

well f**k me right... pretty sure I was first post. why am I not on the list!! Now it's time to TROLL this thread.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 08:12:56 pm »

out-of-the-box

well f**k me right... pretty sure I was first post. why am I not on the list!! Now it's time to TROLL this thread.
you want a turn too?! Wow! I'm popular! Whatever you say naked dwarf man!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2013, 10:14:48 pm »

Hey can I get a turn?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23